TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #31 (Print)
moviemoose

I'll add the last 1% to Muggum's 99. That's Ingrid. I am glad you had fun in the Hamptons. I told you the birthday thing would not be so bad.

I want to add my thanks to Muggum and the rest of the gang. I have had a lot of years working in this crazy business, but editing JS2 was one of the best experiences of my career. To work with talented and creative people is rare, and being able to make a program you can truly be proud of is even rarer. and the icing on the cake is the team behind the scenes are also some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to have worked with.

To Ingrid, Tim and Amanda - I hope you know we always had nothing but respect and admiration for you every step of the editing process. I hope you laughed along with us as much as we did. To quote Muggum's words to me when I started working on the show, "These are our heroes".

And to everyone on the forum. It is so rewarding to see honest feedback of the work we do. Ratings mean nothing -at least they shouldn't. I do this work hoping that I can in some small way, make people happy and help them forget their world for a while. It is easy to lose sight of that in a little editing suite with no outside contact save the notes from network executives. The show is for the fans. And to see how much you love the work we do, and appreciate the subtle and not so subtle things we add to the show, is very gratifying. Thank you.

Last edited by moviemoose : 08-09-2004 at 12:19 PM.
moviemoose is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #32 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
Quote:
Originally posted by moviemoose
...I have had a lot of years working in this crazy business, but editing JS3 was one of the best experiences of my career....

Did somebody just spill the (pork &) beans about a JS3 already in the can?
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:15 PM   #33 (Print)
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally posted by Original Jane
Oh geeze! How could I forget you? So sorry... you are another favorite. I actually have a soft spot for everyone on this thread and the TIVO community in general. You have all been really kind!

I just couldn't fit you all within the message length limit... Does anyone here really stick to that limit?

INGRID

I knew it! She loves us all!

/sticking tongue out at Those Who Shall Not Be Named. :-)

Ingrid, how many times did you hear "Oh Sh*t" echo through the house every time you expressed your suspicions? hehe
NJChris is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #34 (Print)
moviemoose

Quote:
Originally posted by pmyers
Did somebody just spill the (pork &) beans about a JS3 already in the can?

No... Somebody can't type.... I am correcting it now
moviemoose is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:27 PM   #35 (Print)
Hydian

Welcome to the thread Ingrid.

Mitch...I dunno man. Maybe you just didn't cause as much of a stir this time around. Imagine that! :P

These threads are nearly as interesting and entertaining as the shows themselves and I'll second Ingrid's list as well as the ambiguous non-list of everyone else.

I'm just glad that the hotel I'm stuck in has Spike so I can watch this tomorrow. Muggum, you and everyone involved have really done an excellent job on this show. It really deserves recognition.
Hydian is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #36 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
Hey! Welcome, Ingrid! Thanks a million for your kind words. We here at Tivo Community Forum tend to get a little...well, yes, obsessive, about this show. It's made that much better when a participant drops by to say hello.

This season's been a great roller coaster ride. I wish more reality television producers would watch your performance and see that smart, beautiful women are just as appealing as, say...a "Cammy" (bless her fake heart. .)

It's a pleasure to have you here.

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #37 (Print)
aindik

Send a message via AIM to aindik
Quote:
We are all going to watch together at Tim's bar in DC along with friends and family. I like the idea of catering the party with a theme (maple donuts, pork, beans, frog legs, roast falcon, and body shots)

INGRID WIESE

Is this little get-together open to the public? If so, where is Tim's bar?
aindik is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #38 (Print)
TivoGeezer
Boomer pushing 60

Send a message via AIM to TivoGeezer
Quote:
Originally posted by TiVaholic
So you mean I can't say that "I'm shocked that Bryce comes in with a machine gun and shoots everyone except Tim and Amanda" until Tuesday night?

Funny but I thought there might be some kind of "postal" event in the JS1 finale, since the previews always had these "gunshot" type sounds over them. Turns out it was party poppers going off when the "winner" was announced. I am looking forward to as imaginative a finale in JS2 as in the original. I still get a hoot out of watching it.

Sometimes I look so much like my Dad, I scare myself.
TivoGeezer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #39 (Print)
TivoGeezer
Boomer pushing 60

Send a message via AIM to TivoGeezer
Quote:
Originally posted by Hydian
I'm just glad that the hotel I'm stuck in has Spike so I can watch this tomorrow.
And if it did not, I'll bet you could still watch it later...on your Tivo?

Sometimes I look so much like my Dad, I scare myself.
TivoGeezer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 02:14 PM   #40 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Quote:
Originally posted by TivoGeezer
And if it did not, I'll bet you could still watch it later...on your Tivo?

Well, you have to realize that this thread has a higher percentage of non-TiVo owners than most of the rest of the board...due to the unique nature of this show and the little online community that sprung up around it. (And one of those people, Angie, actually ended up getting a TiVo!)

All of that aside, I was thinking about this the other night. I do definitely have a TiVo, though it's a few thousand miles away right now. (If I disconnected it and brought it with me, aside from all the rerunning Guided Setup issues, it'd probably melt in the Arizona heat...predicted high today of 114!!! ) But JS is one of the very few shows I *want* to watch live, as an event.

Some of that is due to this board, and the participation with all of the other Schmo-fans and folks like Muggum, Ralph and now Ingrid...but some of it is that I just don't wanna "wait" to watch the show, even if it's sitting on my TiVo happily able to be played at any time.

I was thinking that TV networks should be aware of this, especially if they worry about people not seeing commercials. Some of them are even involved with TiVo (NBC and Fox, among others)...but knowing that folks who HAVE TiVos may actually WATCH commercials for this one show, because we are watching it "live", might help their audience research. (Yes, we could go to the restroom and skip the commercials )

I encourage everyone watching tomorrow night, to watch the commercials, and patronize those companies which have put their money in "Joe". I'm even thinking of writing these companies, promising my patronage with them if they would let Spike TV know that they'd sponsor a certain show if it returned

Anyway...we watch, tomorrow, WITH commercials! But since this is a "live event" in my mind, I'd be watching at home on my TiVo with commercials, too. The thing would even conveniently change channels for me at 9 PM!
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 02:39 PM   #41 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Oh geeze! How could I forget you? So sorry... you are another favorite. I actually have a soft spot for everyone on this thread and the TIVO community in general. You have all been really kind!

I just couldn't fit you all within the message length limit... Does anyone here really stick to that limit?

INGRID

From Page 26 of the Syracuse University Graduate School Handbook of Diplomacy:

"Occasionally words must serve to veil the facts. But this must happen in such a way that no one becomes aware of it; or, if it should be noticed, excuses must be at hand, to be produced immediately."

--Nicolo Machiavelli Letter to Raffaello Girolami, Ambassador to Spain, October 23, 1522.

There is no message length limit. She's just trying to make all of you feel better.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 03:07 PM   #42 (Print)
zaknafein
Shorthanded

Send a message via AIM to zaknafein Send a message via MSN to zaknafein Send a message via Yahoo to zaknafein
Wow, it's very cool to have so many here involved with the production of the show. Thanks for all your hard work, I can't wait until tomorrow.

Moblog
zaknafein is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #43 (Print)
pyhill
Stunned by Taser

Quote:
P.S.

Can I just say that I am a big fan of TIVOSciolist, Inundated, YCantAngieRead and Fool Me Twice... their postings are always so detailed. I can relate to those that are detail orientated!

INGRID

Being that I am a totally new member, I understand your leaving me out but I should get an Honorable Mention for putting a (detailed) explanation about bra sizes and ending a long debate. You proved me right with the dress you wore last week.

I have since become the primary educator on beauty questions for this forum.

Also to let you in on a little known secret - Angie can actually read but don't tell anyone.

"I highly recommend a video. Or smoke some pot. Same effect. " Edhara
pyhill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #44 (Print)
Original Jane

Send a message via AIM to Original Jane
Quote:
Originally posted by pyhill
Being that I am a totally new member, I understand your leaving me out but I should get an Honorable Mention for putting a (detailed) explanation about bra sizes and ending a long debate. You proved me right with the dress you wore last week.

I have since become the primary educator on beauty questions for this forum.

Also to let you in on a little known secret - Angie can actually read but don't tell anyone.

Tricia: You most definitely get an honorable mention!! My mother was laughing out loud as the forum discussed the authenticity of my bra size. As the woman who had to buy me my first bras, she wanted deperately to post. So thank you for coming to my rescue!!

INGRID WIESE

Original Jane is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #45 (Print)
pyhill
Stunned by Taser

Quote:
Tricia: You most definitely get an honorable mention!! My mother was laughing out loud as the forum discussed the authenticity of my bra size. As the woman who had to buy me my first bras, she wanted deperately to post. So thank you for coming to my rescue!!

INGRID WIESE

Absolutely no problem as I have literally felt your pain. I think it is really nifty that you are posting and being so responsive for the last show. I know all the forum members appreciate you, and everyone from the show that has posted throughout the season, for doing so. I liked you as OJ but I really liked you as JaneGoneActress. Your evil streak showed (in a nice way!!) and you seemed have a lot of fun. I hope this brings lots of gorgeous men dropping to your feet so you can choose from them like chocolates.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #46 (Print)
Graymalkin
Halfwit Pundit

Send a message via AIM to Graymalkin
Oh, my. I have to correct Ingrid Wiese. Please forgive me for my transgression, but...

I do believe President Reagan said, "Trust but verify" rather than "confirm."

A little Googling shows:

I think I could sum up my position on this with the recitation of a brief Russian proverb "Doveryai no Proveryai." It means trust but verify.
- in the "New York Times", Dec. 4, 1987, p. A10
Graymalkin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #47 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Oh! That's my bad, actually...I misremembered the exact quote (thought it didn't look quite right).

<Blush!>
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #48 (Print)
Cjt90
WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

Quote:

INGRID WIESE

Thats awsome that Ingrid decided to post! BTW Welcome Ingrid big fan *blush* That whole bra thing was quite a discussion here and in the Spike TV chat room. Well once again welcome glad to have ya here!

Chris
Cjt90 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:58 PM   #49 (Print)
warrenn

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchO
Geez, a guy stops working near a webcam and suddenly everybody forgets him ...

Oh yeah! I loved when you went on the webcam! I think that was a unifying event for the fans during the JS1 show. You need to tell the story of what you did because a lot of people reading might not have heard about it.
warrenn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #50 (Print)
pyhill
Stunned by Taser

Quote:
Originally posted by warrenn
Oh yeah! I loved when you went on the webcam! I think that was a unifying event for the fans during the JS1 show. You need to tell the story of what you did because a lot of people reading might not have heard about it.

I will vouch for my cluelessness (about this and in general)

Old 08-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #51 (Print)
daperlman
check the rhime

Wow, welcome Ingrid.
I really don't know how you all kept it together with the whole grandfather thing. The funniest part about that was the unscripted part, when Amanda non-chalantly told Austin he spoke to your other grandfather.... and everyone's reaction was sort of a collective "oh really... oops, well we are going to miss her anyway".

local Red Cross chapter
daperlman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:05 PM   #52 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
Quote:

No! I can't! It's a lie! How dare you!

Okay. So I can. You blew my oh-so-clever subterfuge.
Quote:
Tricia: You most definitely get an honorable mention!! My mother was laughing out loud as the forum discussed the authenticity of my bra size

Add me to the list of women who've been doubted when telling their DD bra size. Which is why I (largely unsuccessfully) tried to defend your "Hannity and Colmes," as I like to call mine.

On another subject...We find ourselves suddenly without a "community television" on which to watch the finale thanks to the house being hit by lightning this evening (this has been one weird week. Already.) So we're in a mild panic trying to figure out how to move one of the TVs into the living room. Ah! The humanity!

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #53 (Print)
midas

Wow, good thing I checked my to-do list. I actually have this setup with a pretty low priority because it's broadcast (usually) more than once per week. Most times I miss the Monday night one but it picks up the Tuesday showing. This week I had a conflict and it would have gotten bumped.

So just a reminder to everyone, check your to-do list just to make sure.
midas is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #54 (Print)
wendiness

Quote:
Originally posted by pmyers
What?!? Where was my call?

Hey, somebody else in Chandler?????? I thought I was the only one on this board! BIG HI!
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:28 PM   #55 (Print)
DiMiT
Schmo Fan #1

already got 3 pages on a show that hasn't even aired yet W0W!

pretty cool to see you posting in here Ingrid... so you must know how many guys are crushing on you now too
anyways welcome

geez I wish the finale was tonite I am jonesing hard...

and to something that was said earlier about this being more of a community than more of the other threads on this board... I myself do not have TIVO, but found this site offa the blog and found not only a great Schmo convo, but it seems to me, a really great group of peeps
cheers all

*freaking out for tomorrow* :S

Old 08-09-2004, 10:31 PM   #56 (Print)
jdp932
Newcastle Out!!!

Send a message via AIM to jdp932
What? Ingrid was here? Geez, and 3 pages for a show that hasn't aired. I guess I'll chime in (even though I'm late) and give a welcome to Ingrid. Sorry, no fancy, intelligent quotes from me, but it's a pleasure having you here.

Less that 24 hours til the finale :'(

Old 08-09-2004, 10:34 PM   #57 (Print)
Section426

Ingrid, it's great to have you here. I'm glad they picked you to be Jane Schmo, even though you figured it out. At least they had a good backup Schmo in Amanda. I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt you in 20 years, when you're in front of the Senate for your confirmation hearings for Secretary of State.
Section426 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #58 (Print)
TjMarshalABS

Dude, I had to post a couple of things. First off, I wish I could have found these posts sooner so I could have been in one of Ingrid's favorites list.

Second, am I nuts or was the Finale supposed to be from 10pm - 12pm? When did that change? Why was there only one commercial for this show during wrestling? That SUCKS in my own opinion but if I had it my way, everyone would be required to watch this excellent show. (JS2, not wrestling)

Second, welcome Ingrid to the boards. I had the most fun impersonating you after your first live chat. Amazingly, someone there actually knew enough about you and your life, including where you went to college and your work overseas to get me by. Thanks! I finally came on here to reveal that I was, in fact, not Ingrid. Instead, I'm actually a guy! How's that for a falcon twist?

I'm in the process of making more makeovers for the cast of Joe Schmo. I hope they actually turn out to be ok and that you all get a good laugh out of them. I'd post the makeover of myself that I did if you all would care enough to see it, but, truth be told, im not a very gorgeous female when it comes down to it. LOL

Thanks for a GREAT season and great laughs. You have made my year one of the best ..... in years.

TjMarshal

Old 08-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #59 (Print)
wendiness

Ingrid! Welcome! Hope you'll be back. You should know that we often discuss the show for weeks after the finale so I hope you'll check in often. We'll have plenty of questions that we know you can't answer now.

Let's see . . . 24 hours and 15 minutes to go!
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #60 (Print)
Astro7x

Quote:
Originally posted by moviemoose
And to everyone on the forum. It is so rewarding to see honest feedback of the work we do. Ratings mean nothing -at least they shouldn't. I do this work hoping that I can in some small way, make people happy and help them forget their world for a while. It is easy to lose sight of that in a little editing suite with no outside contact save the notes from network executives. The show is for the fans. And to see how much you love the work we do, and appreciate the subtle and not so subtle things we add to the show, is very gratifying. Thank you.

Love the show, and since I do not see many questions aimed towards you I think it's about time!

Out of curiosity (as a college student looking to get into that field someday...) what do you use you edit Joe Schmo 2? Avid, Final Cut Pro? Also, do you get to put in a lot of your own creative input on the way things are put together, or is it pretty much what the the higher ups have in mind already? I have to say, the editing of JS2 is great, as it's rare that the way things are edited (like the eviction ceremonies) get a big laugh out of me. And for my final question... when editing a TV show like JS2, is it pretty much just you working on a single episode, or are parts of it divided among seveal editors and then it all gets put to gether in the end?

Hope it's not too much to ask! Editors don't get enough appreciation for what they do!
Astro7x is offline Report Bad Post Report Post