TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #2011 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice
Wassup, MKG!!
Our old buddy Matt is a participant in Bravo's "Battle of the Network Reality Stars".

I caught the first ten minutes and will try to watch the rest later.

I see that our hero Matt still isn't wearing long pants.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #2012 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Once a schmo, always a schmo.
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #2013 (Print)
Azlen

Yep, from what they showed of Matt last night, it doesn't look like he has changed a bit.
Azlen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #2014 (Print)
Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVOSciolist
I see that our hero Matt still isn't wearing long pants.
What? And cover up that body?
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM   #2015 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
Ack! I missed it! Is it being rerun!!??!!

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 PM   #2016 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead
Ack! I missed it! Is it being rerun!!??!!

You only have nine more chances to watch the first episode:

http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/sea...tle&start=today
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #2017 (Print)
melsbud

Whoa! Did anyone catch Tyra Banks' talk show today? I was channel surfing and lingered on it for a bit, and lo and behold, our own Angela Dodson was on! (See the clip here: http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/this_week.html for Monday, Sept. 19)

She wasn't exactly on for the best of reasons, but it was nice to see a familiar face again. She came off looking the best out of everyone, and she was classy and took the high road in a difficult situation.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #2018 (Print)
Amnesia

Thanks for the heads-up. I set it up to record.
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #2019 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Darn, missed it...the local affiliate runs it at 9 AM, and though there's a 4 AM repeat, it apparently won't start until next week.

I did, of course, catch MKG on that Bravo show. He literally hasn't changed a bit, bless his big heart!
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #2020 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsbud
Whoa! Did anyone catch Tyra Banks' talk show today? I was channel surfing and lingered on it for a bit, and lo and behold, our own Angela Dodson was on! (See the clip here: http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/this_week.html for Monday, Sept. 19)

She wasn't exactly on for the best of reasons, but it was nice to see a familiar face again. She came off looking the best out of everyone, and she was classy and took the high road in a difficult situation.

What was the "reason"? Apparently, we lost FOX last night during a storm and it's never coming back or something.

Edit: They better get it back by tomorrow for House or I'm going to scream so loud you can all hear me.

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #2021 (Print)
melsbud

From what I caught, a guy and a girl were in a troubled relationship, and both were given a "free pass" (either by the Tyra Show or by one of those reality shows) to date other people. Angela was the lady who was paired with the male half of the couple, and he apparently dropped a lot of money on her, and they spent the night together, much to the female half's chagrin. (To Angela's credit, both say she slept on the bed and he slept on the couch, and at the end of the 'date', she did not give him her phone number, nor is she interested in pursuing a relationship with him.) The woman kept criticizing Angela (unjustifiably) and Tyra interjected that it was unfair - albeit, human nature - to go after the third party instead of the man who strayed from her in the first place! As Tyra said, Angela has no allegiance to this woman, and didn't do anything wrong. It was the man in the relationship who should have 'known better' and stayed faithful. (I think the man and Angela's rendez-vous was more intense than what I had caught, since I only joined in halfway through the segment.)

In the end, Angela said she wasn't interested in continuing a relationship with this man, and the girlfriend said she'd need a while to think things over--oops, too late, because the man also decided he wasn't interested in continuing a relationship with her that "was going nowhere". So everyone wound up alone.

It wasn't until a few minutes of watching that I realized it was our own Angela on the show! She was poised (considering how much crap that woman was throwing at her), and she looked great!

Old 09-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #2022 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Schmovian alumnus alert!

Last night (9/29) on Sci-Fi was an MTM called "Path of Destruction" which starred Danica McKellar (who still looks almost exactly like Winnie Cooper, only she's filled out nicely, now that she's 30+).

One of the major players in the movie was a military commander (probably a general...I didn't have the sound on) who happened to be played by JS1's own Earl! That's right...he looks exactly the same and still fits the military stereotype.

I hope Matt got to see Earl be a "real" military guy (though I suspect like most movies on Sci-Fi, the show was utter crap).
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post