TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

View Poll Results: Should Spire finish and release the Message Box utility for Series 1 TiVo recorders?
Yes! I would definitely use this utility. 70 70.71%
Yes. I might not use this utility directly, but third-party utilities I use might, so I want it out there. 19 19.19%
Yes. It would not be of use to me, but I still think it's worthwhile, and it would be of use to others. 6 6.06%
No. It's not useful enough to spend any more time developing. 2 2.02%
No! It's a worthless utility, and a complete waste of time. 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #31 (Print)
jcblack

I'd me more likely to use TCS if this was working with it.
jcblack is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #32 (Print)
starbug1234

Hi,

Just been directed to this thread by sanderton.

Whats teh current status??

Cheers
Stuart
starbug1234 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-24-2004, 06:35 AM   #33 (Print)
starbug1234

Hi,

Does the resounding silence indicate that this project is now dead??

Cheers

Stuart
starbug1234 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-24-2004, 11:27 PM   #34 (Print)
newbr

bump

Vaporware?
newbr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-28-2004, 11:45 PM   #35 (Print)
Francesco
Seņor Mambo

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona
Send a message via ICQ to Francesco Send a message via AIM to Francesco Send a message via MSN to Francesco Send a message via Yahoo to Francesco
You do realize he has a real job and a real life, eh?

Francesco is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-02-2004, 02:59 AM   #36 (Print)
newbr

Why would someone make an 'announcement' for something and not release it though?
SNP with OSD would be awesome!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:30 AM   #37 (Print)
darkfires

tivo messagebox

It's been over a year since he's started talking about this, it's incredibly obvious that he used photoshop. Over a year and he hasn't made a binary release or even shared source code. A real shame too, it would have been a great contribution to the community. I would have even sent him $10 for a copy of source code, even if it was beta dirty code. I would have happily continued working on it with him. That's the beauty of open source.

Any coder trying to figure out how a system works just does the basics to get it working usually with minor or almost no error checking and everything is called directly, until they figure out to do it then they do it again cleanly.

If I am actually wrong about you and you did code that, I am very sorry and please accept my apology. And also, please share the source code. I don't care if its dirty, I will help you clean it up. ( I know C very well )

Len
darkfires is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-19-2004, 07:52 AM   #38 (Print)
whoknows55
Quack

Re: tivo messagebox

Quote:
Originally posted by darkfires
It's been over a year since he's started talking about this, it's incredibly obvious that he used photoshop. Over a year and he hasn't made a binary release or even shared source code. A real shame too, it would have been a great contribution to the community. I would have even sent him $10 for a copy of source code, even if it was beta dirty code. I would have happily continued working on it with him. That's the beauty of open source.

Any coder trying to figure out how a system works just does the basics to get it working usually with minor or almost no error checking and everything is called directly, until they figure out to do it then they do it again cleanly.

If I am actually wrong about you and you did code that, I am very sorry and please accept my apology. And also, please share the source code. I don't care if its dirty, I will help you clean it up. ( I know C very well )

Len

Spire's been missing for a bit. And honestly if I saw a message like this the last thing I'd do is share my code with you. Perhaps a politely worded PM would have been a better way to handle this?

Screw you, you faked it. You should have released it, i would have paid! I'll help you fix it!.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:23 PM   #39 (Print)
newbr

You didn't hear about the new messagebox utility for browsers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newmessagebox.jpg (86.1 KB, 87 views)