Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-17-2004, 11:52 PM   #181 (Print)
bkzoller

T60 F1 glitch

I already deleted the F1 race from my T60, so I am unable to check it again. Based on what I remember of the symptom, I think I have found what caused the problem. I still have it recorded on the HDVR2 and the HR10-250. Both of those recordings show a video breakup at the 1:43 point in the race during the 5:30 am airing. The glitch happens just before Montoya reaches turn three with 19 laps remaining. The newer model TiVos do not completely lose the video, but I think the brief video glitch may have caused the ten seconds of video freeze on the T60. The fact that the problem goes away after a short time is definitely an improvement over the previous software version, but the same symptoms appear to remain in the new version.

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #182 (Print)
JimSpence
Finally own HR10-250

My DSR6000 finally got the "c2" update last night. The T60 was about a week ago. Actually, I suspect the update was already in the queue just waiting for the next call home to activate it. Since the calls are now 8 days apart it could take a while unless you force a call. I didn't because the unit hasn't shown the problem.

Last edited by JimSpence : 08-18-2004 at 12:25 PM.
JimSpence is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2004, 04:36 PM   #183 (Print)
puck

I recall that an early thread about the original update (c1) indicated a longer delay (8 days) between phone calls. When my T60 received this original update, the next phone call was scheduled for 8 days later. After this phone call, however, the delay between phone calls returned to 2 days.

The T60 was updated to c2 on Sunday, and the delay between phone calls is still 2 days.

It seems that the delay should be 8 days between phone calls if a Series 1 DTivo has been updated to c2. Has anyone else experienced this inconsistency??
puck is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #184 (Print)
ESPalmer

Wink

Speaking of logo updates, the new addition Sci-Fi Channel logo needs some work..........

ESPalmer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #185 (Print)
trickyech

After the c2 update all seemed to be well, but now my T60 is plagued with this problem: after a reboot everything seems to run ok, but a day later I lose all signal on the 2nd tuner. I mean the signal strength goes to 0 and I get nothing on it. I have to redo the satellite setup in order to get both tuners to get a signal. Swapping the cables coming from the dish to the tivo don't change anything either.

Anyone have any thoughts?

tricky

Old 08-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #186 (Print)
trickyech

Another problem I'm seeing is that the live video feed will pixelate and show noise when just watching it straight. I can't tell whether the problem is in how the video is being played onto the screen or how it was recorded. Older shows before the c ( and c2) update play perfectly fine.

tricky

Old 08-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #187 (Print)
drosoph
Distinguished Member

Send a message via AIM to drosoph Send a message via Yahoo to drosoph
Ok .. my friend got the C2 update .. but is still having the "I have audio, but no video" problem still ....

Old 08-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #188 (Print)
jsharper
rebmeM weN

Quote:
Originally posted by drosoph
Ok .. my friend got the C2 update .. but is still having the "I have audio, but no video" problem still ....

Any recordings that were made while he had c and was experiencing the problem are permanently messed up (the video was simply not recorded) so the c2 update (nor any future update) won't fix those recordings. He'll have to just deal with their loss and delete them.

Is he seeing this on live tv or NEW recordings made since he started running c2?
jsharper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #189 (Print)
mica

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I was on vacation most of August, and came home (to my horror) to the 3.1.0c bug. I installed "c2" by Aug. 18, but my video/audio problems persist, on both live TV and playback. I also have problems with recordings from last spring, which I know were fine before my vacation (for example, my Deadwood season finale will not play without video/audio freezing now). The symptoms are not as bad on some recordings, but are present on all recordings, and live TV (as I stated earlier).

So what am I to do? Is this a failing drive(s). I added a pre-blessed weaknees drive to a then 2 year old GXCEBOT Series 1 unit about one year ago, which gave me 149 hours (up from the stock 40). Other than that, I have not hacked this unit. I'm tired of suffering skipped segments every five minutes, and a reboot every other time I watch a new recording. Any suggestions for me?

BTW - I have a call into DirecTV customer service asking about this problem, but their "systems are down." They claim they will call back (this was 2 hours ago). I have read all the threads on this topic up and down, but I haven't seen any indication that the "c2" update is consistently failing for other subscribers. This is a great forum with lots of information - kudos to those of you who make it happen.

PS: Can I transfer all my preferences and season passes to a series 2 unit (i.e.: from weaknees)? If this is necessary, I would like to do this before the fall TV season begins.
mica is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #190 (Print)
jsharper
rebmeM weN

Quote:
Originally posted by mica
Long time lurker, first time poster...
So what am I to do? Is this a failing drive(s). I added a pre-blessed weaknees drive to a then 2 year old GXCEBOT Series 1 unit about one year ago, which gave me 149 hours (up from the stock 40). Other than that, I have not hacked this unit. I'm tired of suffering skipped segments every five minutes, and a reboot every other time I watch a new recording. Any suggestions for me?

if you are getting skipping and other playback weirdness on recorded shows that previously played back fine, then my first guess would be that one of your harddrives may be failing. If you're up to it, hook them up to your PC (don't boot into windows with them hooked up, though!) and run the drive diagnostics program for the drive manufacturer (PowerMax for Maxtor and Quantum drives, WDDiag for Western Digital, SeaTools for Seagate drives, etc). Usually this program is in the form of a bootable floppy.

Quote:

BTW - I have a call into DirecTV customer service asking about this problem, but their "systems are down." They claim they will call back (this was 2 hours ago).

don't expect any help from them other than a suggestion to buy a series 2 replacement unit.

Quote:

PS: Can I transfer all my preferences and season passes to a series 2 unit (i.e.: from weaknees)? If this is necessary, I would like to do this before the fall TV season begins.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is a drive failure causing your problems, and you can make a backup of the failing drives with mfstools, you can just restore that backup onto a new blank harddrive and be back up and running with your current series 1 unit. I basically just did this for my wife's s1 that had a failing stock A drive (the 30 gig quantum), replacing a 30gig A and 80gig B with a new seagate 160gig A (only 137gig usable) that I picked up at Fry's for $50 after rebate. (I also preserved her recorded shows using techniques that can't be discussed on tivocommunity.com, since mfstools couldn't handle this particular situation)

Check in with the underground forums for more info and details... and good luck with saving your tivo. it might be a lot of work, but once it is all done you'll be happy again.
jsharper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #191 (Print)
dmaneyapanda

sounds like a bad drive, unfortunately, if you're seeing stuttering on really old and newly recorded shows. you'll need to replace it, or pay to do so with DirecTV. If you go the latter route, don't forget to take out your extra HD first.
dmaneyapanda is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-16-2004, 10:40 AM   #192 (Print)
newsposter
Poster of News

Ok it's been since Sept 3 for a posting to this thread.

Are there any problem with C? I'm stuck on B, going on a few months without a call and noticed my CC not working again (rarely use it but did miss it with some recent shows).

So. Will I be ok hooking up the phone line? I'd hate to have all these new SP go bad on me.

tenatively optimistic

retired (must watch though) Sony T60 2-160 drives
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder

“Be yourself, it’s easier isn’t it?”

Last edited by newsposter : 09-16-2004 at 10:59 AM.
newsposter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #193 (Print)
bkzoller

I have had zero problems with 3.1.0c2 in the past month on a Sony T60. The old recordings were never at risk, and new recordings have been glitch-free. I use that as my primary TiVo, so I would have noticed if there had been a problem.

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #194 (Print)
mica

I replaced my drives one week ago and have had no problems.
mica is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #195 (Print)
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bkzoller
I have had zero problems with 3.1.0c2 in the past month on a Sony T60.

Ditto for me