July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #1 (Print)
MasterOfPuppets
Unregistered User

Alamo Bowl *spoilers*

Michigan got SCREWED...and the Sun Belt officials are completely incompetant...2 wasted timeouts when the play should have been automatically reviewed, and then having 3/4 of the entire Nebraska team on the field during the final play with no penalty...terrible...
But anyway...Lloyd Carr must go...
MasterOfPuppets is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #2 (Print)
goblue97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Michigan got SCREWED...and the Sun Belt officials are completely incompetant...2 wasted timeouts when the play should have been automatically reviewed, and then having 3/4 of the entire Nebraska team on the field during the final play with no penalty...terrible...

I'm not sure if I'd say they got screwed but they certainly weren't helped any. They never should leave the game up to the refs, especially when the refs are in way over their heads. What was Ecker thinking when he kept the ball instead of giving it to one of the best open field runners in Michigan history? Breaston was right behind him.
As far as Lloyd goes, I'm still on the fence with this one. I think it may be time for Herrmann to go and maybe light a fire under Malone to open things up a bit. They have far too many weapons to not be utilizing them more effectively.
Good game nonetheless (minus the officiating) and well done by Callahan and Nebraska. (this is the kinder, gentler Michigan fan coming out in me )
goblue97 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #3 (Print)
LUVmyTIVOinKC
Best title ever, Dad

I do agree that the officials were terrible. However, there were Michigan players/coaches that came off of the sidelines during the last play also. So, if the officials call the penalty they would of had to call it on both teams. However, there were many more Nebraska players/coaches on the field.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #4 (Print)
IJustLikeTivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets

The officiating during the two unreviewed plays was worse than the end. While I agree that Nebraska was on the field, so was Michigan and you'ld have to call both teams. With no time on the clock, that would have been the end anyway.

Exiting but a day late and a dollar short.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #5 (Print)
cheerdude

Watching this on ESPN.com ... it sounds like that last lateral (since it hit the ground) was why people thought the game was over (though no whistle had blown).

I'm not sure what the rules are on laternals (especially in College)

You are coming to Vegas in late June.... right?
cheerdude is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #6 (Print)
goblue97

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerdude
Watching this on ESPN.com ... it sounds like that last lateral (since it hit the ground) was why people thought the game was over (though no whistle had blown).

I'm not sure what the rules are on laternals (especially in College)

As long as the lateral is backwards they are just like fumbles. As long as it stays in bounds, it's live.
goblue97 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #7 (Print)
rberry88

The announcers were really laying into the officials, even though I thought it was deserved.

Those two timeouts could have had a big impact on the game, especially during Nebraskas last series where they were basically running the clock out before punting.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #8 (Print)
MasterOfPuppets
Unregistered User

Plus Michigan had to go for it on 4th down, before the lateral series...if they still had those timeouts, they could have kicked a field goal, gone on defense and called TOs between plays...
The worst part about the Nebraska players running onto the field was that it prevented any of Michigan's players from trying to run to that side of the field, they were forced to go right...
I have no idea why Ecker held onto the ball, even if Breaston hadn't been right behind him, lateral the damn ball, even if it ended up as a turnover it would have been a better effort than being tackled 20 yards out...
As for Lloyd Carr...can't stand the guy...I've seen Extreme Right Wing Christian's that are less conservative than him...he cost Michigan the Ohio State game this year, and countless others in prior seasons...he needs to go...Michigan would be so much better if they had some creative/aggressive play calling...and a 5 loss season with the talent they had is inexcusable, even with the injuries...
MasterOfPuppets is offline Report Bad Post Report Post