THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2004, 11:39 PM   #331 (Print)
The_Real_Trebor

Wink The bees helped me.

devdogaz,
Quote:
How is exposing more flesh a good thing when being chased by a swarm of bees?

Well, I must say it was a good thing for me. Particularly, my eyes.

Trebor.

John: "Nebari mental cleansing doesn't get the tough stains out." - Durka Returns

Aeryn: "Dont Worry, I'm watching your backside."

John: "It's beer o'clock, where the frell is my riot?"
The_Real_Trebor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #332 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Anyone see the Daniel Dae Kim sound bite on TV Guide Channel this weekend?

He was half-seriously complaining that, in his last role as a SWAT officer on "24," he also had to wear the same clothes in every episode.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:19 AM   #333 (Print)
dswallow
+258PC

Send a message via ICQ to dswallow
Quote:
Originally posted by devdogaz
How is exposing more flesh a good thing when being chased by a swarm of bees?
According to the dialog, bees were trapped under their clothing, so they pulled it off to let the bees get away from them.
dswallow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-02-2004, 01:10 AM   #334 (Print)
balboa dave
well rounded

I didn't think they went far enough. I expected them to jump into the water, based on personal experience. Years ago, I was gathering wood for a bonfire on a beach up in Oregon at dusk. I was in a gully leading to the beach, about 50 yards in, when the piece of wood I tried to pick up turned out to be the papery husk of a hive. My first thought was identical to Charlie's, WTF is a hive doing on the ground?, but I didn't have it until I had run waist deep into the ocean, even though it was under 50 degrees outside! I remember the cloud of bees rising, and then the water. Not the running. If any bees had gotten under my clothes, they would have been off and used to swat away the rest!

Old 11-02-2004, 06:04 PM   #335 (Print)
thatmeowgirl

Answers to the Sun/Jin storyline (father's business, travel plans, why Jin had the watch). For those who don't want to read this spoiler, these answers will be revealed later in the season in the Jin centric episode:

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Sun's father is a leader in big business in Korea, owns a large company involved in the auto industry. A little known fact is that the reason jin had the watch (presumably in his luggage) is that he was on a business trip to deliver the watches to his father in law's business cronies in both Australia and the U.S. where he has interests. Whether or not Sun's father is in the Korean mafia is something we will be addressing in future episodes (when you see Jin's side of the story). - From Javier Grillo-Marxuach, writer of episode 6 Source: The Fuselage
thatmeowgirl is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #336 (Print)
MerlinMacuser

Quote:
Originally posted by balboa dave
I didn't think they went far enough. I expected them to jump into the water, based on personal experience...If any bees had gotten under my clothes, they would have been off and used to swat away the rest!

My wife and I are avid bird watchers; bird "finders" is more like it. We travel all over the US and Canada trying to find birds for our life list. Once we were in south Texas at a national wildlife refuge which consisted of large ponds of water framed by dikes on which you could drive. We had our spotting scope set up and were engrossed by some rare wading birds of some kind in a far corner of one of these ponds.

We were so engrossed that we failed to notice we were standing right over a Fire Ant nest until I looked down and noticed that my feet and legs were covered by them...same for my wife. Our reaction was pretty reflexive...swatting and strippping as quickly as we could even as we were being bitten. Keep in mind that there are dozens of other people around, each with a high powered telescope or binoculars and they are all focused on us as we did a wild, Watusi-esque striptease, of sorts, before diving, naked, into our car to get some fresh clothes.
MerlinMacuser is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #337 (Print)
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Quote:
Originally posted by balboa dave
I didn't think they went far enough. I expected them to jump into the water, based on personal experience. Years ago, I was gathering wood for a bonfire on a beach up in Oregon at dusk. I was in a gully leading to the beach, about 50 yards in, when the piece of wood I tried to pick up turned out to be the papery husk of a hive. My first thought was identical to Charlie's, WTF is a hive doing on the ground?, but I didn't have it until I had run waist deep into the ocean, even though it was under 50 degrees outside! I remember the cloud of bees rising, and then the water. Not the running. If any bees had gotten under my clothes, they would have been off and used to swat away the rest!

I thought that jumping into water was a bad idea - that the bees would either still cling to you or attack you again when you came up for air.

Not that I would have minded seeing Kate take off her shirt and jump into some water!

Old 11-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #338 (Print)
balboa dave
well rounded

Quote:
Originally posted by KRS
I thought that jumping into water was a bad idea - that the bees would either still cling to you or attack you again when you came up for air.

NOW you tell me At the time, thinking was not an option. "Run faster than bees" was my entire focus. I didn't even look back until I felt the shock of the very cold seawater, and the bees weren't there anymore. Oddly enough, I still had a piece of firewood in one hand that I had when I tore open the hive with the other.