TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE
 


 

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

 
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #871 (Print)
dgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminus303
Yes but a person trying to escalate an argument would not be likley to agree with the incompleteness of his analogy, as I did.


What stopped the escalation here was DrStrange calling it a troll and not responding with an even worse analogy.
dgh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-20-2005, 02:30 PM   #872 (Print)
jimby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
I disagree.

Firstly I don't want pop ups on my TV anymore than I want them on my TiVo. I already pay a subscription to get the channels, and one to get TiVo to record them.

Besides this when I FF commercials I wait for the brief flash of my program and then hit play. If I cant do this because my view is obscured by another commercial then I wont be a happy camper.
jimby is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #873 (Print)
DrStrange
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgh
What stopped the escalation here was DrStrange calling it a troll and not responding with an even worse analogy.

I've ignored terminus in this thread since that post, but I actually typed up a response to fatbears segregation analogy that among other things chided him for not jumping straight to Nazis and getting the whole Godwin thing over with. But in a rare fit of self-control I decided it wasn't contructive, and just trashed it.
DrStrange is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #874 (Print)
terminus303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimby
I disagree.

Firstly I don't want pop ups on my TV anymore than I want them on my TiVo. I already pay a subscription to get the channels, and one to get TiVo to record them.

Besides this when I FF commercials I wait for the brief flash of my program and then hit play. If I cant do this because my view is obscured by another commercial then I wont be a happy camper.



Just for those coming in late.


Tivo is not adding popups. Tivo has no plans to add popups. The people who have actually witnessed the the features instead of just reading about them have not been bothered. Some people actually like it and some feel neutral.

Most of the rest of this is a debate about other things. On the one hand we have people who read misleading articles and come here with the idea that Tivo is horrible and that's simply not true. On the other hand we have a hard core set of Tivo defenders who won't or can't admit the (smaller) problems that Tivo does actually have.

__________________
No signature selected

Last edited by terminus303 : 02-20-2005 at 02:57 PM.
terminus303 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #875 (Print)
terminus303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgh
What stopped the escalation here was DrStrange calling it a troll and not responding with an even worse analogy.


Honestly you are seeing troll where there isn't one... I don't blame you - it can't be much fun to see so much criticism of something you obviously feel passionate about.... I don't like the steady stream of "Tivo wont fast forward" or "Tivo is going out of business" posts either. I think you would help Tivo more, though, if you could keep a more open mind and a more balanced approach....

__________________
No signature selected
terminus303 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #876 (Print)
dgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminus303
- it can't be much fun to see so much criticism of something you obviously feel passionate about.... I don't like the steady stream of "Tivo wont fast forward" or "Tivo is going out of business" posts either.


I don't mind those. In fact they're frequently fun. My TiVo is 5 years old. In another 2-5 years I'll probably replace it with something that does HD. The replacement may be a TiVo or it may not. It doesn't really matter at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminus303
I think you would help Tivo more, though, if you could keep a more open mind and a more balanced approach....


You seem to have your pronouns confused
dgh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
 
Forum Jump
Thread Tools

Go Back  TiVo Community Archive2 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(C)opyright - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not affiliated with TiVo Inc.


Spider History Index