Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2005, 06:35 AM   #1 (Print)
frank macdonald

no GoBack with 1.9.2 Galleon

Okay, need a little help here. Have a Tivo Series 2 running software 7.2.1. Just installed Galleon 1.9.2 over the previous 1.9.0 version. Now, under my "Now playing" list, my pc still shows up, but I can no longer access the show listing to put them back on my Tivo. I have rebooted both the galleon service, the pc, and the Tivo numerous times, and I have let them all run for 5 hours together to see if they would sync up but no luck there. Any ideas?

I also do not see (I just noticed this) my weather apps either on my Tivo. Yet I still can transfer shows Off of my Tivo to my pc without issue.
frank macdonald is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #2 (Print)
frank macdonald

hmmph..dunno it works now though...

Okay... using the old, $h!ts and giggles routine, I installed the new Tivo Desktop 2.2 over my existing Tivo Desktop 2.1 and now, my now playing list works. I am transferring two shows back onto my Tivo as I type this. However, I am still unable to access my weather apps. I get a Tivo "Please Wait" popup on the tv screen. so.. now... any ideas on this? I am writing a stupid ethics essay for school, so... when I get writers block, i mess with the Tivo while the wife is still asleep. lol ..anyway... thanks for reading and giving me ideas... if you can
Old 11-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #3 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank macdonald
Okay... using the old, $h!ts and giggles routine, I installed the new Tivo Desktop 2.2 over my existing Tivo Desktop 2.1 and now, my now playing list works. I am transferring two shows back onto my Tivo as I type this. However, I am still unable to access my weather apps. I get a Tivo "Please Wait" popup on the tv screen. so.. now... any ideas on this? I am writing a stupid ethics essay for school, so... when I get writers block, i mess with the Tivo while the wife is still asleep. lol ..anyway... thanks for reading and giving me ideas... if you can

Make sure you have enabled all of the ports Galleon needs in your firewall:
http://galleon.sourceforge.net/html/faq.html#ports

Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 PM   #4 (Print)
Alexbt

At least I'm not completely crazy.

I am a new TiVo/Galleon user and I am experiencing the same problem, with one difference.
I'm using a Mac, and I have the firewall of my Mac disabled.

The GoBack, Weather, Traffic, etc. Apps work and show up fine but I have no GoBack!
Alexbt is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #5 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbt
At least I'm not completely crazy.

I am a new TiVo/Galleon user and I am experiencing the same problem, with one difference.
I'm using a Mac, and I have the firewall of my Mac disabled.

The GoBack, Weather, Traffic, etc. Apps work and show up fine but I have no GoBack!

The GoBack files should be listed at the bottom of your Now Playing list on your TiVo.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #6 (Print)
dpz
perchance to dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahmo
The GoBack files should be listed at the bottom of your Now Playing list on your TiVo.

Not for me. Running Galleon 1.9.2, even turned off my firewall, still no dice. ToGo works fine, GoBack no worky.

-dp

dpz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #7 (Print)
Impster667

No Goback

So has anyone figured out the goback problem? I don't have it either with my linux install...
Impster667 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #8 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpz
Not for me. Running Galleon 1.9.2, even turned off my firewall, still no dice. ToGo works fine, GoBack no worky.

Are there any errors in the Galleon logs?

Old 12-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #9 (Print)
ckohler

I have a Mac and am running the same Tivo and Galleon versions. GoBack almost works for me. I can see the files on my Mac showing up on the Tivo with the option to transfer them but when I attempt to transfer it never works complaining of a network error. What's more, all of the files (even .tivo files) show up as having 0:00 duration.

If you guys aren't even seeing your files on your computers showing up in Now Playing perhaps you don't have Galleon's ToGo feature activated. It's required for the GoBack function to work.
ckohler is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #10 (Print)
psardoin
Just a Special User

Quote:

I had to wait an hour before it worked on my. Working just fine. I disabled my Norton Internet Security Suite for 5 minutes and that seemed to fix it... Whatever!

Just happy it works.

Humax DRT-400 v7.2 (363 Hrs)
psardoin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #11 (Print)
dpz
perchance to dream

Quote:
Are there any errors in the Galleon logs?

Sorry, I don't have the logs any more.

-dp

dpz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #12 (Print)
Impster667

Logs

19:02:56,990 DEBUG [RMI TCP Connection(8)-127.0.0.1] Configurator - GoBackConfiguration: org.lnicholls.galleon.server.GoBackConfiguration@15747dc[mEnabled=true,mPublishTiVoRecordings=true,mConvertVideo=true ,mConversionTool=vlc "{%1}" --sout #transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,width=720,height=480,fps=29.9 7,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{ dst=std{access=file,mux=ps,url="{%2}"}} vlc:quit,mPaths=[Linux=/media/hdb/dvd],mModified=true]

Is there anything else I should be looking for? Cause I'm not seeing any other goback in the log.txt. Just the above several times.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 PM   #13 (Print)
Impster667

Another Strange Thing

When I just started Galleon after a few minutes my screen shows the message of

"togo[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2066 not found."
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #14 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impster667
19:02:56,990 DEBUG [RMI TCP Connection(8)-127.0.0.1] Configurator - GoBackConfiguration: org.lnicholls.galleon.server.GoBackConfiguration@15747dc[mEnabled=true,mPublishTiVoRecordings=true,mConvertVideo=true ,mConversionTool=vlc "{%1}" --sout #transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,width=720,height=480,fps=29.9 7,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{ dst=std{access=file,mux=ps,url="{%2}"}} vlc:quit,mPaths=[Linux=/media/hdb/dvd],mModified=true]

Is there anything else I should be looking for? Cause I'm not seeing any other goback in the log.txt. Just the above several times.

Email me your complete logs.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #15 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impster667
When I just started Galleon after a few minutes my screen shows the message of

"togo[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2066 not found."

You can ignore these warnings. They are printed by the TiVo HME SDK.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #16 (Print)
frank macdonald

okay.. changed my config...

I gave up, and put my Tivo back on my other subnet, to which my house pc is located (was using my laptop previously for transportability) anyway, on the pc I have the latest galleon and Tivo Desktop versions. I can now see my apps, weather, podcasts, etc. I can see my pc in my now playing list and can view the shows on my pc. However, When I tried to transfer a show back to my Tivo, it only gets partially transferred. I have tried three different hour long programs, none completed fully. I know the shows are all good since I can watch them on my pc. Any ideas about the go back only going partially back?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #17 (Print)
javahmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank macdonald
I gave up, and put my Tivo back on my other subnet, to which my house pc is located (was using my laptop previously for transportability) anyway, on the pc I have the latest galleon and Tivo Desktop versions. I can now see my apps, weather, podcasts, etc. I can see my pc in my now playing list and can view the shows on my pc. However, When I tried to transfer a show back to my Tivo, it only gets partially transferred. I have tried three different hour long programs, none completed fully. I know the shows are all good since I can watch them on my pc. Any ideas about the go back only going partially back?

Galleon 2.0 will have better support for recovering from network issues that might result in partial transfers.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #18 (Print)
The.Mayor
From Alabama

Quote:
Galleon 2.0 will have better support for recovering from network issues that might result in partial transfers.

Slurp, slurp..... wow 2.0. You have whetted my appetite

What else can we expect? Any planned release date?

In any event. I am so very happy with Galleon, keep up the good work. Excellent addition to TiVo.

John