Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #1 (Print)
ceedee20
Area 52 Roswell, GA

Arrow New Online Services hang - Please Wait...

Hello. New to posting to the group, but I have an issue that I wondered if any of you were experiencing. I recently received the new Online Services package upload. I was away for a short period of time and just last night tried to use the new services for the first time. I first tried the Podcaster and Live365 apps. Well, when I tried the Podcaster app, it never loaded. I simply received the "Please Wait" screen for about 30 minutes. I was able to get out of that screen with a few presses of the Tivo button on the remote. I tried Live365 and then every other app minus the game apps. Each time, the "Please Wait" screen came up and not one of the apps opened. Basically, I am at a standstill. I would love to try the apps, but am having "no joy" at the moment. Any tips or other assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Chris
ceedee20 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #2 (Print)
wayneramp

All of the online services worked for me last night and this morning, but I did have a strange experience with Live365. After about an hour it returned to normal live tv broadcasting, but both audio tracks were playing.. ie a Live365 broadcast and the cable tv audio were mixed together. In order to stop the Live365 I had to re-enter the radio player select a random station start to play it then stop.
wayneramp is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #3 (Print)
sageone
The Rook

Send a message via AIM to sageone
I have a similar issue...there is a serious lag in when I hit any buttons on the tivo remote and when it computes the move on the tivo. For example, playing the skull and bones game (which is basically connect four), there is a serious delay when hitting the arrow keys - shifting the piece from side to side and dropping it into a specific column.

It's pretty fustrating that Tivo released these interested and useful tools, but if we can't use them they way they are supposed to be used, then WTF???

The HME capabilities of Tivo and online scheduling are the only things that are keeping me from using my comcast DVR box (I have both, but use Tivo more often and use the Comcast box as a backup since I can't stand the functionality - or lack thereof - of the comcast box).

Do the people at Tivo release that they have a great product that consumers love? It just seems that they created this thing not really expecting people to use it or something.
sageone is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #4 (Print)
wgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneramp
All of the online services worked for me last night and this morning, but I did have a strange experience with Live365. After about an hour it returned to normal live tv broadcasting, but both audio tracks were playing.. ie a Live365 broadcast and the cable tv audio were mixed together. In order to stop the Live365 I had to re-enter the radio player select a random station start to play it then stop.

I also had this experience. It was a little bizarro to say the least!
wgary is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #5 (Print)
wgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageone
I have a similar issue...there is a serious lag in when I hit any buttons on the tivo remote and when it computes the move on the tivo. ...

I wonder if this is at all a function of network speed and/or load. I had more problems at the beginning but less so now. Note that I use apps.tv as well as the Yahoo apps and had problems with both, so it's not just the Tivo/Yahoo apps.
wgary is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #6 (Print)
WndyCty_Guy

I'm getting an error message after the hang time, it says "An error occured while running the application. HTTP failure (Error reading header 0xffff)."

I was using it yesterday fine. I figure it must be due to the amount of people home on Christmas Eve trying to access their network. Anyone else with the same problem?

Oh! And the icons for the new features don't come up on the list this morning either.
WndyCty_Guy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #7 (Print)
jcaesar625

I am having the same problem with it getting hung up on the Please Wait. It's going over wireless 11g, and I haven't tried plugging it directly into the router to see if the wireless is the issue, but my 360 works fine over the wireless.
jcaesar625 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post