July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #31 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

Quote:
Also, it seems that you need to run that command line (./tivoweb console) to get it started. There is a way around this, isn't there?
You can just put ./tivoweb in your rc.sysinit.author file to run it automatically whenver you reboot.
rbautch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #32 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
It's nice and everything except that it doesn't do anything. Plenty of internal errors if I try to alter something. Seems to be incomplete. View my previous post picture. So far, all this is good for is a viewer. Nothing more, at least right now.
Many of the most useful features of Tivowebplus are found in add-on modules, that are very easily installed. Here is a place to download them. Those boxes with an "x" are missing graphics, that seem to be the result of some setting in Windows Explorer. If you use Mozilla Firefox they show up just fine. Still, you should have the functionality to add/modify season passes, restore deleted shows, and schedule recordings. Some of more useful add-on modules allow you to backup your season passes and thumb settings, backup favorite channels, and start and stop TiVo hacks, such as telnet, tivoftp, TiVo Control Station, cron, YAC, etc. You can also merge recordings together so your kids can watch 8 solid hours of Barney without interupting your Tivo hacking. This is all much more useful if you have remote access to your PC, which can be accomplished many ways including through WindowsXP or a free third party remote access service like logmein.com. I can check on my Tivos from anywhere in the country, whether to schedule a recording or check their internal temperature.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:24 PM   #33 (Print)
Scott D

Well, it's a little picky though
Scott D is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #34 (Print)
Scott D

Yeah, it works just fine. It seems the error messages didn't hinder the end result I was trying to do. Whatever it was I wanted it to do, it did it.
Scott D is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #35 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

I have updated the Tivowebplus folder I posted here (website only) with the following fixes/additions:

1. fixed the graphics problems with Internet Explorer
2. added missing graphics caused by 6.2 install
3. commented out TmkEvent calls from all modules (fixes search errors, season pass scheduling errors, etc)
4. added netconfig.itcl module (with author permission) for setting network parameters in mfs.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #36 (Print)
Gunnyman
Hamob

rbautch YOU rock sir

Gunnyman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #37 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

...but only on Saturday nights.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #38 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

I made some final updates to the Tivowebplus folder I posted here (website only) to add the following modules:

1. Hackman (start/stop TiVo hacks, edit start-up scripts, etc)
2. Merge (merge multiple shows together for batch play)
3. Backup (backup/restore season passes, thumb settings, and wishlishts)
Old 07-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #39 (Print)
cyklfreak

you guys rock!!!

thanks to all for this thread, out of 6 hrs researching(seriously) this past 15 min has yielded more than the first 6!!!!

2 questions if i may:

1 which module do i need to restore a deleted recording(i accidentally erased and want it back)

2 if i wanted to add a startup for this to my sysinit.author file what would it look like??

once again Thank You!!!!!!
cyklfreak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-03-2005, 03:07 AM   #40 (Print)
BTUx9

Send a message via AIM to BTUx9 Send a message via Yahoo to BTUx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyklfreak
1 which module do i need to restore a deleted recording(i accidentally erased and want it back)

2 if i wanted to add a startup for this to my sysinit.author file what would it look like??

1) Under User Interface -> Deleted Shows

2) Depends on where TWP is installed... for me, it's /var/local/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

Old 07-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #41 (Print)
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

I had added rbautch's latest TWP file to my 6.2 system and was having problems with the info module and the hackman module. They were not showing up in the main menu. I had put TWP in the root directory and it successfully started and other than a couple of modules, it worked perfectly.
I asked advice of rbautch and it turned out that my permissions in the bin_mips and the modules directory were not set correctly.
He had me chmod 755 * in each of those directories which changed all the permissions in each directory from -rw-r--r-- to -rwxr-xr-x. I had the root read/writable when I did this.
TWP now loads all modules correctly and I have the Info and Hackman module showing up in my main menu.
Hope this might help someone in the future.
Thanks for the help on this rbautch!
Human123 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post