Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #1 (Print)
larrs

Policies on multiple boxes

As I posted before, I have a series I box with lifetime service and two other Tivos in my home. I am considering taking the series I to my condo. Is this possible without affecting my multi-family discount on the other two boxes? Does it matter that the other boxes are on my network and only the series I uses a phone line?

Sony SVR-2000 140hrs
Humax DRT-800 300hrs
Toshivo RS-TX20 140 hrs
Humax DRT-800 80hrs
larrs is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #2 (Print)
stevel
Dumb Blond

Read the service agreement. I have excerpted the relevant section below. See item B.

Quote:
2. General Eligibility. In addition to the requirements for Initial Eligibility detailed above, the following additional General Eligibility requirements also must be complied with in their entirety:

A. Same Registered Account Holder. All TiVo DVRs eligible for the MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT must be registered to the same TiVo customer account.

B. Same TiVo Service Address. All TiVo DVRs eligible for the MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT must be located and calling in from the same TiVo service (or TiVo Plus service) address as the Qualifying Subscription.

C. Limited Number Of TiVo Service Subscriptions. The MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT is limited to a maximum of five (5) additional TiVo service or TiVo Plus service subscriptions per Qualifying Subscription. For example, a registered account holder with one Qualifying Subscription may add up to an additional five (5) TiVo service subscriptions at the reduced MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT price to his or her account. The sixth (6th) additional TiVo service subscription would not qualify for the MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT and would be charged at the full Annual, Monthly, or Product Lifetime Subscription price.

D. Compliance With Service Agreement. All terms of each of the registered account holder's TiVo Service Agreement or TiVo Plus Service Agreement, as applicable, must be fully complied with at all times to be eligible for the MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #3 (Print)
larrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel
Read the service agreement. I have excerpted the relevant section below. See item B.

Understood. Now for the relevant question: Anyone aware if Tivo enforces this?

Sony SVR-2000 140hrs
Humax DRT-800 300hrs
Toshivo RS-TX20 140 hrs
Humax DRT-800 80hrs
larrs is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #4 (Print)
mick66
Exit, stage left

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrs
Anyone aware if Tivo enforces this?

As far as anyone here knows, they don't actively search for such things. But that information would show up if you needed to call customer service for support.

TiVo user since May 12, 2001
TCD140060
TCD24008A
TCD540040
mick66 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #5 (Print)
DavidSTiVo

Bump'n this old thread up for discussion again...

I too am thinking about getting a TiVo for a second residence of mine. It would be on my TiVo account, but on the WiFi network at my 2nd place with a different zip code for TV program info. Should I expect problems with the multi-user-discount?
DavidSTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 AM   #6 (Print)
mick66
Exit, stage left

If you've read the thread, you have the latest info as nothing has changed. As you can see, nobody has been advocating that anyone deliberately cheat the system and nobody will.

TiVo user since May 12, 2001
TCD140060
TCD24008A
TCD540040
mick66 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post