Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #1 (Print)
Vale

Network adapter question

When I launch my HME app, it seems to automatically use the first network adapter. Unfortunately, on my machine, that happens to not be the one going to my LAN. Is there a way to specify which adapter to use? Alternatively, is there a way to set an adapter to be the default in WinXP?
Vale is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:10 AM   #2 (Print)
Vale

Ok... I have manually removed the other network adapters as a test. winipcfg reports the lan adapter as the first one now. When I launch my hello world app via Eclipse, it logs a MDNS: http://192.168.0.6:7288/<project>, which is the IP address of the computer on the LAN. Neither of my TiVos can see it. Nothing appears in the MP&M menu. ZoneAlarm is off, and TiVo Desktop is functioning just fine (I can download movies as well as upload).

Any thoughts or words of wisdom?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:21 PM   #3 (Print)
Vale

Ok, I've been at it off and on for a couple of days. I can get the TiVo Desktop features for My Music and My Pictures working just fine. I can transfer video to/from the TiVo as well. For some reason, I just cannot get the TiVo to see any HME apps.

I can successfully run the sdk samples. Once they are running, the simulator attaches without a hitch, verifying that the apps are running properly. Nothing shows up on the physical TiVo menu.

I'm using a netgear RP614 wired router as the main hub of my office lan. There is a netgear WG602 wireless access point configured as a bridge that connects to two other WG602 ap's elsewhere at home. Each of those remote ap's has a basic 5 port switch to distribute the connection to the equipment at those locations. I have a TiVo at each remote location. One is a Humax DRT800, and the other is a run of the mill 80 hour series 2 box.

I've tried restarting TiVo and that didn't seem to help either.

Any ideas why the TiVo desktop software works for me, and yet HME apps do not?

I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.