July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #331 (Print)
getreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthemme
Actually I don't think we know for sure that Ethan is one of the Others. I would guess that he is not.

Unless he is another Other. Y'know --- other than the other others. Oh brother!

I'm starting to hatch a theory that Claire is Rousseau's daughter. Snatched at birth, raised in Oz, then returned to the emerald palace with the next generation inside of her. Do we KNOW if Claire is NOT 16?

BTW, I also noticed sparks between Locke and Rousseau. Mon dieu!

Last edited by getreal : 05-21-2005 at 05:29 PM.
getreal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #332 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Im still wondering why she (Rousseau) lied about the scratch on her arm....it was obviously from one of the polar bears or something else. Perhaps the others have gotten to her and implanted their 'seed' in her and she's gonna get em all

Old 05-22-2005, 03:03 AM   #333 (Print)
TiVo Bum
Pure Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy2003
Im still wondering why she (Rousseau) lied about the scratch on her arm....it was obviously from one of the polar bears or something else.
Can't disagree with you here. It was definitely from one of the polar bears......or something else.
TiVo Bum is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #334 (Print)
lodica1967

I was re-watching the episode where the "jungle noise(monster)" made it's first visit. I was just starting to doze off when the noise started, I opened my eyes and expected to see a plane crashing flashback. It was the jungle monster noise. It's the exact same sound as the plane coming apart!

Not sure if it means anything, but the sound effects are the same. I ran it back 5 times and could hear it without a doubt. I replayed both seens and it's the same sound.

L
lodica1967 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #335 (Print)
Mr.Scarface

There are no "missing" scenes. This weeks episodes are 23 and 24. They are 2 epidsodes being shown back to back.
Mr.Scarface is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #336 (Print)
chewbaccad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodica1967
I was re-watching the episode where the "jungle noise(monster)" made it's first visit. I was just starting to doze off when the noise started, I opened my eyes and expected to see a plane crashing flashback. It was the jungle monster noise. It's the exact same sound as the plane coming apart!

Not sure if it means anything, but the sound effects are the same. I ran it back 5 times and could hear it without a doubt. I replayed both seens and it's the same sound.

Well, then it's only logical to assume that the monster attacked the plane

Old 05-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #337 (Print)
7thton
Frak!

What does it say under "Black Rock?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77
7thton is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-23-2005, 10:30 AM   #338 (Print)
mask2343
Cable DVR convert

Portsmouth.

Earlier in the thread, it was established that Portsmouth, England was a port where prisoners were shipped to Australia.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #339 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

I'm quite interested to see how (and if) they wrap this puppy up. Obviously there will be questions left to have answered, but I would hope/think that we'll get some answers to some of the more crucial questions.

Time will tell in about 54 hours......

Old 05-23-2005, 10:15 PM   #340 (Print)
Mike20878
Jake's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
There are no "missing" scenes. This weeks episodes are 23 and 24. They are 2 epidsodes being shown back to back.

They were referring to paragraphs in episode 23's synopsis that have now been deleted. There's no guarantee that these scenes will be in the finale. Many times scenes are left on the cutting room floor but accidentally included in official synopses.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #341 (Print)
miscellaneous

Wow. This is what I get for not getting to watch the ep until last night. Some notes (besides 'I think Jack's row number is in the sequence?!' gasp. )

- I don't dislike Jack, but my personal opinion of the direction the show should go would be to kill him off. Putting a physician in a group of survivors is... well, it's formulaic. I'd prefer them to kill him off (in a heroic way, of course), and divide his responsibilities up among the 'average' people remaining in the survivors - Sun uses herbs to work a 'less professional' medicine, other people assume responsibility, etc. I think it helps streamline the cast - having the guy who's 'the guy you go to for help' takes away from the creativity of the story.

- The Black Rock's a ship? Crazy, dude.

- I'm torn between a plane from Nigeria and a ship from Portsmouth having logical ways of finding an island in the Pacific and the island being a Bermuda Triangle-type catch-all. The preview of the .......... seems to advocate prison ship bound for Australia, though.

- I told my girlfriend last night that I'm thinking currently the island has perfectly logical explanations to everything, but it's presented in such a way that survivors of crashes (and the viewers on TV) can easily come to believe that there are mystical forces at work. I'm in the 'the monster sounds really mechanical' camp, and the fact that Danielle called it a security device screams logical answer to me.

- They're totally killing off Sawyer now. C'mon, when you're about to do something big, you don't mend fences with your rival on the island and stare longingly for the girl you've got a crush on. You're so dead, dude.

- Just an idea: Arzt is kind of goofy / comic relief-ish. All goofy / comic relief-y characters should watch their backs. There's only enough room on the island for so much humor!

- Just to revisit my first point: it's like what the creators of the show wanted to do originally. It's just too easy to have a leading man / physician / sympathetic reluctant leader with daddy issues. It makes for more interesting TV to have more flawed, normal characters, specifically a leading lady.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #342 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscellaneous
I'm torn between a plane from Nigeria and a ship from Portsmouth having logical ways of finding an island in the Pacific and the island being a Bermuda Triangle-type catch-all.
Who said they're still in the Pacific? For all we know the island isn't even in the same dimension. Don't think so small.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #343 (Print)
miscellaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters
Who said they're still in the Pacific? For all we know the island isn't even in the same dimension. Don't think so small.

I realize you're just joking and all, but I wanted to say for my own ego that that's what I meant by Bermuda Triangle catch-all - that it's completely separate from normal time and space.

I don't think small.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #344 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

If Locke's seen the 'monster' and it really isn't a 'monster' then that would be reason enough why he wasn't scared of it when it showed last week. But then again, if that's the case, why didn't he just tell the people not to run that it's only a ________. Then again, it would have to be something 'man-made' to be big enough to take down trees, and make such a loud noise. Oh what the hell....I have no idea what it is or if it's alive. I just hope they shed some light on it tomorrow!

Just remember....

Monnnnnnsters are such innnnnnteressssting peeeeople......

Old 05-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #345 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
If Locke's seen the 'monster' and it really isn't a 'monster' then that would be reason enough why he wasn't scared of it when it showed last week. But then again, if that's the case, why didn't he just tell the people not to run that it's only a ________. Then again, it would have to be something 'man-made' to be big enough to take down trees, and make such a loud noise. Oh what the hell....I have no idea what it is or if it's alive. I just hope they shed some light on it tomorrow!

Just remember....

Monnnnnnsters are such innnnnnteressssting peeeeople......

My stars... look at those nails...

Old 05-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #346 (Print)
Dafaso
Baaaaah!

Bobby-pin please.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #347 (Print)
scooterboy
...the anti-lemming

Quote:
Then again, it would have to be something 'man-made' to be big enough to take down trees, and make such a loud noise.
It also plucked the pilot from the cockpit, and left his bloody carcass in a treetop.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #348 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Thank you PJO and Dafaso....it give me hope that people can remember quality from many years ago!!!

Glad it wasn't too obscure!

Old 05-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #349 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Thank you PJO and Dafaso....it give me hope that people can remember quality from many years ago!!!

Glad it wasn't too obscure!

I've heard some of the music from Spamalot. Since you're so close to NYC you should go...

Old 05-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #350 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

I'm sure we will once all the craziness surrounding it dies down. I've heard mixed things, but since Im a python fan, I'd like to see it

Old 05-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #351 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
I'm sure we will once all the craziness surrounding it dies down. I've heard mixed things, but since Im a python fan, I'd like to see it

Last post OT

I'm sure they'll do a number on the Tony's considering it's up for 14 nominations.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #352 (Print)
Eight47

4815162342 -- The Lost numbers

Someone with too much free time:
http://thenumbers.greatestjournal.com/
Eight47 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #353 (Print)
orome
Druish Prince

Wow. That's dedication. Or something.