Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2004, 05:08 AM   #1 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

Send a message via AIM to misterbleepy Send a message via MSN to misterbleepy Send a message via Yahoo to misterbleepy
eBuyer Customer Service phone number required

eBuyer have just probably cocked up a delivery for me, and I've just spent a frustrating 15 mins scouring their website for a Customer Service phone number - has anyone managed to telephone eBuyer - if so, what's the number?

Yell has no number for them either...

120Gb Samsung and 512Mb Cachecard now fitted
misterbleepy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:17 AM   #2 (Print)
cwaring

Send a message via MSN to cwaring

Telewest Active Digital with Pace 2000 STB
Now with added Tivoweb!
Tivo TV Ads & PDF Manuals
cwaring is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:40 AM   #3 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

Send a message via AIM to misterbleepy Send a message via MSN to misterbleepy Send a message via Yahoo to misterbleepy
Hmmmm - been there, done that, no phone number.

I guess I'll have to use their 'enote' thing, and hope they respond to that.

I found this number: 0870 467 0753 but it has been withdrawn from use.

ho hum (but thanks for reply, Carl)

Last edited by misterbleepy : 12-15-2004 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:36 AM   #4 (Print)
cwaring

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbleepy
I found this number: 0870 467 0753 but it has been withdrawn from use.

That's exactly what it said on the page I linked to

Strangely, the site seems to be totally unavailable at the moment.

Now with added Tivoweb!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #5 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

it was down for me earlier too, but it's back now.

That link may be specific to your login/account - it just took me to the login page.

I've been turning up all sorts of horror stories about eBuyer on the web.
The good news is that I payed with a credit card.
The bad news is that the goods are for my wife who is now hopping mad (because of this, not all the time :-) )

Old 12-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #6 (Print)
cwaring

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbleepy
That link may be specific to your login/account - it just took me to the login page.

I'm sorry. I should have checked. However, I wasn't logged-in at the time.

Anyway, here's what it said:

Quote:
Customer Service Announcement - Update

Two weeks ago, we announced to our customers what our main service issues were and how this was impacting on our support infrastructure. We would like to take this opportunity to update our customers on where we are now and where we expect to be in a further 2 weeks from now.

Our returns backlog which was 10 business days, is now at 5 business days,we expect this to be 1 business by mid December. Owing to the significant improvement in our returns backlog, we have reduced the enote backlog from 7 business days to 2 business days. As a result, our customers will have noticed a dramatic improvement in the speed of response by the Ebuyer support team, but our target for this is 4-8 business hours by the end of December.

We would like to apologise for any annoyance and disappointment this situation has caused to you, our valued customer.

We hope that this update gives you the ongoing reassurances that we are still dealing with the issues and working hard to resolve them.

There's a link from the index page; about half way down the right-hand side of the page.

Now with added Tivoweb!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #7 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

Cheers for the info, Carl.

I think I had an expired login to their site which was confusiong things.

We're now trying to track the missing part of our order through the couriers now.

Luckily my ethernet cable for this weekend's impending disk / cachecard upgrade is the part that we have received OK, it's just a memory card for my wife that's missing...

...and before you ask, she takes SD cards :-)

Old 12-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #8 (Print)
GarySargent

There is a phone number for them that works, but it took me 1 hour to find it, and then I was so frustrated I didn't think to keep a copy of it!

But it does exist.

(I seem to recall looking up details of domain registration and allsorts to track them down!)

http://www.tivobugs.co.uk » List of current bugs and problems.
GarySargent is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #9 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

Thanks, Gary. I found a Sheffield number that I can try tomorrow if we get no joy from the couriers - but hopefully the card will turn up tomorrow.
I just tested my ethernet cable - at least that works, so I don't need to test their returns procedure.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #10 (Print)
misterbleepy
elly's dad

oooh - the SD card has turned up - bizarrely for a 2 box shipment, one box was sent to the nearest Courier depot to us, but the other was sent somewhere else. Just need to test the card now, and hopefully all will be well.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:09 AM   #11 (Print)
ol_one2

ebuyer phone number

The euyer phone number is 0870 467 5030 (available from their domain name reg) - press 4 and then the # key (it took me a while to figure this out) and it will ask you for the surname of the person you want to speak to.
I just pressed a random selection of keys - some took me to voice mail boxes, some just rang and rang - eventually I hit a valid combination and got someone to answer the phone - he was pleasant but a bit shocked to get a call from a customer. He tried to transfer me but got no answer ... I didn't get arsey with him as it's only a change of delivery address I need to make - the goods are with the courier (somewhere). He took my details and I'll give them a chance to call me.

I hate service companies that don't publish their phone numbers - it's cowardly - so I just thought anyone googling for ebuyers phone number will find this thread and hopefully it will enable them to have a rant <grin>
ol_one2 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #12 (Print)
ol_one2

Well they've pissed me off so here's some more usfeul info:-

When you've dialed and pressed 4 and # then enter 6282742 - you'll hear some giggling in the voice mail (at least they are happy in their work) - then press # again I think (it's in the auto voice instructions) - this will take you directly to the people who deal with the "customer service".

HTH
ol_one2 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #13 (Print)
cwaring

Of course, they'd have every right to completley ignore you and hang-up as they no longer offer 'phone support

Now with added Tivoweb!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:45 AM   #14 (Print)
willwork4foo

eBuyer's phone number IS on their site... and...

Guide to finding eBuyer's phone number...

1: Go to the front page of the site.

2: scroll down to the very bottom of the page, look for a small link in black, below the orange line... "Contact Ebuyer". Click it.

3: On the page that comes up, scroll down to the bottom again and look in the paragraph at the bottom of the page: "Our telephone number". The phone number is in that paragraph.

That's the only place on the entire site that they list their phone number. Whilst calling them to chase up a refund for some faulty memory I returned, I overheard another call centre operator talking to another customer - from what I gathered, the customer was being very rude and aggressive towards the call centre operator. (No matter what the problem is, it's rarely the fault of the person on the end of the phone - being rude and aggressive never solves anything.) The person I was talking to was polite and helpful, and she apologised for the complete mess that some other idiot at Ebuyer had made with my account. She explained everything, and told me when I would see the refunds on my account.

If you can get through, and you can remain calm, and explain the problem, it seems most of the people answering the phones at Ebuyer are polite and friendly, and genuinely want to sort out the problems as they occur.

A quick (e)note about eNotes - don't bother with them. They have a target response time of 36 hours - it took almost a week for someone to respond to my eNote asking what was going on, and the response was essentially "sorry we took so long responding. Please phone us instead. Grovel grovel grovel."

All in all, when things go well with Ebuyer, they go very very well - your order arrives promptly and well packaged, and is a great bargain, and everybody wins. When things go badly with Ebuyer, they make a complete pigs ear of it - but if you're lucky enough to get through to one of the nicer customer service operators, they will do all they can to sort things out for you.

This is the first time I've ever had anything go wrong with Ebuyer, and I've been using their service for 3 years to buy virtually any bit of IT kit I need. When this latest order began to go wrong, I started to get really wound up and vowed that I'd never use Ebuyer again. Following my conversation today with a girl there at Ebuyer who really seemed to want to help, I will wait and see. If my refund is in my account when she said it will be, then I think I will definitely continue shopping there and put this one down to a one-off screw-up. They happen occasionally. After all, we are all only human...
willwork4foo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post