July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2004, 08:07 PM   #1 (Print)
VaJim

2nd Line Dilema

Well I'm just about convinced that running the 2nd line to my Tivo is not something I want to do. Tonight I took a peek under the house and although it's fairly new (2 yrs old), the top of the crawlspace is covered with the pink insulation. In my non-mechanical mind this appears to be a problem when trying to drill any type of hole up into the wall.

Another thought did come to mind;....there is another catv wall plate located on the same wall as my tivo. It's up and to the right about 6-8'. The fireplace sits in the corner and the builder wanted you to put your TV in that corner. We didn't use that connection. I'm wondering if I could use that back at the Tivo? I'm sure the line there goes back to the junction box in the foyer. What I don't know is how it gets there. The thought is, take the junction box containing my current connection out of the wall and see if I can see another RG6 cable in the area. May not work for it's probably tacked down. Just not sure. But if I could pull it back and bring it into my current plate, then i could find it's end in the foyer closer and connect the 2 males end of RG6and then back out to the dish in the crawlspace. All that would require is dropping another line down back behind the foyer closet into the crawlspace and out the vent like what the last installer did.

Bottom line, I may have to call in a pro. D* wants $100 for a standard install and you pay the installer for any custom work. It can't get any harder...ugh!

Also up on the dish, is it best to put your connector on after you've pushed your cable through the arm? That's the other problem if that's the case, I don't have the proper tools to do any crimping.

Thanks for listening.
VaJim is offline Report Bad Post Report Post