TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2005, 11:52 AM   #31 (Print)
Sneals2000

In my experience USB2 is a bit slower - but not much - than firewire - though this is with a PC and a 3G iPod not a Mac.
Sneals2000 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #32 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

USB2 is supposedly faster in the tech specs. I have noticed no difference going form a Gen3 iPod over FireWire to a Gen4 on USB2.

Author of EndPad, DailyMail and others now run by other generous souls. Setup: MCE hub feeds 3 x 360s from 2 x DVB-T tuners and 1 x Sky via TiVo+eTivo. Sky+HD coming 22/5.
sanderton is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #33 (Print)
AMc

Quote:
One last thing do not expect any customer support once the 1 yr guarantee expires so consider buying a 1 yr extention during the yr after purchase for a nano. Probably not worth it for an iShuffle.

My experience of the Regent Street Apple store was OK. My girlfriend's 11 month old iPod was suffering from poor battery life and was swapped out after '2 weeks testing'.
People coming in with older kit were being offered the chance to buy swapout refurbished items the same as the ones with faults. The price difference between a swapout refurbed 40GB 3G iPod at £140 and a new one would have sent me off to buy the parts online but they seemed to be helping.
It was quite an eye opener seeing the number of customers going to the genius bar with busted kit.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #34 (Print)
iankb

If you can manage to get the back off your iPod, MDS Batteries do replacement batteries.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus
iankb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #35 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

It's far too easy to get the back off an iPod - I did it once by accident!

Author of EndPad, DailyMail and others now run by other generous souls. Setup: MCE hub feeds 3 x 360s from 2 x DVB-T tuners and 1 x Sky via TiVo+eTivo. Sky+HD coming 22/5.
sanderton is offline Report Bad Post Report Post