July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2005, 02:51 AM   #1 (Print)
kiljoy
Alone in the dark

Picasa questions

I've heard it talked about here, but I never wanted to invest the time to get it set up. Well, since unregistering the .dll that causes the latest Windows exploit, MS Fax and Picture Viewer no longer works. No big deal, I figured, and downloaded Picasa2.

So I went ahead and installed it and it cataloged the pictures on my laptop. I don't really care about those, what I need to do is view the pictures on my desktop which are shared over the network. I figured out I needed to import them, but I can't find a way to add multiple pictures to the Import Tray. I tried highlighting the root folder, with multiple subfolders of pictures, but that didn't work. I tried highlighting the subfolder, but that doesn't work either. I tried shift+first and last photo to get the whole contents of a subfolder, but that won't work either. Do I have to import every one of the thousands of photos one at a time?

A followup, do those photos get copied to the laptop (they won't all fit)? I just want to view the photos over the network, not copy them over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

-Lionel Hutz
kiljoy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:58 AM   #2 (Print)
kiljoy
Alone in the dark

Ok, I found the "Import All" button. So I figured that out. I also found out that it does, in fact, copy them over. Since that is useless to me, can anyone recommend a program that will do what I want?

Tony

-Lionel Hutz
kiljoy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post