TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #1 (Print)
rasheed

Question Failed while loading series options?

I have read through many of the help forum threads.

Especially: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=142821 and http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...915#post1504915

My background:
Philips S1 box, does have additional hard drive space (for 3 years now), but no hacks or other software edits of any kind.

My provider:
Dish Network - Los Angeles, CA (a bazillion channels)

My impression is that this is originally caused by a problem with the data files for my particular provider, but I am confused if this is a problem that can be fixed by TiVo or not. I see a lot of blame on the hardware, but I don't know what else I can do in this situation.

Failed while loading series has happened since Friday I believe on normal calls.

I did get stuck in GS (mostly because I didn't see the threads here first). I kept getting the failed while loading series problem. I ended up doing a 00000, 000 Tiny TiVo to get through GS which worked in getting through GS and getting a 'running' system. Of course, it was the wrong provider. As suggested in some of the threads, I went back to do GS again with the correct provider zip.

After deleting a SP, I went back to GS again, I got through channel setup and picked favorite channels and box settings, but then again Failed while loading series. This makes me think there is some sort of data problem. Again, I am stuck with GS.

It seems to me, that I need to do GS with 00000 again (I haven't tried it yet). Then what? Clear Program Data and To Do List? Kickstart?

There is no easy way to report this issue to TiVo support. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the data files that needs to be corrected? If the data files could be corrected on the TiVo side, does it

This is my first problem is a long time. I don't suspect a hardware or hard drive problem at this time because of the ability to get Tiny TiVo to work, but I don't know because it is hard to tell where this is failing. Is the TiVo software complaining when it gets to some data it can't understand or other reason?

I don't see a lot of threads on Dish Network - Los Angeles, CA problems, but I still feel there is something off in the data files for this provider that were not wrong with Tiny TiVo that TiVo could correct if it wanted to, but again, there doesn't seem to be a process to get it fixed.

I am willing to continue trying a few things, but there are a lot of variables. As time goes by, the possible 'bad data' may flow-out in the time schedule, but I don't know.

Other advice in this general issue is appreciated which is rather confusing to fix as it is not clear what fixes it when it is not a hardware issue except trying a variety of things.

Thanks,
Rasheed
rasheed is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #2 (Print)
ccwf
国際化 Member

Send a message via AIM to ccwf
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasheed
My impression is that this is originally caused by a problem with the data files for my particular provider, but I am confused if this is a problem that can be fixed by TiVo or not.
There are multiple problems that can result in this error message. That's why there's no single fix for it.
ccwf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #3 (Print)
falc122727

The two times I've had "Failed while loading series" in my S1s, one of my upgraded hardrives soon failed and required replacement (1 in 1 week, 1 in one month).
falc122727 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #4 (Print)
rasheed

Well, after doing GS again, the failed while loading series has appeared to have gone away.

I'll update if I do find it to be a hardware problem at some later point..

Thanks for the replies,
Rasheed
rasheed is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #5 (Print)
beejay

I don't see if you tried to just pull the plug on the TiVo, start it up again and force a call.

I get "failed to load" on my Series 1 about once a month it seems. This always "fixes" it...for me.

S1 - 63 hours (unsubscribed)

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops
Overkill?
beejay is offline Report Bad Post Report Post