SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #751 (Print)
Philly Bill
Outsider :)

Send a message via AIM to Philly Bill Send a message via Yahoo to Philly Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man
Charlie is a devout Catholic in addition to being an addict.

Maybe THAT is why he wanted the statue of the blessed mother. Maybe it had nothing to do with the heroin at all.
Philly Bill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #752 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Send a message via AIM to hefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Bill
Maybe THAT is why he wanted the statue of the blessed mother. Maybe it had nothing to do with the heroin at all.

A flashback showed that he was, we don't know if he is. His drug abusing and sleeping around kind of run counter to any devout definition. The fact that it is a religious icon that holds his temptation is an intentional irony at the least, and meant to make us ponder this very question. We just don't know, and I wonder if the writers have even decided the answer at this point.

Follow The Amazing Race in Google Earth. Complete through leg 6.
hefe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:45 AM   #753 (Print)
Philly Bill

Ok, so Jack, Sawyer and Jin are floating around in the middle of the Pacific Ocean somewhere without a boat.

Who wants to bet they're still within swimming distance of *SOME* island.. they swim over and spend the next season marrooned on ANOTHER island after just escaping the first one...

....THEN... they're out for a walk one day and stumble upon Locke out hunting boar.

LMAO!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #754 (Print)
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Ok, so Jack, Sawyer and Jin are floating around in the middle of the Pacific Ocean somewhere without a boat.

Who wants to bet they're still within swimming distance of *SOME* island.. they swim over and spend the next season marrooned on ANOTHER island after just escaping the first one...

....THEN... they're out for a walk one day and stumble upon Locke out hunting boar.

LMAO!!!

It's actually Michael, Sawyer and Jin. And I believe they will come upon another island ( or another location on the same island ) where they will find the tail section survivors...

Sony SVR-3000 235Hr
Pioneer DVR-810H
Hughes DVR40
DTV R10
crazywater is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #755 (Print)
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Send a message via AIM to Waldorf
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater
It's actually Michael, Sawyer and Jin. And I believe they will come upon another island ( or another location on the same island ) where they will find the tail section survivors...

... which consist of Pulp Fiction cast members and various reality show contestants.
Waldorf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #756 (Print)
Philly Bill

Quote:

LOL. Yeah, Michael. I bet you're right. should be a cool season.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #757 (Print)
Bulldog7

Yes, I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder
I thought Sun's dialogue about being punished was kind of a tongue-in-cheek joke making fun of the fans who theorized that the island is purgatory. Or paying them homage, take your pick.

That was my very first thought when I heard that dialog.....''Someone is paying attention to the internet boards, since that is a VERY prevalent theory on the net...." I said to myself, since I was alone at the time.....ha!

Old 06-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #758 (Print)
johnjohn
Scrumtrulecent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man
Can't really agree with that one.

Speaking of misinterpreting, I think that Locke's big speech to Jack is further evidence that he is misinterpreting what is happening. He likely is correct that they have been brought to the island on purpose and for a purpose, but he's only guessing wildly at the who-what-where-why-how, and he's getting a lot of it wrong.

The problem with relying on any "the world is a book" theory for your survival is that not every character has to live.

Stupid, Locke.

johnjohn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #759 (Print)
KyleBlowers
King Awesome

Quote:

I completely agree. I've been preaching that theory for weeks to my friends at school here. I think Rose was the one who initially got me thinking in that direction early on in the season. Jack said something to her about talking at the service for the dead and she said "Oh, my husband's not dead." and everyone's like "whaaa??? Woman, you CRAZY!" And thennn they introduced Michelle Rodriguez which very possibly validates this theory (because she's such a strong actress and that scene has to have some significance.)

My secret hopes?? That she and Kate have one hell of a catfight over jack with lots of cheering and whooping from national audiences. And also lots of bikinis and ocean water. hahaha
KyleBlowers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #760 (Print)
Big_Daddy
Purveyor of Idiocy

Quote:

SUUUURRREEE it didn't.

750 posts in, still having the same discussion! How many months until new episodes?

Old 06-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #761 (Print)
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBlowers
My secret hopes?? That she and Kate have one hell of a catfight over jack with lots of cheering and whooping from national audiences. And also lots of bikinis and ocean water.

No, wet T-shirts
philw1776 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #762 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

<----- 815 !!!
Fool Me Twice is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:15 PM   #763 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice
<----- 815 !!!

A ha... the "Lost" YAMM...

Old 06-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #764 (Print)
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Send a message via ICQ to Hunter Green Send a message via AIM to Hunter Green Send a message via MSN to Hunter Green Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77
- Surprised no one mentioned the scene with Jin in the bathroom and his father in-laws henchman confronting him. Why is that watch so important?

In China a watch is a traditional gift given at the end of a long period of employment. Given what Jin's job essentially is -- firing people -- the watch probably just indicates he's doing what he usually does, perhaps for someone who is being "let go" less violently than usual, though, perhaps not.

It takes on a second layer of meaning, though, since now Jin is himself ending a period of employment. In a way, giving away the watch is freeing himself. What I'm less sure about is the significance of who he gives it to.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #765 (Print)
Collier

I started watching Lost over the summer. I've only seen the repeats that ABC showed, so some of these questions may have been answered in those episodes, but I've still got a few.

Walt is the main question mark. Up until I read this thread, I had no idea Walt was 'special'.
What are Walt's powers and when were they revealed? Walt created the polar bear? How do we know that?

What dream did Locke have (and was it about Boone)?

Someone posted this:
"No Mention of Aaron's Eyes?

I'm surprised no one mentioned this. The episode began with Aarons left eye. This places Aaron on the white-stone side, along with Michael, Boone, Claire and Sun."

What does white-stone side mean? That makes no sense.

thank you!
Collier is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #766 (Print)
hyimted
sugartastic t. love

i think this is the first network show i've been excited about since ... i dunno ... maybe the early x-files years.

all i can say is i am hooked. i only started watching it during the re-runs, but i guess i'm pretty well caught up. can't wait for the new season ... hope the intensity lasts!
hyimted is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #767 (Print)
Chandler Mike
Lost

Send a message via ICQ to Chandler Mike Send a message via AIM to Chandler Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collier
I started watching Lost over the summer. I've only seen the repeats that ABC showed, so some of these questions may have been answered in those episodes, but I've still got a few.

Walt is the main question mark. Up until I read this thread, I had no idea Walt was 'special'.
What are Walt's powers and when were they revealed? Walt created the polar bear? How do we know that?

Someone posted this:

I'm surprised no one mentioned this. The episode began with Aarons left eye. This places Aaron on the white-stone side, along with Michael, Boone, Claire and Sun."

thank you!

A few things...

He always won at backgammon...I believe he killed a bird in one, or at least it seemed like he had something to do about it.

He was reading about the polar bear, and then the people going for higher land run into it...on a tropical island!

I think there was something else I'm missing...

Mike
Chandler Mike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #768 (Print)
uncdrew
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Mike
A few things...

He always won at backgammon...I believe he killed a bird in one, or at least it seemed like he had something to do about it.

He was reading about the polar bear, and then the people going for higher land run into it...on a tropical island!

Mike

From what I've read, the reruns this summer skipped a few episodes. So you might not have missed the Walt stuff due to any fault of your own.

He's magic.
uncdrew is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #769 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

If you need to, get or rent the DVD of the episode about Walt's backstory. It's called
"Special."

Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 AM   #770 (Print)
devdogaz
Member in Law

Send a message via AIM to devdogaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collier

Someone posted this:

thank you!

Rent the DVDs. If you have questions about these very basic aspects of the show, you surely would have questions about hundreds of other issues that were advanced during the first season. Just rent the DVDs and watch them straight through. It will make much more sense . . . or at least it should make as much sense as it made to us.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #771 (Print)
jwjody
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to jwjody Send a message via Yahoo to jwjody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Mike
A few things...

Mike

There was the episode the dog is missing and it was pouring rain. Walt is mad at Michael for not going to look for him and Michael said he couldn't go look that it was storming. Walt looks at Michael and a second later it stops raining.

J

Old 09-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #772 (Print)
Chandler Mike
Lost

Send a message via ICQ to Chandler Mike Send a message via AIM to Chandler Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjody
There was the episode the dog is missing and it was pouring rain. Walt is mad at Michael for not going to look for him and Michael said he couldn't go look that it was storming. Walt looks at Michael and a second later it stops raining.

J

Yup, that was a good one too.

Mike
Chandler Mike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post