SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

View Poll Results: Have 6.2?
Yep, Woooo 168 21.85%
No 601 78.15%
Voters: 769. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #331 (Print)
winders

I just forced a call and I now have the "Pending Restart" text on my HDVR2 as well.....

Finally!!!

Scott
winders is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 04:05 AM   #332 (Print)
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Send a message via AIM to Arcady
I just forced my call and restarted...

TiVo SA 240080 (347hr)
(plus many not in use)
Arcady is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 04:47 AM   #333 (Print)
SeeD

HR10-250 6.X upgrade?

I tried looking for this answer and hope this question is not too redundant...but.....

Does the HR10-250 get the 6.X upgrade?
SeeD is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 12:10 PM   #334 (Print)
Fish Man
Chubby Hubby

Still no 6.2 for me yet as of...

<---- This date and time...

Fish Man is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 04:51 PM   #335 (Print)
DVRaholic
HR10-250 Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD
I tried looking for this answer and hope this question is not too redundant...but.....

Does the HR10-250 get the 6.X upgrade?

No offical word as of yet, But hopefully soon.....
My guess is we will see it within the next 2 months

2-Cable SA-8300 HD-Dvr's
(Upgraded via Plug-n-Play
External SATA to 70 hrs HD)

Sony KDF-50-WE655 RP LCD
Sony 34-XBR-910
DVRaholic is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM   #336 (Print)
dssdbs
dss of dbs

Some switch must have been flipped (or this assumption that they go by serial # is bogus), all 4 of my receivers finally, finally, FINALLY got the update today.

Being near the end of the line to get this update absolutely sucked.

I sure hope with the next update they reverse the order in which the updates are distributed.
dssdbs is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:00 PM   #337 (Print)
jamielee

Mine finally got it yesterday, Ive forced calls 3 times a day. It would say DOWNLOADING for about 10 secs then cut off. This went on for about a month, yesterday forced a call and it kept failing while negotiating, then forced one more and downloaded for a few seconds then , said PENDING RESTART. Rebooted and took about 30 minutes then I had 6.2.

Every once in a while the modem would hang as if it was dialing in. But it was not, I wonder if it has gradually been loading but never got a full download, the last one only took a few seconds, STRANGE!
AWESOME SPEED

HDVR2
DRD435RH
72.5, 101, 110, 119 sats
(((XM))) Delphi MyFi
COX HIGH SPEED INTERNET
jamielee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #338 (Print)
chasmm

I have two RCA DVR40 DirecTivos. One is stock and the other was upgraded by Weaknees to add an additional drive. The stock receiver got the 6.2 upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but the upgraded receiver has yet to get it. I've forced daily calls for almost three weeks now, and I'll always see the "Pending Restart" message. Once I do the restart, I see the Tivo screen "Installing new software from the Tivo service", but still no 6.2. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something about the Weaknees upgrade that negates the ability to get 6.2.

And boy, with those two drives (up to 243 hours), I sure am looking forward to the quickness that 6.2 brings. It currently takes 60-90 seconds to load the "Now Playing" screen.

Charles

2 RCA UTVs (120gig)
3 Sony UTVs (1 120gig, 2 stock)
2 RCA DTivos (1 320gig, 1 stock)
chasmm is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #339 (Print)
siberia

We finally received the update here (NW Houston) on all three receivers last night. I've been forcing daily calls for about three weeks now on one of the TiVo's. I guess one might deduce that perhaps forcing calls has little/no affect in speeding up the update.
siberia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #340 (Print)
deejai

Why yes I do.
Still not sure what difference it makes.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #341 (Print)
Walt

Got it a few days ago.

Recording a show from the guide used to take up to 2 minutes.

Not it takes about 5 seconds. Great.

Walt
Walt is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #342 (Print)
Pam
TiVo Crazy!

Hm. I have two HDVR2's. One of them got the update weeks ago and I've been patiently waiting for the other one to get it. I've noticed it's been rebooting a lot - I keep losing my S0RT hack. So after reading all the latest posts, I decided to force a daily call. The call only took a few seconds, and then it said Pending Restart. I forced a reboot, and it said it was installing new software. But that only took a couple of minutes and then it came up. Sure enough - no new version. Am I hosed?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #343 (Print)
chasmm

Anyone else out there still waiting on 6.2?

2 RCA UTVs (120gig)
3 Sony UTVs (1 120gig, 2 stock)
2 RCA DTivos (1 320gig, 1 stock)
chasmm is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #344 (Print)
Pam
TiVo Crazy!

Yes. I have it on one of my boxes and not the other. I've forced several daily calls, all with the same result I reported in my previous post. I think this box is just hosed. I haven't had a chance yet to call D*tv.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #345 (Print)
m17_jeff

Does any one know if the R10s will get the 6.2 update any time soon?
m17_jeff is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #346 (Print)
Rax

Send a message via ICQ to Rax
Not likely since they're already running 6.1.
Rax is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #347 (Print)
RKinnear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
Hm. I have two HDVR2's. One of them got the update weeks ago and I've been patiently waiting for the other one to get it. I've noticed it's been rebooting a lot - I keep losing my S0RT hack. So after reading all the latest posts, I decided to force a daily call. The call only took a few seconds, and then it said Pending Restart. I forced a reboot, and it said it was installing new software. But that only took a couple of minutes and then it came up. Sure enough - no new version. Am I hosed?

The issue your having getting the "installing new software" following a reboot only to go directly into the normal startup sequence is what has happened with both my Hughes HDVR2 boxes. Force call, Pending Restart, reboot, "installing new software", normal startup sequence with no upgrade. Over and over. I even chose the clear and delete everything option but the same thing happens. I finally called support but they had no idea and said that it hasn't happened to enough people to make it an official "problem". I suspect we either got a corrupt download or the partition where the upgrade is stored is going bad and can't be read correctly. They said I could pay for a new receiver. At this stage of the game, I'll wait and go with one of the new receivers that are coming down the pike.
RKinnear is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #348 (Print)
skinnyjm
I'm Grumpy???

You are correct!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberia
We finally received the update here (NW Houston) on all three receivers last night. I've been forcing daily calls for about three weeks now on one of the TiVo's. I guess one might deduce that perhaps forcing calls has little/no affect in speeding up the update.

It all has to do with the "Service Number" .

Old 07-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #349 (Print)
Pam
TiVo Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKinnear
The issue your having getting the "installing new software" following a reboot only to go directly into the normal startup sequence is what has happened with both my Hughes HDVR2 boxes. Force call, Pending Restart, reboot, "installing new software", normal startup sequence with no upgrade. Over and over. I even chose the clear and delete everything option but the same thing happens. I finally called support but they had no idea and said that it hasn't happened to enough people to make it an official "problem". I suspect we either got a corrupt download or the partition where the upgrade is stored is going bad and can't be read correctly. They said I could pay for a new receiver. At this stage of the game, I'll wait and go with one of the new receivers that are coming down the pike.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Can I ask, is your hard drive the original or did you add a larger one? I added a larger one, so I suspect I'd get even less sympathy. What a lousy answer - buy a new unit. I guess I'm lucky I got the upgrade on one of my two boxes, also hacked. When I have the time and patience I'll call to see if I'm the one more person that makes it an official problem. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #350 (Print)
RKinnear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Can I ask, is your hard drive the original or did you add a larger one? I added a larger one, so I suspect I'd get even less sympathy. What a lousy answer - buy a new unit. I guess I'm lucky I got the upgrade on one of my two boxes, also hacked. When I have the time and patience I'll call to see if I'm the one more person that makes it an official problem. Thanks for the info.

No upgrade on hard drives. Everything is stock. Just seems odd that the exact same thing would happen to two units that I own. Of course, I bought them both at exactly the same time so could be a bad batch of hard drives. If it was more of an upgrade I might put more effort into a resolution. Good luck on your call!
RKinnear is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #351 (Print)
greggie195

I still do not have 6.2. I am also using a HDVR2, no mods at all. I been forcing calls, changing acess numbers, forcing reboots, no upgrade, no awaiting restart. I called DTV today and she said I should be getting the upgrade tonight thru the satelite and to make sure that there is nothing set to record tonight on one tuner so it could download it. I doubt if I will have the upgrade tomorrow, so I guess it will be back to calling DTV.
greggie195 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post