Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #1 (Print)
atavar

Angry Why record the rejects?

C'mon tivo.. when I put three thumbs down on something it means i don't want to see it.. why is it so hard to do a simple user rating check before scheduling a program to be recorded.. i continuously get my programming filled up with junk I have already rejected.
Please, in the next version put a test in so that thumbs down programming will not be recorded over and over and over....
atavar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #2 (Print)
VinceA

Send a message via ICQ to VinceA Send a message via AIM to VinceA
Thumbs only control suggestions. If a program matches the criteria for either a Season Pass or Wish List, it'll get recorded.
VinceA is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #3 (Print)
megazone
Hardcore TiVo Geek

Send a message via ICQ to megazone Send a message via AIM to megazone Send a message via Yahoo to megazone
Right. The unit, rightly, presumes that if you deliberately asked for something - via SP, ARWL, or manual request, then you must want that recorded - regardless of the ratings. Imagine a household with multiple people. A doesn't like a show and thumbs it down, B requests a recording - then it doesn't record because of the rating. Not good.

Also, don't use three thumbs down too much. One thumb down is enough to keep it from ever recording as a suggestion. Remember that the thumbs are not just on that show - but on anyone and anything associated with the show - actors, directors, genre, etc. Three thumbs down is strong poison, and you can poison a lot of content from ever recording by being too negative.

megazone is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:42 PM   #4 (Print)
dagap

Or just turn off suggestions.

I'm already way behind on watching my season pass stuff. Sure don't need the Tivo adding more stuff added to the backlog.
dagap is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #5 (Print)
megazone
Hardcore TiVo Geek

Send a message via ICQ to megazone Send a message via AIM to megazone Send a message via Yahoo to megazone
The original poster wasn't talking about Suggestions.

megazone is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #6 (Print)
atavar

No... this had nothing to do with suggestions, but if I have specific shows that I do not want to watch then why does it seem to prefer them. Sorry, but I do not see any "poison" effect from the thumbs down.. today I had eight more thumbs down programs on the list.. I think the thumbs are just a placebo to make us feel better,.. and have no effect in the programming whatsoever... even wishlist recordings SHOULD be moderated by the thumbs, otherwise what is the point of having them?? why have a "this is bad" indicator if it goes ahead and orders bad stuff?
As far as multiple person households.. that's a personal issue you need too work out.. the other people in your household could just as easily modify your wishlist ... so this is a family issue, not a tivo issue..
So I say again.. Tivo -- PLEASE let thumbs ratings interact with wishlists..
atavar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #7 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by atavar
No... this had nothing to do with suggestions, but if I have specific shows that I do not want to watch then why does it seem to prefer them. Sorry, but I do not see any "poison" effect from the thumbs down.. today I had eight more thumbs down programs on the list.. I think the thumbs are just a placebo to make us feel better,.. and have no effect in the programming whatsoever... even wishlist recordings SHOULD be moderated by the thumbs, otherwise what is the point of having them?? why have a "this is bad" indicator if it goes ahead and orders bad stuff?
As far as multiple person households.. that's a personal issue you need too work out.. the other people in your household could just as easily modify your wishlist ... so this is a family issue, not a tivo issue..
So I say again.. Tivo -- PLEASE let thumbs ratings interact with wishlists..

Thumbs only work with suggestions.

Otherwise, the Tivo records what you are telling it to.

If you aren't talking about suggestions, then it is recording things because you told it too, and no amount of thumbs is going to change that.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-25-2005, 09:23 PM   #8 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
Yeah, check out your season passes and stuff and make sure it's not in there. And Wish Lists

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post