TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #421 (Print)
cal_s7

Regarding the Cab driver. Thats not what they said on the radio this morning. They just said you could not break the law.

They did yell at the airline person. Listen to the link.

Hmm. I guess I don't post enough to post a link.
Copy and past if you want..... Hmm. That did not work.

google "96x edmonton canada" its the first link.
Go to the" The BJ & Shannon X-Perience" for the link to the mp3.
cal_s7 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #422 (Print)
Rojma
HD & Tivo Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rojma
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97
As a side note. I have been trying to catch up on past seasons of TAR (just finishing up Season 2 now). Is any else doing this and having a hard time not finding out past winners. I don't expect people to spoilerize (tag). I just wanted to throw that out there.

Ok this might be a little nieve of me, but how are you watching old seasons??? Season 1 is not even out on DVD yet. I'm eagerly awaiting it because it contains the only two episodes I have ever missed of TAR. I missed the first two episodes of TAR1 because I didn't catch on and start watching it till the third episode, and I've been hooked ever since. Thanks to my Tivo, I have caught every episode since then!

Actually, I almost missed the finale of TAR 2 because my Tivo took a dump that night! Luckily I posted on the boards that I had missed it and someone very kindly offered to send it to me on VHS, so I was finally able to watch that episode too.
Rojma is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #423 (Print)
Rojma
HD & Tivo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_s7
Regarding the Cab driver. Thats not what they said on the radio this morning. They just said you could not break the law.

They did yell at the airline person. Listen to the link.

Hmm. I guess I don't post enough to post a link.
Copy and past if you want..... Hmm. That did not work.

google "96x edmonton canada" its the first link.

Wow that interview revealed a lot. Turns out Rob convinced the ticket agent to lie to U&J about the earlier flight and that there wasn't one. U&J went to another ticket agent and found out about the flight and proceded to the gate. Well standing at the gate was no other than the ticket agent that had lied to them. Ucheena then got upset at her about lying to him, and he yelled at her. Trying to save face (and her job), that same ticket agent was the one who called the pilot and asked if they could be let on. I assumed she BEGGED to let them on since it was her ass on the line.

Now that story makes sense and explains a lot!

It also makes sense that the TAR producers did not show this because it would have made American Airlines, a sponsor, look REALLY bad, similar to how it made them look bad last season after a simialr situation.

In TAR6, Kris & Jon were told by an American employee that their flight was the fastest from Hawaii to Chicago, when in fact it was a United flight that got to Chicago 30 minutes earlier. Kendra and Freddy ended up taking that United flight, and the rest is history. IMO, it made American, a big sponser of the show, look REALLY bad that one of their agents flat out lied.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #424 (Print)
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Send a message via AIM to Waldorf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojma
Trying to save face (and her job), that same ticket agent was the one who called the pilot and asked if they could be let on. I assumed she BEGGED to let them on since it was her ass on the line.

This definitely falls under the definition of shenanigans.
Waldorf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #425 (Print)
Alpinemaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97
Actually, it was ONE team that was an entire day BEHIND. I still found it interesting to see the other two teams race to the finish. How was that so horrible?

As a side note. I have been trying to catch up on past seasons of TAR (just finishing up Season 2 now). Is any else doing this and having a hard time not finding out past winners. I don't expect people to spoilerize (tag). I just wanted to throw that out there.

I did what you're doing, after Race 5 last year. It was easy - just don't looking for info! (Or, ignore it when you see it). Even when I did find out the winners in some cases, I didn't let it spoil it for me. It was the journey, not the finish, that I enjoyed.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #426 (Print)
Alpinemaps

Quote:
In TAR6, Kris & Jon were told by an American employee that their flight was the fastest from Hawaii to Chicago, when in fact it was a United flight that got to Chicago 30 minutes earlier. Kendra and Freddy ended up taking that United flight, and the rest is history. IMO, it made American, a big sponser of the show, look REALLY bad that one of their agents flat out lied.

Well....although that's true about the flight, that's not what did in Kris & John. K&J and Freddie & Kendra ended up on the same L train in from O'Hara. K&J couldn't find the Water Tower as quickly as F&K did.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #427 (Print)
Rojma
HD & Tivo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinemaps
Well....although that's true about the flight, that's not what did in Kris & John. K&J and Freddie & Kendra ended up on the same L train in from O'Hara. K&J couldn't find the Water Tower as quickly as F&K did.

I don't know if that was ever confirmed. I think it was more clever editing than anything else. I think those extra 10-15 minutes that Kris & Jon could've gained would've made them win (United flight came in late and the American flight early so the overall time difference was more like 10 to 15 mintues instead of 30 minutes).
Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #428 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_s7

Good to see BJ & Shannon are still at it! I'll have to check out the site.

BJ & Shannon did a LOT of interviews with cast, crew and associated folks for the "Joe Schmo" series, both seasons...at one point, Ralph Garman [aka "Smarmy Host" here on TCF] called them the "Patron Saint" of the show...

Glad to see they're following another of my favorite shows, too.
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #429 (Print)
David Platt
Large Ebony Rooster

Send a message via AIM to David Platt
Quote:
Ok this might be a little nieve of me, but how are you watching old seasons??? Season 1 is not even out on DVD yet. I'm eagerly awaiting it because it contains the only two episodes I have ever missed of TAR. I missed the first two episodes of TAR1 because I didn't catch on and start watching it till the third episode, and I've been hooked ever since. Thanks to my Tivo, I have caught every episode since then!
You can easily pick up copies of all previous seasons on ebay, although they're obviously not legitimate releases.
David Platt is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #430 (Print)
devdogaz
Member in Law

Send a message via AIM to devdogaz
Quote:

I thought that too when the show originally aired, but the interviews with the racers after the finale revealed that they were not, in fact, on the same train and F&K had a lead the whole time. The editing made it look much closer than it really was.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #431 (Print)
Kylep
Doomed! (DOOMED!)

I removed the NCIS spoiler, sorry about that, i was in rant mode and didn't mean to spoil anything for anyone.

My bad.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #432 (Print)
David Ortiz
Yankee Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylep
I removed the NCIS spoiler, sorry about that, i was in rant mode and didn't mean to spoil anything for anyone.

My bad.

Too bad so many people quoted your spoiler when complaining about it.
David Ortiz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #433 (Print)
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz
Too bad so many people quoted your spoiler when complaining about it.

I removed mine. I encourage anyone else that quoted Kyle to do the same.

tk

Old 05-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #434 (Print)
Alpinemaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdogaz
I thought that too when the show originally aired, but the interviews with the racers after the finale revealed that they were not, in fact, on the same train and F&K had a lead the whole time. The editing made it look much closer than it really was.

I could have sworn they showed them on the same train during the episode, but if you guys have seen interviews where they are saying they haven't, then I stand corrected.

I knew the editing at the very end made it seem like it was very close (can K&J run past the train? Oh, they can't!) If you listen in the background, it's pretty far along the interview of F&K at the finish line, when you hear a train. Don't know if it's the same train, but it's obvious at that point they weren't just right behind them.

Old 05-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #435 (Print)
devdogaz
Member in Law

Send a message via AIM to devdogaz
Quote:
I could have sworn they showed them on the same train during the episode, but if you guys have seen interviews where they are saying they haven't, then I stand corrected.

I knew the editing at the very end made it seem like it was very close (can K&J run past the train? Oh, they can't!) If you listen in the background, it's pretty far along the interview of F&K at the finish line, when you hear a train. Don't know if it's the same train, but it's obvious at that point they weren't just right behind them.

I'm not going all the way back through this thread to find it, but someone early in this thread posted that K&J were a good 40 minutes behind F&K at the finish line. Not sure where that info came from but it seems entirely possible.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:24 AM   #436 (Print)
getbak

Quote:

During the episode they showed Kris saying that they were on the same train from the airport as Freddy & Kendra, but it has since been revealed that she was apparently incorrect when she said that.

The segment was edited to make it look like they were on different cars of the same train, but they were never in the same shot, so anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdogaz
I'm not going all the way back through this thread to find it, but someone early in this thread posted that K&J were a good 40 minutes behind F&K at the finish line. Not sure where that info came from but it seems entirely possible.

I believe that came from an interview that Lori & Bolo gave after the race. I thought it was only 10 minutes or so.

On the show we did see Kris & Jon arriving at the Pizza place as F&K were leaving it, so they should have had a significant lead in the end.

Old 05-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #437 (Print)
David Platt
Large Ebony Rooster

Send a message via AIM to David Platt
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak
I believe that came from an interview that Lori & Bolo gave after the race. I thought it was only 10 minutes or so.
I actually just listened to this interview a couple of weeks ago-- he did say that Kris & Jon were only about 10-15 minutes behind before the train got them.
David Platt is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #438 (Print)
bcrider
TiVo Rebel

Amazing Pic

On Thursday (5/12/2005), my wife and I were returning home from a wonderful vacation in Jamaica (stayed at the Club RIU All Inclusive) and I was taking a bunch of pics in the taxi on the way to the Donald Sangster International Airport.

We hadn't seen the finale yet and were hoping to make it home before anyone spoiled it for us and we were able to do just that. We were very surprised to see part of the finale having taken place in Jamaica and after going through a bunch of my digital pics, I came across the one I've attached of the "Onion House".

Our driver even mentioned the "Round Hill" and some cottages on it but I couldn't find a pic of that. Oh well, thought I'd share the pic (sans the "Onion House" sign). Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 228_small.jpg (24.5 KB, 65 views)

bcrider is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 AM   #439 (Print)
tedder
Irregular

tedder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post