Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #1 (Print)
onelane

Help! DTV Tivo-stuck in reboot loop

Forgive me if this is well covered. My DTV Hughes Tivo kept locking at 95%. Now my tivo will not finish booting up, it goes to the Welcome powering up screen, and then eventualy to the few more moments screen, but then goes BACK to the Welcome screen.

Its stuck in this loop. I've unplugged it. went through the menu and told to restart. Prior to this it kept getting hung up at 95% acquiring data??
suggestions, ideas?

I have the weaknees extra hard drive kit i, so i have like 135 hours of capacity, and likely over 100 hours used.... I dont have a backup of any kind. I only added a 2nd hard drive, I left the original in place. Dont know if that makes a difference or not?? I assume the primary drive, which is almost 2 years old is the problem as the 2nd drive is about 8 months old. If the solution involves hacking, then I will post in the Underground section, but my thinking is the 2nd drive is unrelated to this problem.

thanks

I have tried disconnecting the 2nd drive added, and the problem persists. I'm not real familiar with all the diagnostic tests you can run on these drives, and I also use a Apple, so it does me little good.
onelane is offline Report Bad Post Report Post