TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #1261 (Print)
NYHeel

Oh, one other thing is that I have a Norton internet security thing installed on my pc. Do I have to change any of the settings on that or is the TWP going straight to the tivo and therefore not being picked up by the Norton firewall.
NYHeel is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #1262 (Print)
fsck_101

Send a message via Yahoo to fsck_101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel
Oh, one other thing is that I have a Norton internet security thing installed on my pc. Do I have to change any of the settings on that or is the TWP going straight to the tivo and therefore not being picked up by the Norton firewall.

About port 80...what Gunnyman said. Plus a lot of ISPs will block port 80 (they don't want you running webservers).

You'll be going straight to the tivo, so no worries about what's on the PC.
fsck_101 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #1263 (Print)
sparxva

Why run CAT5 at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy
... Now if it were only as easy to run CAT5 in a 2-story house, I would be in heaven...

Tim

I picked up some Ethernet-over-powerline bridges over the weekend and they work fine for this purpose. Even when transferring large image files to Tivo Desktop the SA2 only uses about 4 Mbps, so the 14 Mbps speed of the power bridges works fine.

Previously I was using some D-Link ethernet 54g bridges, but the wireless link was never very stable and as far as I know Tivos don't have firewalls.

- Mike
sparxva is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #1264 (Print)
Greencat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxva
I picked up some Ethernet-over-powerline bridges over the weekend and they work fine for this purpose. Even when transferring large image files to Tivo Desktop the SA2 only uses about 4 Mbps, so the 14 Mbps speed of the power bridges works fine.

Previously I was using some D-Link ethernet 54g bridges, but the wireless link was never very stable and as far as I know Tivos don't have firewalls.

- Mike

What brand did you buy? DId you need a USB to ethernet dongle?
Greencat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #1265 (Print)
the new guy
Sarcastic Person

Send a message via AIM to the new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxva

- Mike

I wanted it done right, and I just felt better having CAT5 and a switch than something that seemed makeshift. I don't doubt it will work, since I use a powerline phone adapter for the unhacked DTiVo. Plus, CAT5 in the house adds to the resale value, and I didn't have a chance to have it done while the house was being built..

Tim

Old 03-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #1266 (Print)
jovillan

Success

Add one more name to the list of successful upgrades. I upgraded two DSR-708 boxes this weekend. It could not have gone any smoother. Tons of thanks to those who were responsible for putting together the great users upgrade guide.

I will say that the one "Gotcha" I ran into was when I tried to sort the Now Playing List. Things went totally blank. What I found out is that this is related to the Tivo boxes trying to find a valid DNS. This caused minimal hairpulling. What I did was hop into my Linksys router and restrict my Tivo MACs from accessing the tivo website. Hopefully this will eliminate my potential for becoming a "moron".

Special thanks to Gunny for all his kind words and time. I can't stress enough how important it is to read, read, read. Take some time to learn what the commands you are entering mean, and it will save you lots of heartache.

Next on the plate is a HDRV2(as soon as the wife watches all her shows), tivowebplus, and TYStudio.

JC
jovillan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #1267 (Print)
Kyotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovillan
Add one more name to the list of successful upgrades. I upgraded two DSR-708 boxes this weekend. It could not have gone any smoother. Tons of thanks to those who were responsible for putting together the great users upgrade guide.

I will say that the one "Gotcha" I ran into was when I tried to sort the Now Playing List. Things went totally blank. What I found out is that this is related to the Tivo boxes trying to find a valid DNS. This caused minimal hairpulling. What I did was hop into my Linksys router and restrict my Tivo MACs from accessing the tivo website. Hopefully this will eliminate my potential for becoming a "moron".

Special thanks to Gunny for all his kind words and time. I can't stress enough how important it is to read, read, read. Take some time to learn what the commands you are entering mean, and it will save you lots of heartache.

Next on the plate is a HDRV2(as soon as the wife watches all her shows), tivowebplus, and TYStudio.

JC

Good job JC, there is a lot of good people here to help. I'm still pulling my hair out over here but making progress. It turns out my hard drive is bad, a brand new Maxtor QuickView 120gig. I RMAed it and hopefully by Friday my replacement will be here.
Kyotech is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-14-2005, 11:53 PM   #1268 (Print)
JimCil

Okay, I have finally read all 64 pages and I think I am ready to try this. I have a HDVR2 and a spare 60 gig HD (cant get a bigger one right now). I have no Linux or Unix experience, but I am willing to follow the guide to a T.

Just a quick question. If I understand correctly, once I have my new drive ready to go and installed I can install hacks by accessing my TiVo through my home network right? I dont have to keep popping it into my computer.

Also, if something goes terribly wrong I can just pop my old TiVo drive back in and everything will be okay right?

Please bare with me, like others I am still trying to digest what I have read over the past pages.
JimCil is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #1269 (Print)
old7
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCil
Okay, I have finally read all 64 pages and I think I am ready to try this. I have a HDVR2 and a spare 60 gig HD (cant get a bigger one right now). I have no Linux or Unix experience, but I am willing to follow the guide to a T.

Just a quick question. If I understand correctly, once I have my new drive ready to go and installed I can install hacks by accessing my TiVo through my home network right? I dont have to keep popping it into my computer.

Also, if something goes terribly wrong I can just pop my old TiVo drive back in and everything will be okay right?

Please bare with me, like others I am still trying to digest what I have read over the past pages.

Yes, you will be able to access your TiVo through your network and you are right you will not have to keep putting the hard drive into the computer.

Yes, if you keep the old drive you will be able to put it back in and be right back where you left off.

Remember, you have a HDVR2, which is not a RID box. There are steps that you need to skip.

-Old7
old7 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 11:59 AM   #1270 (Print)
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsck_101
The first question would be, are you using a router or other firewall? I am guessing you are, so a few things you'd need to do in that case.

1. Get thee a dynamic DNS product. I recommend http://www.no-ip.info . Install the client on your PC. This will allow you to have an address of (for example) http://mynetworkname.no-ip.info that will always point to the IP of your router.
2. Enable the username and password in tivoweb.cfg to password protect yourself. If you open up TWP to the world, you don't want just anyone to log into your tivo!
3. Whatever port you set TWP on, you'll need to set up your router to forward that port to the tivo's internal IP. See your router documentation.
4. You'll then be able to hit your tivo from outside the firewall with http://mynetworkname.no-ip.info:<mytivowebplusport>

All right. I did number 1 and 2 and it works on my local network. I did #3 and it still won't work outside my local network. I'm forwarding the port I'm using to my tivo ip address. Don't many people have the same ip address as my router or is it unique? Also for #1 should I have the ip address of my router which is ###.###.1.1 or my tivo which is###.###.1.101?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #1271 (Print)
fsck_101

The IP address that the dynamic DNS service needs is your external IP address, i.e. whatever IP address your cablemodem or DSL modem is given by your ISP. no-ip's DUC Update software should be able to sense you are using a router and update to the external IP address.

No, nobody will have the same *external* IP address as your router. So, basically the way this works is, no-ip has given you a fully-qualified host name (like myrouter.no-ip.info) which points to your router's (well, really your modem's) external IP address. Your router will get a request for a specific port, which it then maps to your tivo's IP address (which is an internal network address), and forwards the request to the tivo.

Did you use no-ip.info or some other DDNS service? Most have software that will take care of detecting the external IP and updating the DDNS service. I know no-ip does...
Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #1272 (Print)
NYHeel

Maybe that's what I did wrong. I put in my ip address that show up for my router. It's 192.168.1.1 which I believe is fairly common and why I was confused. I did use no-ip.com. How do I get the external ip? Doesn't it change everytime I log on to my DSL service? I noticed that no-ip.com has your current ip address at the top of the page on their website. Should I use that one? Once again thanks for all of the help.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #1273 (Print)
fsck_101

Quote:
Maybe that's what I did wrong. I put in my ip address that show up for my router. It's 192.168.1.1 which I believe is fairly common and why I was confused. I did use no-ip.com. How do I get the external ip? Doesn't it change everytime I log on to my DSL service? I noticed that no-ip.com has your current ip address at the top of the page on their website. Should I use that one? Once again thanks for all of the help.

Yes, that IP address is the internal ip address of the router. The job of the router is to, well, route addresses between your internal address and your external address.

You can probably find out what the external IP address is by logging into the router and checking there, but as you said, your external IP address is subject to change. Thus, the software that no-ip has available. Go to no-ip and click on downloads, download the windows client and run it. It will check the external IP, and update no-ip's records to reflect the external IP. You can set it up to run as a windows service so that it automatically checks periodically to see if the external IP has changed, and will update no-ip if it does.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #1274 (Print)
NYHeel

This is actually making sense. Thanks a lot for all your help. I really appreciate it. I'll check it tonight after work. Tonight I also have to upgrade my other tivo to 4.0. So if I have two tivos how does tivowebplus work then? Should I have the tivoweb.cfg file on different ports for the two tivos?
Old 03-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #1275 (Print)
fsck_101

Quote:
Should I have the tivoweb.cfg file on different ports for the two tivos?

Exactly. Forward one port to tivo#1 and another port to tivo#2.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #1276 (Print)
Martin_S

(sorry, my post count isn't high enough to post anything resembling a URL, which makes it cumbersome to ask a question involving URLs)

Quote:
Exactly. Forward one port to tivo#1 and another port to tivo#2.

Just want to clarify, 'cause I'm about to jump into this too.

1. get set up with no-ip[dot]com (or whomever) and have their client software running on one of your PCs.

2. in tivoweb.cfg you set portnumber = 1234 (for example)
(and you most certainly set up a username and password)

3. in your router, you set port 1234 to be forwarded to the Tivo's IP

When you want to access your Tivo from the outside, the URL you use would be something like:

[dub dub dub dot]mysubdomain[dot]no-ip[dot]com:1234

And for the second Tivo, you'd set up "5678" in tivoweb.cfg, forward that port to go to the second Tivo's IP, and use the above URL with 5678 at the end instead.

Right?

Martin_S is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #1277 (Print)
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyotech
OK, lets start at the begining of the 4xRID guide. I have the PTV's boot/utility ($5)CD burned. I boot from that CD and hit enter when it tells me to and now I'm at the PTVupgrade /# prompt. I swap to the Tools CD and type "mkdir /cdrom" and it tells me Cannot create directoy '/cdrom' File Exsits. Is that what I should expect to see?

Yeah, the guide does not take into account that the newest version of the PTV CD already has a directory called /cdrom.

You can skip that step and move onto the

mount /dev/hdd /cdrom

Remember that hdd should be whichever IDE channel your cdrom is plugged into.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #1278 (Print)
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungwah
Yes, you can just dd the kernels from the CD directly to your boot partition.
Initially, you just want to enable network(telnet,ftp) access on your 3.1 system, so you need to dd the kernel from the s2_kernels/3.1.1c directory to the partition your tivo is currently booting from (use bootpage -p to determine this, or you can just dd it to both partitions 4,6). You will need to install the appropriate modules to enable your network adaptor and setup your network, telnet, and ftp in your rc.sysinit.author file.

Once you have a bootable 3.1 w/ network access, you install the slices. Installing the slices is not as bad as it seems. The major issue I ran into was a shortage of diskspace (make sure you delete tar.gz files you no longer need). I put the slices in /var/packages and ran dbload as the guide suggests. I ran into some minor issues with the installSw script, but my questions were quickly answered from posts in the other forum. Just make sure you replace the reboot with exit in the installSw script because after you run this you will need to dd the other kernel from you cd to the new boot partition (and your hacks as well). This kernel is located in s2_kernels/4.0.1a directory. The stock 4.0.1a slice install probably already has network modules that will work with your adaptor, but it's best to install the updated 2.0 drivers from the other forum.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Thanks so much Tim. I couldn't find anything that actually came out and said that you had to dd over a killhdinitrd'd kernal twice. Once to get my virgin system hacked to a point, and then again after the slice upgrade. You've cleared up alot.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:19 PM   #1279 (Print)
fsck_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_S
Just want to clarify, 'cause I'm about to jump into this too.

Right?

Yep, absolutely.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #1280 (Print)
Kyotech

Well after all the posts I'm finally up and running wiht 4.01. It seems my brand new Maxtor Quick View drive is not feeling to well, soI RMA'd back to Maxtor.

Thanks to all the answerd my N00B questions with style,

Well now what? everything is running smooth so far, what to try next.
Kyotech is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #1281 (Print)
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCil

I think you'll better off getting at least a 120GB drive or larger, a 60GB one really doesn't increase your recording hours by that much then your original drive(40GB-correct?)
specially since every week someone/retailer has deals on hard drives

Old 03-15-2005, 09:36 PM   #1282 (Print)
NYHeel

Quote:
Yes, that IP address is the internal ip address of the router. The job of the router is to, well, route addresses between your internal address and your external address.

You can probably find out what the external IP address is by logging into the router and checking there, but as you said, your external IP address is subject to change. Thus, the software that no-ip has available. Go to no-ip and click on downloads, download the windows client and run it. It will check the external IP, and update no-ip's records to reflect the external IP. You can set it up to run as a windows service so that it automatically checks periodically to see if the external IP has changed, and will update no-ip if it does.

All right, I downloaded the DUC from no-ip.com and I had someone outside my network try it and it still didn't work. I now have no idea what's wrong. I am going to my current external ip address then the router is fowarding port 80, which I'm currntly using, to my tivo's ip address. I have no idea what could be wrong. The only things I can think of is that, one, on my router, underneath my ip address are listed 2 static DNSs that are different than my ip address. I don't know what those are or if they are causing a problem. The second thing is that there are other kinds of fowarding options on my router. There's port range fowarding which I already enabled, there's port trigering, upnp fowarding, and DMZ. Do I have to enable any of those options as well? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #1283 (Print)
AbMagFab
I go where Tivo goes

It sounds like you're not too comfortable with networking. You're probably best off getting a friend to come over and configure it.

Personally, I prefer to use a non-80 public port (like port 12345), and use the router to map that public port to my Tivo's port 80. Or even better, use a tool like orenosp to provide tunneled HTTPS access to the Tivo's.

In any case, diagnosing this kind of network configuration is best done at the router config screen.

Based on what you said above, it sounds like a Linksys router. If so, I would suggest UPNP forwarding only, since it allows you to do the external/internal port mapping. And make sure to pick TCP or BOTH, not just UDP. If you have overlapping things enabled in the other places, it probably won't work.

2x HR10 500G 3.1.5f
All-TWeb+, TyTool, caller-id

OTA HD is 100% reliable

Save me Tivo Series 3!!!!
AbMagFab is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #1284 (Print)
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab
It sounds like you're not too comfortable with networking. You're probably best off getting a friend to come over and configure it.

Personally, I prefer to use a non-80 public port (like port 12345), and use the router to map that public port to my Tivo's port 80. Or even better, use a tool like orenosp to provide tunneled HTTPS access to the Tivo's.

In any case, diagnosing this kind of network configuration is best done at the router config screen.

Based on what you said above, it sounds like a Linksys router. If so, I would suggest UPNP forwarding only, since it allows you to do the external/internal port mapping. And make sure to pick TCP or BOTH, not just UDP. If you have overlapping things enabled in the other places, it probably won't work.

Well, you're definitely right about your first point. Unfortunately I don't think I have any friends who know any better. Should I enable the DMZ? Also, how do I get to the router config screen? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #1285 (Print)
JimCil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnm81002
I think you'll better off getting at least a 120GB drive or larger, a 60GB one really doesn't increase your recording hours by that much then your original drive(40GB-correct?)
specially since every week someone/retailer has deals on hard drives

Yes, 40 is what I have now. Size is not so much of an issue for me, I am really interested in networking the unit. Hopefully if all goes well. I can replace it down the road and make the switch again.

I'm going to give it a go this weekend but I want to be sure I have the general steps down. I apologize ahead of time if my terminology is not correct.

1. Use the guide (I have to read the thread over to make sure what steps to skip since I have non-rid).

2.Obtain two cd's from PTV one for 5 bucks which is the new kernel and one for 20 which is 4.01b. Instacake will expand the 40gb drive so it fits onto my 60. Burn the images slow onto a cd. Clear and Delete everything.

3.Obtain a Linksys USB100M (unless someone can suggest a less expensive one)

4.Put the new drive into the TiVo and power it up. I may have to wait for the locals to come back.

5. Make sure that TiVo does not make a call out. Do this by leaving it unplugged from the phone line, blocking a port on my router (also a linksys), superpatch will take care of the nag, and fakecall will prevent the TiVo from calling out.

6.Enable telnet and ftp which will allow me to put hacks directly onto the TiVo via my desktop. Do I need to disable my windows firewall in order for this to work?

Sorry this post is so long. I know that it is MUCH MORE involved that this but I am trying to piece all of the information together and wrap my head around everything before opening the box. Please bare with me, I have no linux experience and I am a little nervous about this, but everyone raving about this makes me want to at least give it a shot.
JimCil is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #1286 (Print)
aristoBrat

Quote:
Well, you're definitely right about your first point. Unfortunately I don't think I have any friends who know any better. Should I enable the DMZ? Also, how do I get to the router config screen? Thanks.

If you enable the DMZ (and use your TiVo's IP address), then you've basically put your TiVo on the internet without any firewall protection. Don't do that.

Like AbMagFab recommended, you must forward a port on your router for this to work. On the routers Forwarding page, click the UPnP forwarding button. Add a new entry like the TiVoWeb one in the picture below. Be sure to put the IP address of YOUR TiVo, not "10" like in the picture. Apply your changes and have a friend try it out by going to http://TheExternalIPAddressOfYourRouter:12345

If that works, you'd might want to go back in to your router and change the port to something >1024, but different from 12345

If that DOESN'T work, make sure that the IP setting on your TiVo has the default gateway set as the internal IP address of your router (192.168.x.1, usually ... x may vary depending on your network)

aristoBrat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #1287 (Print)
Martin_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoBrat
On the routers Forwarding page, click the UPnP forwarding button.

This is where I might have messed up. I set up forwarding on the initial page of the forwarding tab, where you enter a range instead of a specific port. As far as I've seen the Linksys knowledge base has nothing to say about the difference between the main forwarding page and the Universal Plug-n-Play page. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have the UPnP button, and when I get home, I'll try setting things up on that page instead.

Otherwise...

I have the Tivo using DHCP for now. This shouldn't make a difference, as long as its IP isn't changing, right? I've thought about giving the Tivo (as well as a PC that I'd use to capture the router's logs) a static address, but I never knew what to put for default gateway and DNS.

So I know now that it should have the router's LAN IP as a gateway. But I still don't know what to put for DNS. The router's status page has the modem's LAN IP for DNS. And the modem's info page shows me nothing for DNS. It's an MSN-branded Arescom modem - totally non-configurable. Perhaps it's set to only look to MSN for DNS. RSVP PDQ, OK?

Martin_S is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-16-2005, 02:31 PM   #1288 (Print)
amedman

Hello,

I am trying to install USB 2.0 drivers on a DTIVO RID unit (DVR40) folloing the dellanave USB 2.0 guide.

System Setup: I followed the 4x+RID dellanave guide and used the “instant cake and LBA48” disks from PTVupgrade so it has 4.0.1b image and 3.1.1c killhdinitrd kernel. I then installed the init framework with uma6fix using 'test.conf' to run that. I then updated dssapp. Then copied Alphawolfs all-in-one to /busybox directory on TIVO. Than created the rc.sysinit.author to look like the following:

#!/bin/bash
export TIVO_ROOT=
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox

# start telnet
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

# start ftp
tivoftpd

# make fakecall
fakecall.tcl

# add two static routes so the TiVo doesn't phone home (stops breakage)route add -host 204.176.49.2 gw 127.0.0.1
route add -net 204.176.49.0 gw 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

Then at bash prompt:
chmod 755 rc.sysinit.author
mv /tivo/etc/netfilter-enable /tivo/etc/netfilter-notenabled

Then reboot and “clear and delete everything”

Then ran superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl and guide_patch_v401b.tcl.

Everything worked great. I can telnet, tytool and it had 0 reboots for weeks. Then I tried to update the USB drivers to 2.0.
I ftp’d usb20netmodules-2.4.18.tar.gz to TIVO and unpacked it. I then telneted and did the following at the bash prompt:
cd /lib/modules/
mkdir backup
mv ax8817x.o backup/
mv usbcore.o backup/
mv usb-ohci.o backup/
mv /hacks/usb20netmodules-2.4.18/usbcore.o /lib/modules/
mv /hacks/usb20netmodules-2.4.18/usb-ohci.o /lib/modules/
mv /hacks/usb20netmodules-2.4.18/usbnet.o /lib/modules/
ln -s /lib/modules/usbnet.o /lib/modules/ax8817x.o

Then I edited my /test.conf to look like this:

#!/bin/bash

echo "starting test.conf"

export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox

export upgradesoftware=falsefor foo in /init/*.init ; do

echo "starting $foo"

$foo

done

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/usbcore.o log2_irq_thresh=4
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/usbnet.o
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/usb-ohci.o

I then “CHMOD 755 test.conf” and rebooted. On reboot, the system hangs at "Welcome..Powering up". I assume that what I did in test.conf is wrong resulting in the hang-up. I read a comment somewhere that the path statements in test.cong are critical and not having them correct results in the problem I have but I do not see the mistake in what I did.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may have that may help me out.

Amedman
amedman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #1289 (Print)
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_S
This is where I might have messed up. I set up forwarding on the initial page of the forwarding tab, where you enter a range instead of a specific port. As far as I've seen the Linksys knowledge base has nothing to say about the difference between the main forwarding page and the Universal Plug-n-Play page. Any insight would be appreciated.

If it wasn't working, you've got nothing to lose by trying the setup on the UPnP page, but honestly, I've got entries on both the Forwarding page and UPnP page on my router.

If you didn't have your routers LAN ip setup as the gateway on your TiVo, that's probably the problem. Without it, the router can forward packets to the TiVo, but if the TiVo doesn't have the correct gateway setup, data from the TiVo will never make it to the router (to be forwarded back to whomevers web browser).

Regarding DHCP, like you said, it'll work until your router gives you TiVo a new IP.

As for DNS, if you open up a command prompt on your computer and type "ipconfig /all", it should list the IP addresses of the DNS servers that it's using. Those should be fine for your TiVo.
aristoBrat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #1290 (Print)
Finnstang
Thingamabob

chmod should be lower case not caps

Finnstang is offline Report Bad Post Report Post