Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2003, 11:15 AM   #31 (Print)
disco
stayin' alive.

Send a message via ICQ to disco Send a message via AIM to disco Send a message via MSN to disco Send a message via Yahoo to disco
AMAZING!! Thanks for another EXCELLENT hack, embeem!

Old 10-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #32 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Quote:
Originally posted by tivo_boj

Also anyone workin on the negative padding for 2.5 - we would love it here in the UK, especially as the BBC never keeps to schedules!

For general info, I have had some success setting negative padding values on a UK 2.5.5 machine by POSTing the values using TiVoWeb's action_record to MakeTodoRecording.

Author of EndPad, DailyMail and others now run by other generous souls. Setup: MCE hub feeds 3 x 360s from 2 x DVB-T tuners and 1 x Sky via TiVo+eTivo. Sky+HD coming 22/5.
sanderton is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #33 (Print)
xiojason

I also cannot get the padding to stick on Season Passes. It works great for individual recordings, but new programs added to the ToDo list via Season Pass are still set to end "On Time", and thus conflict with another recording that starts early.

Has anyone worked out a method that makes the end-early option stick for Season Passes?

(Also, I've edited my tivoweb's ui.itcl to know about/use the additional padding options, and it works well too. If anyone would like my edits, let me know.)
xiojason is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 AM   #34 (Print)
rpongett

Send a message via AIM to rpongett Send a message via Yahoo to rpongett
I have a Series 1 DTivo (Phllips 6000) running 3.1.

I installed this and ran it. Everything appeared to work great. Here was my screen printout:

/var/hack# chmod 777 *
/var/hack# ./padhack.tcl
TmkLogger: <134>Jan 12 07:09:43 tcl[237]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
done, please reboot
/var/hack# reboot

Except, after rebooting, my recording options didn't change (do not permit negative padding) when I try to record any program using my remote. No negative padding options.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

xiojason:

I'd like to know about your tivoweb edits to get negative padding to work there.

I'm currently using Tivowebplus (FalconTX and Mrblack51's edits on another forum with some really helpful stuff).

I tried (per Keegan's tivo hacking book) to edit var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/modules/tvres-3.0.res to add the following lines:

PaddingValues StartRecordingNameValuePairs 32 19
PaddingValues StopRecordingNameValuePairs 32 21

Didn't seem to work either.

Last edited by rpongett : 01-12-2004 at 04:06 AM.
rpongett is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-13-2004, 02:00 AM   #35 (Print)
rpongett

Send a message via AIM to rpongett Send a message via Yahoo to rpongett
The edits to Tivoweb were very easy. But keep in mind that negative padding is only supposed to work for Tivos running 3.0 or greater.

If anyone is interested, in the file ui.itcl, which is located in /tivoweb-tcl/modules, there is a series of lines that are:
Quote:
set startvals "0 1 2 3 4 5 10"

set startlabs "{On-time} {1 minute early} {2 minutes early} {3 minutes early} {4 minutes early} {5 minutes early} {10 minutes early}"

set endvals "0 1 2 5 15 30 60 90 180"

set endlabs "{On-time} {1 minute longer} {2 minutes longer} {5 minutes longer} {15 minutes longer} {30 minutes longer} {1 hour longer} {1 1/2 hours longer} {3 hours longer}"
Just replace/change them with/to (changes are in bold):
Quote:
set startvals "0 1 2 3 4 5 10 -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -10"

set startlabs "{On-time} {1 minute early} {2 minutes early} {3 minutes early} {4 minutes early} {5 minutes early} {10 minutes early} {1 minute late} {2 minutes late} {3 minutes late} {4 minutes late} {5 minutes late} {10 minutes late} "

set endvals "0 1 2 5 15 30 60 90 180 -1 -2 -5 -15 -30 -60 -90 -180"

set endlabs "{On-time} {1 minute longer} {2 minutes longer} {5 minutes longer} {15 minutes longer} {30 minutes longer} {1 hour longer} {1 1/2 hours longer} {3 hours longer} {1 minute shorter} {2 minutes shorter} {5 minutes shorter} {15 minutes shorter} {30 minutes shorter} {1 hour shorter} {1 1/2 hours shorter} {3 hours shorter}"
Worked great for me. Tested both a scheduling and recording with it.
rpongett is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-13-2004, 03:45 PM   #36 (Print)
mrtickle

Note that Tivo is perfectly happy with other values too. It just works! The missing "3 minutes longer", "4 minutes longer" and "10 minutes longer" values were very frustrating until I added them on my tivo (into MFS, so that they appear in the UI). I can't have negative padding on my version, but I do have half-minute padding instead.

The same applies to the "save until" values. My TiVo has entries for "a fortnight" and "a month"
mrtickle is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #37 (Print)
mrschwarz

Is anyone else having the problem of the season pass not remembering the negative padding after it has been set? When I set it on the web page, it's there. When I look at the season pass on the TV screen, the start time shows as on-time instead of 1 minute late.

Is there a fix for this?
mrschwarz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-23-2004, 06:36 AM   #38 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Have you actually hacked the TiVo resources, or just done it on Tivoweb? Tivo displays padding setting it does not recognise as one of its defaults as "On Time".

Author of EndPad, DailyMail and others now run by other generous souls. Setup: MCE hub feeds 3 x 360s from 2 x DVB-T tuners and 1 x Sky via TiVo+eTivo. Sky+HD coming 22/5.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #39 (Print)
mrschwarz

Quote:
Have you actually hacked the TiVo resources, or just done it on Tivoweb? Tivo displays padding setting it does not recognise as one of its defaults as "On Time".

I both ran the script and changed the UI.ITCL. Changes I make on the web page 'stick', but cannot be seen on the TV. Changes I make on the TV do not 'stick'. They cannot be seen on the TV or the web page.

Michael
mrschwarz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #40 (Print)
ElVee
I have an old sumo

Quote:
Originally posted by mrschwarz
Is anyone else having the problem of the season pass not remembering the negative padding after it has been set? When I set it on the web page, it's there. When I look at the season pass on the TV screen, the start time shows as on-time instead of 1 minute late.

Is there a fix for this?

Yes, I've had this problem for two years now (see my previous posts). I gave up trying to get it to work.

Living Room: DirecTv HD TiVo HR10-250 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals and HD package
-Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series II SVR3000, HMO
-Panasonic TH-42PHD7UY
-TV Messenger Plus remote Controlled On-Screen Caller ID
Bedroom: Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series I SVR2000, TurboNet and 120GB 'B' drive 48 hours Best and 177 hours Basic
-TiVoWebPlus
-TV Messenger On-Screen Caller ID
-The Series I in the bedroom and the Series II in the living room are available to me via PIP
-MX-500 with Radio Shack RF remote extender controls all TiVo's for true Picture-In-Picture
ElVee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM   #41 (Print)
scottjf8
My baby's daddy

Does this work on 3.1.0b S1 DTivo?

I ran it yesterday and it seemed to install just fine, and I rebooted, but the start/stop values are the same as before, no negative options....

Am I ever going to update my sig?
scottjf8 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-10-2004, 11:36 PM   #42 (Print)
antkoch

I also wish someone would answer the question Scott just asked so I can either make it work or quit messing with it. Can someone PLEASE let us know if they have gotten it to work on S1 Dtivo.

Thanks
antkoch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-11-2004, 05:35 AM   #43 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

You can do it by hand instead of using the script.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #44 (Print)
ElVee
I have an old sumo

Quote:
Originally posted by scottjf8
Does this work on 3.1.0b S1 DTivo?

I ran it yesterday and it seemed to install just fine, and I rebooted, but the start/stop values are the same as before, no negative options....

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I have the problem on an SV2000 standalone.

Living Room: DirecTv HD TiVo HR10-250 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals and HD package
-Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series II SVR3000, HMO
-Panasonic TH-42PHD7UY
-TV Messenger Plus remote Controlled On-Screen Caller ID
Bedroom: Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series I SVR2000, TurboNet and 120GB 'B' drive 48 hours Best and 177 hours Basic
-TiVoWebPlus
-TV Messenger On-Screen Caller ID
-The Series I in the bedroom and the Series II in the living room are available to me via PIP
-MX-500 with Radio Shack RF remote extender controls all TiVo's for true Picture-In-Picture
ElVee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-11-2004, 10:07 AM   #45 (Print)
scottjf8
My baby's daddy

The weird part is, if I go into TivoWebPlus, I have the negative options.. I tried setting a SP to stop 1 minute early, and then go into the SP Manager on the console, and it just says "On Time".....

Am I ever going to update my sig?
scottjf8 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #46 (Print)
PeteEMT
Not All Here

Send a message via AIM to PeteEMT Send a message via Yahoo to PeteEMT
With the new season it looks like NBC is up to their old tricks again.

I tried this script on Phillips SA1 running 3.0 and ran into the same Season Pass issue as the others. If I select "Start Recording One Minute Late", then go to SeasonsPass/User/(Pass Number) in MFS there's no StartTimePadding Listed.

If I try one of the "normal" options, it is listed. Could this field just not accept negative numbers?