TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #1201 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

My findings on tying to upgrade the R-15 HD : so I took out the 160GB R-15 HD and instilled a 200GB HD I pluged the unit and it said Hello, your directv receiver is starting up then it when to almost there a few more secondes please then the screen when black ( as it always does) so I left it there for 20min came back and it was still the same and i looked in back of the R-15 and the fan was not spinning.

So as far as i can see you can not upgrade the HD by your self.............yet

Last edited by lee espinoza : 11-18-2005 at 12:25 PM.
lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #1202 (Print)
cabanaboy1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee espinoza
My findings on tying to upgrade the R-15 HD : so I took out the 160GB R-15 HD and instilled a 200GB HD I pluged the unit and it said Hello, your directv receiver is starting up then it when to almost there a few more secondes please then the screen when black ( as it always does) so I left it there for 20min came back and it was still the same and i looked in back of the R-15 and the fan was not spinning.

So as far as i can see you can not upgrade the HD by your self.............yet

Lee were you able to put the old one back in ok?
cabanaboy1977 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #1203 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanaboy1977
Lee were you able to put the old one back in ok?

Yes and everything was fine.
lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #1204 (Print)
bidger
Registered Muser

Final thanks before lockdown, Earl.

TCD540040 w/Lifetime, networked, upgraded to 182hrs. @ Basic

"What a fun, sexy time for you!"- George-Michael Bluth, "Arrested Development"
bidger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #1205 (Print)
ebonovic
A TiVo Junkie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidger
Final thanks before lockdown, Earl.

Thank you for the thank you...

And I want to thank all the other people who have added invaluable additions to this.... I will try my best to make sure each of you get the credit you deserve, when I decifer this 40 page, 1,200+ post thread...

Non-TiVo DirecTV DVR (R15,HR20) ->
DBSTalk
ebonovic is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #1206 (Print)
swaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin L
Are you saying you can't record, or just can't set up a new record when ToDo is full? Both are bad, but can't record is a showstopper.

Can't add any kind of records. My box actually crawled to a screeching halt. I've done a "Reset All" on it and will just have to go easy on it - not adding things like Daily Show and Colbert Report that record 3 times a day (there's 60 of my 100 gone right there!).

But overall, I'm sticking with my T60. It's old, but still way better. I'll come back and look at this DVR piece of crap in a few months and see if they've fixed it.

--Steve
swaits is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #1207 (Print)
chrishiatt1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonovic
Chris...

Have you ever emailed DirecTV before?
What kind of responses have you gotten....

The reason I ask this is... I have gotten the same type of emails back from them for the last 5 years.... (we have forwarded it onto X,Y,X)... In fact, just last night I got an unsoliceted email from DirecTV, with nearly the same working "forwarded onto the engineering department", due to a post I had ad forums.directv.com

This is not to say, in any shape or form, that your points are not valid... they are.
And I have all of your items sitting here, waiting to be added to the FAQ when I get a chance to work on it... (I have been overly swamped with work this, as one of our main sites crashed)

Your contributions have been valid and good...
To a degree, I just want you to know that at least....

yes emailed before, about billing, channels etc... but never a response
chrishiatt1973 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #1208 (Print)
nabsltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonovic
Again... 40 is Tiny for YOUR usage... You are by far not an average user with 120 SPs (and the fact you have West and East coast access, shows that)...

50 is a small number, I am not arguing that.... BUT.. what I am arguing is that Jane PQ user, 50 is enough for the "Average" user.
I really don't think 40 is anywhere near unreasonable for an average user, since ARWL are counted in the Season Pass Manager.

My "I would buy this series" list at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ is pretty much the same as my list of ARWL on my TiVo. I use these as "wish lists" in the true meaning of the word...I wish the show would be available for me to watch.

Some have been deleted as the DVDs have been released (Nowhere Man, yeah!), but I've still got a lot of these.
nabsltd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #1209 (Print)
newsposter
Poster of News

Just caught up with most of this thread...I know the deal is done but I still wish the thread would continue here. But from a purist perspective it's not tivo and understand.

The limitations on this R15 are definitely not for a power user such as myself that has 50+ SP on a 2 month old HDtivo and about the same on the T60. Sounds like the R15 would not be friendly for my continually full drives with tons of ToDo, especially when things like Punk'd etc have problems with the guide and can have 50 copies on the todo list at at time.

I feel for all you that are power users and are guinea pigs. But do appreciate the efforts as you have confirmed I made the right choice in not waiting for an R15 for my needs.

Good luck being a mod! (where's that report post button lol)

retired (must watch though) Sony T60 2-160 drives
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder

“Be yourself, it’s easier isn’t it?”
newsposter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #1210 (Print)
MichaelK

gottta pipe my 2 cents in Earl-

I am shocked with your kids that you dont approach 40 or more. You must be a neat freak - LOL

UN less I actively 'prune' the list like Doug, I'm always growing more and more. One month my boys are into Scooby doo, then flipping through live TV they find American dragon and I add that, then the next week they discover buzz and I add that too, and on and on and on. They'll watch one till it's death - literally till they see every episode 12 times- so if i remember i can nuke the older ones sometimes but if i don't remember the list grows on and on and on. They still are stuck on popular mechanics for kids for like the past 3 years and i swear there are only 20 episodes of that getting recycled- I think I could recite half of them word for word...
MichaelK is offline Report Bad Post Report Post