Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #1 (Print)
DaveyG

Fire Me Please! 6/7 *spoilers*

I thought the show was okay. I think Fox would have done a better job with this show. The production was the usual boring CBS style, but the contestants were hilarious.

The guy at the coffee shop had me cracking up. And to go so far that he almost got arrested, that was good stuff. I'm glad he won. The chick he was competing against basically got fired earlier in the day, but they didn't have the heart to say those exact words until she pestered them so much just before 3.

In the secodn matchup, I was so annoyed with the whistling lady that I nearly fast forwarded through her parts. So, I give her props for doing the annoying chick thing just right. The other girl (who was absolutely beatuiful IMHO), did a great job, but she was just unlucky that she got a boss that was too wussy to fire her without the owner's approval. I'm okay with who won here, just because she was actually able to annoy the heck out of me, although I think the other girl's way of getting fired was much more entertaining.

One thing I really did like was how they showed the "reveals" at the end of the show. Too many reality shows don't show that and I wish they did. The coffee shop guy was about to get his butt kicked until the other guy realized what was going on.
DaveyG is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #2 (Print)
Amnesia

My big problem was the laugh track. I can decide what's funny on my own, thank you.

That's the one thing making me question whether or not I'll watch it again next week...
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #3 (Print)
itsmeitsmeitsme

With not much on, I found this funny at times and will watch again.
itsmeitsmeitsme is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #4 (Print)
AggieKJ

I didn't tune in until they got to the second part of the show, so I missed coffee shop guy. In a nutshell, what did he do??

By the way, before anyone asks me why I didn't Tivo the show, let me explain that I never heard anything about it until I was flipping channels last night. Now it's set up on Season Pass though.
AggieKJ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #5 (Print)
skearney00

I thought this was pretty funny but may get old quickly. I don't like Dave Holmes (somebody tell him that wearing all black really doesn't make him look any skinnier). Also stop beating me over the head with the premise. I get it--it's not that difficult of a concept.

I would have liked to seen a little more of the reaction from the victims at the reveal. Also the susepense at the end is a little stupid. Didn't the girl know that she didn't get fired until after 3pm?
skearney00 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #6 (Print)
getreal

I also wasn't aware of this show until I bumped into it.
How is it that the owners of the stores weren't aware that something was going on when cameras were set up all throughout their stores capturing the contestants and the staff at different angles?
I smell fish ...
getreal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #7 (Print)
Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal
How is it that the owners of the stores weren't aware that something was going on when cameras were set up all throughout their stores capturing the contestants and the staff at different angles?
I smell fish ...

As mentioned on the show, the owners know but the supervisors do not.
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #8 (Print)
AggieKJ

Somebody tell me what coffee shop guy did.... PLEEEZE????
Old 06-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #9 (Print)
Carlucci
quietly desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieKJ
Somebody tell me what coffee shop guy did.... PLEEEZE????

He started off by asking his co-workers: "Does <owner name> start everyone at $14 an hour? I thought that was high."

Then, when a co-worker got a phone call, he insisted that the caller refer to her by her new name, "Pistol" before he would give her the phone.

He pretended that he thought the coffee machine was possessed by Satan.

He pretended not to know how to work the cash register, and blamed the supervisor for not teaching him properly.

He set up a bunch of cups and challenged his coworkers to knock them down with a wad of paper. When it was his turn, he threw it directly at his co-workers face.

He introduced himself to the customers by saying: "Hi my name is Jim, but you can call me T-bone."

Those were the higlights I remember. Overall, you could tell the dude was just a cut-up and was really having a good time with it.
Carlucci is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #10 (Print)
DaveyG

Yeah, Carlucci got most of it. The cops came because he started going off on his boss about the cash register thing. One of the other guys that worked there told him to leave or the cops would come. The contestant started yelling stuff like, "I'm not going to listen to you. She needs to tell me that." Well, when the cops finally came he started yelling at his boss again until she finally said, "You're fired." He quickly ran up and hugged her and ran out of the store past the cops. The boss said something like, "I thought he was going ot attack me" about the hug.
DaveyG is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 PM   #11 (Print)
jhausmann
Diogenes-type seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyG
Yeah, Carlucci got most of it. The cops came because he started going off on his boss about the cash register thing. One of the other guys that worked there told him to leave or the cops would come. The contestant started yelling stuff like, "I'm not going to listen to you. She needs to tell me that." Well, when the cops finally came he started yelling at his boss again until she finally said, "You're fired." He quickly ran up and hugged her and ran out of the store past the cops. The boss said something like, "I thought he was going ot attack me" about the hug.

He said "I love you" when he hugged her...
jhausmann is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #12 (Print)
AggieKJ

Hilarious - thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #13 (Print)
omnibus

I realize the contestants put in a 6-8 hour day but a $25,000 prize seemed overly generous for this type of show.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #14 (Print)
Rkkeller

I enjoyed this show. My favorite was the pretty "Miss America" type girl. I cracked up when she did the "robot" jerky movements with her arms and other things. All of them were funny though.

I will watch this series.

Rich
Rkkeller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #15 (Print)
dr_mal
It's CWS time

Send a message via ICQ to dr_mal Send a message via AIM to dr_mal
Why oh why do they feel compelled to laugh track us in the year 2005? Do they think we don't know any better by now?

I thought the show was GREAT except for the canned laughter.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #16 (Print)
marksman

I enjoyed this show more than I thought I might. It is a bit suprising to see what people will put up with even on a first day.
marksman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:42 AM   #17 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
I enjoyed watching it. I really liked the Coffee shop guy until it got to like 2pm and he just started being a d*ck.
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post