Hey all - I'm having a problem I was hoping someone may have seen before or may be able to help with. A few months back, I replaced the 40 GB hard drive in my series 2 Tivo (RCA DVR40) with a Maxtor 120 GB hard drive (only drive in the unit). I applied the hacks, and everything was fine. Telnet, FTP, Tivoweb, etc... seemed to be working great. After a while, it became apparent that I could still only see the original 40 GB of space.
I backed up my Tivo and ran mfsadd -x /dev/hda and the command reported success, and that it could now see all 116GB. Unfortunately, now the Tivo won't boot. It gets past the Welcome screen, but then just gets to a flickering green screen.
Thanks all. Problem resolved. When I first hacked my tivo, I used a method that I won't mention here, but since learned may not be very good. I restored the original image, and used the newer menthods suggested at "the other forum". Now, I can see the full size of the drive and the Tivo is behaving much better.