Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #1 (Print)
burkarmd

InstantCake Help

I purchased InstantCake to help me add another hard drive to my DirecTiVo. My DirecTiVo is a Samsung SIR-S4080R running version 6.2. It had a Western Digital 80 GB drive. I purchased a Western Digital 250 GB drive to add to it. I tried using mfstools on my own first but after setting up the drives and reinstalling them in my DirecTiVo it just reboots each time it gets to the screen saying that you are only a few minutes away from getting to use the tivo. msinfo on those two drives says the mfs_load_zone_map is corrupt.

So I purchased InstantCake and burned that on a CD so that I could boot up my PC and it gets to the screen that says "Your cake is in the oven!" but it only restores 1430 out of 1453 megabytes (98.48%) and the compression percentage becomes unreadable as it just flips through all kinds of numbers. I have tried the 6.2 and the 6.1 version of InstantCake. I have tried booting off their PTVNet tools CD and using my InstantCake CD with that. I have tried with both drives, and with each drive alone. I always get the same problem when it is restoring the same byte (It is byte 1325 of 1453 91.22% on the 6.1 CD). I have also tried in two different PCs. Although I have only burned the ISOs on a PC that uses Roxio Easy CD Creator.

Any more helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
burkarmd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #2 (Print)
Dan Collins
UltraGeek

First off, the 6.1 image will be useless in SIR-4080, 6.1 is only for the R10. I would try using the Zipper, and copying the image (see the Zipper instructions on where to find it) to the Tools CD. It is highly unlikely that you have two bad Instant Cake downloads. The problem is either in the burining of the CD or writing to the disk. Since you say you've tried installing the image to both drives, the one unchanging element is the CD burning.

Personally, I use Nero - I've had nothing but problems with CD Creator over the years.

If you pick up a copy of Nero, the deluxe version includes a utility to mount ISO images as a virtual CD ROM drive - useful for copying the 6.2 image off the instant cake CD without burning it. If want to stick with Roxio, Microsoft has an unsupported utility that does the same thing: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...rolpanel_21.exe

The link to the Zipper thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ad.php?t=265929

240 GB DSR-708
80 GB DSR-7000 (Slingbox attached)
(All w/MRV)

Administrator - DBSForums.com
Dan Collins is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #3 (Print)
burkarmd

Thumbs up Problem solved

Thanks for your help. The burned CD seemed to be okay since it was booting fine and getting through most of the setup, but when I tried to copy the image file 000001 I got an IO error. I burned another CD with Nero and InstantCake works fine.
burkarmd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:35 PM   #4 (Print)
Dan Collins
UltraGeek

Glad it worked out for you!

240 GB DSR-708
80 GB DSR-7000 (Slingbox attached)
(All w/MRV)

Administrator - DBSForums.com
Dan Collins is offline Report Bad Post Report Post