Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #241 (Print)
brig2221

Fantastic News!

I received a call from DirecTV yesterday. I took about 20 minutes, but they completely took me through the process of cancelling my service through Pegasus, and then changing over to DirecTV!

They literally had to "turn off" all programming, and then start it back up on DirecTV, so I did not have any TV for about 10 minutes. Be prepared to spend some time giving them all of your serial numbers on your equipment and all of your access card numbers. This is what took the most time.

They also for some reason when switching me over could not activate my HD package. They could only activate my total choice programming and HBO. No big deal, they gave me the 800# and I had the HD pack activated within 5 minutes.

NO MORE PEGASUS BROTHA!
brig2221 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-15-2004, 01:42 PM   #242 (Print)
Trevor

I got switched over today. Took almost two hours to get everything straight and my PPV is still not on(the woman couldn't get both my receivers to work at the same time). Felt like I was still dealing with Pegasux. Hopefully things will go smoother from here on out.

Also, I asked them about any deals for getting another Tivo and they said they can't sell us any equipment yet in my area.
Trevor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #243 (Print)
rickaren

Yes they have now got organized. Got changed over Wednesday (4 receivers), but didn't have any HD Package on my E-86 as before with Pegasus. When I called back later they said I was still shown as a non- DirecTV customer and could not help with programing @ present. Called late Thursday and after explaining my issue was referred to a new 1-866-237-0700 number for anyone that was experiencing a problem AFTER being switched from Pegasus to DirecTV. Sure enough I was being charged for this package but it had not been activated. Was turned-on in about two minutes. Also was told that since I already had a monthly DirecTV Account for TiVo & UltimateTV charges they would use the same account and just add my new programing (from Pegasus) to this previous account. (one bill) I had used their Web Site to see if I could find my new account #, but it still showed me as a non-DirecTV customer and to contact Pegasus. May take a month or so to up-date their "On-Line" but I'm now completely changed over to DirecTV! Great to be there at last!

DISH 942 HD DVR
DirecTV TiVo 240 Hr Receiver
Energy Take 5.2 7 Speaker System
rickaren is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #244 (Print)
frack

Do I have to wait???

I was ready to make the switch...then I looked at my latest bill from Pegasus and noticed that I have already started making my payments on NFL Sunday Ticket for 2004. My assumption is that this subscription will not move over to D* with me. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I think I am stuck with Pegasus until after the season, or at least until my Saints are out of contention
frack is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 02:36 PM   #245 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
Man, if you're an ain'ts fan I'd throw in the towel today! Seriously though, it should carry over. If in doubt and DirecTV when they call you back. I cancelled mine because I had a feeling it was going to happen after my first bill. I started it up again with DirecTV.

Go Lions!

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #246 (Print)
WeKnSmith

Re: Do I have to wait???

Quote:
Originally posted by frack
I was ready to make the switch...then I looked at my latest bill from Pegasus and noticed that I have already started making my payments on NFL Sunday Ticket for 2004. My assumption is that this subscription will not move over to D* with me. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I think I am stuck with Pegasus until after the season, or at least until my Saints are out of contention

They signed me up for auto-renewal for next year, and have issued a credit for the money that I already paid Pegasus. As well, they had to issue a credit for the increased cost since we are no longer allowed to sign up under the auto-renewal price for this year.

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
SAT-T60 (212HR w/ Lifetime)
DSR6000R (146HR)
2 - HDVR2 (105HR & 105HR w/ 6.2 & HMO)
Series2 80 Hr w/ lifetime
Win MCE (PVR-150MCE & HDTV Wonder)
WeKnSmith is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #247 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Although I didn't officially transition, (I cancelled Pegasus, wife signed up for DirecTV), they gave me the early bird credit and auto renewal for ESPN Gameplan and NFL Sunday Ticket because I told them I had it with Pegasus. I didn't even ask for a credit (because I had Sunday ticket and ESPN Gameplan last year) but they gave me one anyhow! BURN IN HELL PEGASUS!! WE'RE FINALLY FREE!!!!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!! (Disclaimer: I know it's only TV, but man.... it's so much cooler when you actually get the services you pay for!)

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #248 (Print)
SLOmike

As of last night I am officially a DirecTV customer.

They disconnected my Pegasus service, then restarted DirecTV service.

I called to see about getting a new dish, but since the conversion is so recent, they cant order the dish for me yet bacause the change hasn't propogated through the system.

They did tell me that my "new" account number is my DirecTV account number which I had for paying the TiVo bill.

They asked me to call back in a few days to order the new Phase 3 dish upgrade.

-Mike

SLOmike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post