Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #91 (Print)
mportuesi
glassy-eyed zombie

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wasn't impressed with this movie at all.

The good news is that my download worked well.

The movie, however, was not that great. Contrary to the other reports in this thread, I wasn't that thrilled with the picture quality. Lots of scenes were fuzzy, titles had jaggies in them, and some of the scenes were just way too dark. Plus, it's letterboxed rather than true anamorphic widescreen.

I think these problems are simply the way this movie was filmed. I'm disappointed because I wanted to see how TiVo downloads compare in quality to DVD, and this simply wasn't a good test case. Download vs. DVD is important because if the TiVo is much worse in quality than DVD, I'll just keep renting DVDs.

Finally, I wasn't really that into the movie. I deleted it halfway through. But thanks for the experiment - it was fun participating in the download, at least.
mportuesi is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #92 (Print)
morac

Send a message via AIM to morac Send a message via Yahoo to morac
I'm still waiting to get this re-downloaded since the first time it tried to download it completely failed.

morac is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #93 (Print)
megazone
Hardcore TiVo Geek

Send a message via ICQ to megazone Send a message via AIM to megazone Send a message via Yahoo to megazone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrcat50
can you change the colors on your tivo? also is there a progress bar for the wishlist loading so you know how long it will take?

No and no.

megazone is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #94 (Print)
AZ_Tivo

Am I am the only one who is yet to get the download?
AZ_Tivo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #95 (Print)
bidger
Registered Muser

No.

TCD540040 w/Lifetime, networked, upgraded to 182hrs. @ Basic

"What a fun, sexy time for you!"- George-Michael Bluth, "Arrested Development"
bidger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #96 (Print)
MT-Hand

How much space does this thing require?!?

I checked my Recording History and found that it tried and failed to download just before Thanksgiving due to insufficient disk space. Okay, I had my Humax DRT800 pretty full. Since then I have massively cleared off programs. For the last week, it's been less than half full. I checked History again this weekend -- this time the "Red Trouser" and CNET downloads both failed due to insufficient space. I have over a dozen "TiVo Suggestions". Surely TiVo is NOT counting the space taken by these are they?

iMac DV400
OS X 10.3.9
Galleon 1.9.2
MT-Hand is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #97 (Print)
cloutierd

I am having a similar problem with not enough disk space, yet I have many TiVo Suggestions on that appear to not delete before the downloads are attempted. I have started a thread in the help section and would paste it below but I am too new to the Forum to include a hyperlink.

On Saturday night I disabled the auto record of TiVo suggestions. I am trying to keep the program list to a small amount this week in hopes that I at least can get a CNet to download. I will keep you posted.
cloutierd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #98 (Print)
TiVoPony
Got Kids? Get TiVo!

We're sorry that a few of you haven't had success yet in downloading the movie. It's something that our team is analyzing, and we do appreciate all of the information the forum members here have been able to share with us via PM.

Both projects - CNET and Red Trousers - will continue to attempt to re-download if the download fails for any reason. We'll be able to do this through the end of the month at a minimum - so there's a good chance that we'll be able to diagnose and address most of the failed downloads reported here. We do appreciate the help!

Pony

Old 12-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #99 (Print)
morac

Send a message via AIM to morac Send a message via Yahoo to morac
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoPony
Both projects - CNET and Red Trousers - will continue to attempt to re-download if the download fails for any reason.
How about if the TiVo thinks it succeeded when it really didn't? For example it reports it downloaded, but the playback time was 0 minutes.

In any case, my TiVo hasn't tried to redownload either the CNet show that did not completely download (and failed to play) nor the Red Trousers video. It had downloaded newer Cnet episodes so it knows about that.

I'm curious as to what triggers the downloads. Is it something on the TiVo (a kind of hidden To Do list) or is it triggered by the daily connect for that day?

morac is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #100 (Print)
mattman
Deep In The Mattcave

I just wanted to state that I have not received either download as well. If there is any information I can provide. I would be more than happy to help.

Matt

mattman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:32 AM   #101 (Print)
cloutierd

Monday Night I received my first CNET download. It wasn't until I disabled TiVo Suggestions that was I able to receive the CNET programs. I did not have to do this in order to receive the IFC shows nor the Army Navy Football games.
cloutierd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #102 (Print)
Stormspace
Disruptive Influence

Send a message via AIM to Stormspace
The download failed on both of my Tivo's with the message that the download couldn't be found.

w/linksys WUSB11 USB Adapter
Galleon 2.1 on 260GB WIN2000

"No daddy, it's a 181 hour tivo" - Margaret
Stormspace is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:16 AM   #103 (Print)
Stormspace
Disruptive Influence

Send a message via AIM to Stormspace
I got the a Cnet download on one of my tivo's yesterday, however I was disappointed it wouldn't transfer to the other tivo in my house. It has that stupid block, I thought we'd be able to move these around in our homes from TiVo to TiVo? If this is how video downloads are going to work we likely won't be using them.

w/linksys WUSB11 USB Adapter
Galleon 2.1 on 260GB WIN2000

"No daddy, it's a 181 hour tivo" - Margaret
Stormspace is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #104 (Print)
neilio

Nothing here whatsoever. I don't even see the CNET downloads item in my menu any more, either.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #105 (Print)
tally
2 old 2 be a techie

Quote:
We're sorry that a few of you haven't had success yet in downloading the movie. It's something that our team is analyzing, and we do appreciate all of the information the forum members here have been able to share with us via PM.

Both projects - CNET and Red Trousers - will continue to attempt to re-download if the download fails for any reason. We'll be able to do this through the end of the month at a minimum - so there's a good chance that we'll be able to diagnose and address most of the failed downloads reported here. We do appreciate the help!

Pony

Still no luck for me with the movie download. It has never attempted to download to one unit and the last time it tried on the other unit was 12/01. Always get the not downloaded because the program was not found message. I got a CNET download on 12/2 with no problems. I have provided my information via PM but no Red Trousers yet for me.
tally is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #106 (Print)
Lynxpro

Send a message via AIM to Lynxpro
Quote:
Pony

I realize C/Net probably paid some promotional monies to TiVo for the experiment, but if I were given a choice that didn't financially impact the Company, I'd say sign up with Revision3(.com) for some tech content to be directly downloaded. *Systm*, *The Broken*, and *Diggnation* would be very cool video content that I would sign up to download. Heck, if Martin Sargent adds a vidcast to *Infected with Martin Sargent* (if he ever gets another podcast onto the net!), I'd also want that too. His name should also be added to the Wishlist for actors (since there's no comedian/talk show host listing) since ComedyCentral is probably going to pick up his pilot...

And did I mention already (yes I did, in a different thread) how cool it would be if TiVo could sign up BBC Worldwide to test out some downloads of the New Doctor Who series to build some momentum amongst non-fans for the DVD box sets that will be hitting the market on Valentine's Day? The U.S. was deprived of the new series because SciFi preferred to blow money on their worthless "SciFi Original Pictures" productions, and thus there's a pent-up fanboy demand for that content. Plus, a lot of us TiVo owners/early-adopters are stereotypically science fiction fans, so it goes without saying...
Lynxpro is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #107 (Print)
Bai Shen
Now with Avatar!

Okay, I was able to get the Red Trousers download. Haven't really watched it, but looks like everythin' worked okay. Now my question is this. How do I get the CNET downloads? I never saw anything to let me opt in to it.

-thumbs up- from Fofer
Bai Shen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #108 (Print)
shutterfriend

TivoPony,

I had left an email with the help forums and Host_Jon responded indicating that my TSN has been scheduled for the download but I still have not received anything and it has been several weeks since I requested the download. I also asked Host_Jon if it is because I am a Canadian Tivo owner and he said no.

Can you confirm that Canadian Tivo owners can get these video downloads and also the new online services and one other question, will Canadian Tivo owners be receiving Showcases any time soon as I would like to join C-Net, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
shutterfriend is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #109 (Print)
TiVoPony
Got Kids? Get TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterfriend
TivoPony,

I had left an email with the help forums and Host_Jon responded indicating that my TSN has been scheduled for the download but I still have not received anything and it has been several weeks since I requested the download. I also asked Host_Jon if it is because I am a Canadian Tivo owner and he said no.

Can you confirm that Canadian Tivo owners can get these video downloads and also the new online services and one other question, will Canadian Tivo owners be receiving Showcases any time soon as I would like to join C-Net, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't believe we can tell, or would limit, whether these videos cross over into Canada. Sorry they haven't shown up yet.

Pony

Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #110 (Print)
TiVoPony
Got Kids? Get TiVo!

If you haven't received a download...

If you've signed up but haven't received a download yet for either the CNET or Red Trousers trials, there's a web form I'm going to direct you to that we're using to collect such information. Even if you've sent me a PM - and I have been passing them along - if the video you signed up for hasn't shown up, please visit the following site and share your information with us via the webform.

TiVo Video Download Feedback Webform

Thanks for participating in the trials, and sharing your results with us.

Pony

ps - that form can be used to send us regular comments, suggestions, etc too.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #111 (Print)
TiVoPony
Got Kids? Get TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bai Shen
Okay, I was able to get the Red Trousers download. Haven't really watched it, but looks like everythin' worked okay. Now my question is this. How do I get the CNET downloads? I never saw anything to let me opt in to it.

There should be a CNET item available in the Showcases area on your TiVo DVR.

Pony

Old 12-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #112 (Print)
tally
2 old 2 be a techie

Quote:
If you've signed up but haven't received a download yet for either the CNET or Red Trousers trials, there's a web form I'm going to direct you to that we're using to collect such information. Even if you've sent me a PM - and I have been passing them along - if the video you signed up for hasn't shown up, please visit the following site and share your information with us via the webform.

TiVo Video Download Feedback Webform

I submitted this form after the first couple of times the movie download failed. Do I need to do it again now that a lot more time (and download failures) have passed and I still haven't gotten it? Thanks for the help.
tally is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #113 (Print)
TiVoPony
Got Kids? Get TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tally
I submitted this form after the first couple of times the movie download failed. Do I need to do it again now that a lot more time (and download failures) have passed and I still haven't gotten it? Thanks for the help.

This form only went live on the website on Wednesday night. Perhaps it was a different form you filled out?

In any case, yes, please send your information in from this form. Appreciate it.

Pony

Old 12-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #114 (Print)
Fraser+Dief

Well, I just signed up, we'll see if I get it.

Based on my first download test, it's going to take some time if it does work, I'm looking at over 2 hours for a half hour show.
Fraser+Dief is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #115 (Print)
shutterfriend

Quote:
I don't believe we can tell, or would limit, whether these videos cross over into Canada. Sorry they haven't shown up yet.

Pony

TivoPony,

Any update on this as I still have not received to date.
shutterfriend is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #116 (Print)
MT-Hand

TiVo Pony,

I still haven't received the Red Trouser download, and I haven't seen any more failed attempts in the Recording History since just before Thanksgiving.

I have been receiving the C|Net and Rocketboom segments okay, but no Red Trousers.

Is it too late, or is this still going?

iMac DV400
OS X 10.3.9
Galleon 1.9.2
MT-Hand is offline Report Bad Post Report Post