Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-30-2005, 10:59 PM   #1 (Print)
jjberger2134

No PC icon on Now Playing List....

Hey everyone, I have had my home network setup for almost 2 months and have been exploring all of the awesome network features on my 2 TiVo's.

Until 2-3 days ago, everything worked perfectly. My setup is as follows: Sony SVR-3000 and TiVo 540 (40hr.) both connected with a Linksys USB 200M wired adaptor connected to my Linksys WRT54G router. The Linksys adapters work fine (green lights) and the network seems to be working properly as is almost all of the network TiVo functionality.

-On each TiVo I can see the other TiVo, as well as transfer shows between the two.
-On my PC I can see each TiVo and Transfer shows to the PC.
-On each TiVo the network connection is healthy and new program info, as well as Rocketboom updates/downloads each day.
-On each TiVo I can view Photos and listen to the music that is on my PC as well as use the games and Yahoo stuff (weather, traffic, etc.)

Here is the weird part, with everything working as described above, I cannot see my PC on either TiVo. The TiVo software is running, and I have the little TiVo icon on the system tray on the PC. Additionally, I have restarted the PC numerous times, as well as confirmed all the settings in the TiVo software. I have pushed the Pause/Resume button in the TiVo software. Additionally, I have confirmed in my firewall that the TiVo Beacon is set to "allow".

Am I missing something? Why would this work fine for weeks then all of a sudden stop? Why would I have all of the functions except for one? It seems the problem is in the PC but I just can not figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

jjberger2134 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #2 (Print)
jjberger2134

I just restarted each DVR and they seem to have re-established the connection with the PC. I did not really think the problem was in the DVR since the same symptoms were on each TiVo. I automatically assumed the problem was on the PC and not the TiVo's. Seems strange that each TiVo lost connectivity to the PC at the same time and only was reconnected by a forced restart.

jjberger2134 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post