July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2004, 07:40 AM   #1 (Print)
newsposter
Poster of News

$25 millon hoax

No one watching? One overriding thing I have about the show is I just don't get why all that family appears to be living together. I guess though in today's world it's more common for everyone to stay in the nest while trying to find a job and get out on their own

i think it's great it's just 3 eps, more than that would be painful!

retired (must watch though) Sony T60 2-160 drives
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder

“Be yourself, it’s easier isn’t it?”
newsposter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #2 (Print)
johnb41

I watch it and like it alot... but i like alot of the shows that people here hate!

3 episodes total is nice... it doens't drag on and on. I'm disappointed by the very end of ep 2 when then showed a preview of the finale. They practically showed us everything... Won't be much surprise when i see it next week.

John
johnb41 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #3 (Print)
Jeeters

I've been watching it and have mostly enjoyed it. I admit to fast forwarding through a lot of the second episode, though; it gets old after a while. I'm glad that next week is the end. I'm a little astonished how well the family is able to 'bite there tongue' and not just let the girl (dang, I forget her name!) do what she wants.

I also noticed that the preview for next week gave way too much info away about the outcome of the 'reveal'.

Oh, and the male pig in me wants to say I find the girl pretty cute. She's my type.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #4 (Print)
grant33

I think it's ridiculous that the family would ask/expect her to buy them anything. It's her money and her choice how much she wants to do for them. It would be one thing if they were trying to tell her that what she was doing wasn't smart financially or that some of the comments she's made were hurtful, but they're just saying "buy me a car" or "she didn't even buy me this or that". I agree that most people would and/or should buy things for family, but they shouldn't be required to. If I were her (and it weren't all a setup) I wouldn't want to buy them anything just because they were clamoring (sp?) for it. Of course, knowing these shows it's probably been edited so it looks like they're extra greedy.
grant33 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #5 (Print)
johnb41

Quote:
Oh, and the male pig in me wants to say I find the girl pretty cute. She's my type. [/B]

Of course... do you think NBC would pick an unattractive girl for that role?

John
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #6 (Print)
kyote
Who me?

Send a message via ICQ to kyote Send a message via AIM to kyote Send a message via MSN to kyote Send a message via Yahoo to kyote
where have i heard the suspense music in this show before? it sounds so familiar but i just can't place it.

www.littlehappybunnies.com
Blog
kyote is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-24-2004, 05:20 AM   #7 (Print)
catalyst

This show was very disturbing and should remind us of the covetous urge within the human psyche that leads to communist systems. It did not take long for the family members to think in terms of "my money".
catalyst is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #8 (Print)
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

Re: $25 millon hoax

Quote:
Originally posted by newsposter
No one watching?
Not here.
Fustanella is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #9 (Print)
kewpie

I liked how the final credits of the show specified that the Lexus convertible that she had "won" was actually a three month lease on a Lexus convertible.

Kind of like that Atlantic City episode on the last season of Apprentice when one of the teams appeared to be giving away a car, but were actually giving away an amount of money that you could use to rent the car for one day.
kewpie is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #10 (Print)
kyote
Who me?

Send a message via ICQ to kyote Send a message via AIM to kyote Send a message via MSN to kyote Send a message via Yahoo to kyote
Quote:
Originally posted by kewpie
Kind of like that Atlantic City episode on the last season of Apprentice when one of the teams appeared to be giving away a car, but were actually giving away an amount of money that you could use to rent the car for one day.

Oh your kidding! That's just wrong.

www.littlehappybunnies.com
Blog
kyote is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #11 (Print)
johnb41

Quote:
Originally posted by kyote
Oh your kidding! That's just wrong.

Oh, that sucks!! She should have won $500,000 to make the total price for the family around $1,000,000. She ended up winning less than some of her family!

John
Old 11-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #12 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally posted by kewpie
I liked how the final credits of the show specified that the Lexus convertible that she had "won" was actually a three month lease on a Lexus convertible.
Boy, that's just cheap. Would it have really killed NBC to at least pay for a full standard 2 year lease or something? Heck, the fuel burnt on those private jet flights in the show cost more.

On the other hand, her being young and single probably means she'd have to blow her 'fortune' on auto insurance.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post