July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #1 (Print)
Richard R1

"Wire in the Blood" fans rejoice

It's BACK!

I have had a non-recording wishlist for this series for quite a long time now, and just noticed today that BBC America is bringing it back starting October 2, 2004. I immediately added the SP for it, and deleted the wishlist.

I have searched high and low for details about the new season 3 (the Brits call them Series), but can only surmise that it may be a few months at least before we see the new shows. For now, BBCA is starting with Series 1, which only consists of three episodes, each two hours in length. Series 2 contained four shows, so there is a current total of 7 episodes to look forward to.

For those who may not be familiar with the show, I highly recommend it. The show is a murder mystery who-dunit type show, with a criminal profiler at the center of the action. The stories have a compelling plot, usually complex in their development, and by the time the crime has been solved, things take very unexpected twists. All in all, a very intelligently acted and produced show.
Richard R1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #2 (Print)
wmcbrine
Craziness!

What does the title mean?
wmcbrine is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #3 (Print)
JMikeD
Professional Skeptic

Quote:
Originally posted by wmcbrine
What does the title mean?

From the author's website:

The phrase "the wire in the blood" comes from T.S. Eliots "Four Quartets". - "The trilling wire in the blood/sings below inveterate scars/appeasing long-forgotten wars."
As for the meaning..

In an interview Robson Green said the phrase "wire in the blood" was taken to mean a genetic kink, something impure and unusual in the blood, that leads to the kind of psychosis Hill might deal with.

Val McDermid says: 'Who knows what Eliot really meant by that line? Robson's explanation is as good as any... For myself, I've always taken it to be a metaphor for the thrill of adrenaline surging through the bloodstream. But we'll never know for sure".
JMikeD is offline Report Bad Post Report Post