Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2005, 10:54 PM   #1 (Print)
javahmo

Galleon 1.0.0

Galleon 1.0.0 has been released. Winner of the "Most Creative Application" in the TiVo Developer Challenge.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ad.php?t=247161

Old 06-30-2005, 06:12 AM   #2 (Print)
raianoat

Leon,
I'm having a bit of a problem with my galleon 1.0 install. Everything appears to be working fine until I go into one of the apps and try go get back to the "Music, Photos & More" screen. Once I do this my apps start to disappear. If I restart Galleon the apps come back up. Here are a couple of screenshots of what I am experiencing. From what I can tell, there are no significant errors in the logs. In Galleon's defense, I've seen this same type of problem with other HME apps.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (13.3 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (18.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (13.5 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by raianoat : 06-30-2005 at 06:31 AM.
raianoat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #3 (Print)
raianoat

Here are my logs as well...
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (14.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: txt wrapper.txt (9.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: txt log1.txt (14.0 KB, 136 views)

Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #4 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raianoat
Leon,
I'm having a bit of a problem with my galleon 1.0 install. Everything appears to be working fine until I go into one of the apps and try go get back to the "Music, Photos & More" screen. Once I do this my apps start to disappear. If I restart Galleon the apps come back up. Here are a couple of screenshots of what I am experiencing. From what I can tell, there are no significant errors in the logs. In Galleon's defense, I've seen this same type of problem with other HME apps.

Any suggestions?

Yes, this is appears to be some kind of networking issue that affects HME applications and seems to happen more on wireless networks. One thing you could try is to reboot your TiVo while Galleon is running. You could also try to run the TiVo HME quickstart demos.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #5 (Print)
raianoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahmo
Yes, this is appears to be some kind of networking issue that affects HME applications and seems to happen more on wireless networks. One thing you could try is to reboot your TiVo while Galleon is running. You could also try to run the TiVo HME quickstart demos.

So is this a known issue with HME then? BTW: I did notice in one of my logs that I received a socket write error.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #6 (Print)
markneill

"Other" OS directions

Has anyone gotten this working using the Service Wrapper that could write up something a little more detailed? I've got the stuff downloaded, but seem to be lost getting everything converted. And 'ant' is nowhere to be found on my system

Old 07-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #7 (Print)
windracer
Go Tribe!!

Send a message via AIM to windracer Send a message via Yahoo to windracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markneill
Has anyone gotten this working using the Service Wrapper that could write up something a little more detailed? I've got the stuff downloaded, but seem to be lost getting everything converted. And 'ant' is nowhere to be found on my system

What other OS are you using?

You can download ant here:

http://ant.apache.org/

Then, after extracting the galleon source archive, you can issue an 'ant package' command in that folder and the build.xml file will direct ant how to build the packages.

I haven't had any issues with the wrapper delivered in the source package on Mandrake 10.0, other than having the build the package and then customize some of the startup scripts.

Galleon 2.3.0 on Mandrake Linux 10
windracer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #8 (Print)
JolDC

Send a message via ICQ to JolDC Send a message via AIM to JolDC Send a message via Yahoo to JolDC
Itunes reading Network Drive

All of the music apps can see my network drive (I changed the user that the service runs as) except for the iTunes app.

The iTunes library XML file is on my local drive, but points to the library which is on a network drive.

I updated the iTunes library to use the network share name versus the mapped drive, but it still only shows me empty playlists.

Attached are my logs files, after debugging was turned on. Any help would be appreciated.

JolDC
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (17.8 KB, 88 views)

Old 07-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #9 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolDC
All of the music apps can see my network drive (I changed the user that the service runs as) except for the iTunes app.

The iTunes library XML file is on my local drive, but points to the library which is on a network drive.

I updated the iTunes library to use the network share name versus the mapped drive, but it still only shows me empty playlists.

Attached are my logs files, after debugging was turned on. Any help would be appreciated.

JolDC

Item 17:
http://galleon.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/FAQ

Old 07-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #10 (Print)
JolDC

Send a message via ICQ to JolDC Send a message via AIM to JolDC Send a message via Yahoo to JolDC
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahmo

Thanks for that. I should have been more clear. I had already used that FAQ's answer to fix the other music apps, which then worked with my network share. The iTunes app does not.

The various playlists are displayed, but with no music listed in them and the total count from the main screen stays at 0.

Old 07-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #11 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolDC
Thanks for that. I should have been more clear. I had already used that FAQ's answer to fix the other music apps, which then worked with my network share. The iTunes app does not.

The various playlists are displayed, but with no music listed in them and the total count from the main screen stays at 0.

Look for any errors in the logs. If it doesnt make sense to you email all of your logs in the Galleon logs directory.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #12 (Print)
chanan

Send a message via AIM to chanan
I know it is not a Galleon issue per say, but do you know if there is any hope for fixing those network issues? BTW, I am using a wireless router, but both my computer and tivo are wired.
chanan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2005, 04:51 AM   #13 (Print)
seinman

Send a message via AIM to seinman
I'm having some troubles with this program. The first time I installed it, everything was working perfectly. I rebooted, and now it won't work. I launch the config program, and it says it can't connect to the server. Simple enough, server isn't running. So I launch services.msc, and go and start the server. Windows pops up a box about a minute later saying "The Galleon service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service." Any ideas on how to fix this?
seinman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #14 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinman
I'm having some troubles with this program. The first time I installed it, everything was working perfectly. I rebooted, and now it won't work. I launch the config program, and it says it can't connect to the server. Simple enough, server isn't running. So I launch services.msc, and go and start the server. Windows pops up a box about a minute later saying "The Galleon service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service." Any ideas on how to fix this?

Are there any errors in the Galleon logs?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #15 (Print)
AOTIVO

Network Drive Help

I am trying to get galleon to recognize my network drive. I know that as a windows service, it needs some prodding to do this. I've seen in the FAQ:

Galleon doesnt work with MP3 files on a network share
The Galleon service does not run under your user account. The Galleon service will not be able to see any mapped drives you may have. You can change the user that Galleon uses to run under or you can give the Galleon service account permissions to access the share. The preferred way of referring to network shares are: \\pc\share

Can someone explain -- or point me to a web page that explains -- how to "change the user that Galleon uses"? I tried to do this, and have changed the user from "Log on as Local System Account" to log on as "This account" where this account is the default account. (There is only one account on this machine.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
AOTIVO is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-11-2005, 03:45 AM   #16 (Print)
juanian

You might try posting this to a thread for the version of Galleon that you are using (the current version is Galleon 1.9.2). Although I don't have a current Windows system available right now, have you tried accessing the files after you are logged in? Also, check the Task Manager and see if the Java (or Galleon) processes are running under System or your username. Also, how is your network connection being started?