Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #1 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago and Philadelphia MPEG4 HD LIL starts today!!!!

lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #2 (Print)
Cody21

hmmm ... In the SF Bay Area, Channel 89 (FOX) is coming up as FOX in LA. Is that supposed to be the correct LIL channel number (89) ?? Even the D* Progaamming Page shows that as the LA feed .... (which I don't have a Waiver for). Or maybe I just need to be a little more patient and it will "switch" over later today??

Last edited by Cody21 : 11-22-2005 at 12:20 PM. Reason: mispelling
Cody21 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #3 (Print)
TimGoodwin
Need to time shift!

Send a message via AIM to TimGoodwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody21
hmmm ... In the SF Bay Area, Channel 89 (FOX) is coming up as FOX in LA. Is that supposed to be the correct LIL channel number (89) ?? Even the D* Progaamming Page shows that as the LA feed .... (which I don't have a Waiver for). Or maybe I just need to be a little more patient and it will "switch" over later today??

That is the national Fox feed out of Los Angeles. You need to get the new dish and H20 receiver to pick up the SF local HD channels.
TimGoodwin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #4 (Print)
Smthkd

WARNING TO RECENT HDTivo Buyers @ $299 Price!!!!

I just called D* CR line to get upgraded to MPEG4 in Atlanta, was told I was going to be charged $99 per H20 receiver because I got an HDTivo for $299! I told the CR that was BS because I never even received the mail-in rebate for $100 like they promised plus I was told that they were just trying to get rid of the HDtivo stockk because they would no longer sell Tivo to push their own DVR, well they wouldn't swap me for free! She said they were told to charge everyone $99 per H20 receiver for existing customers. I told her, that rediculous because I have a total of three HD receiver active currently on my account, two of which I bought new for $799 each, I have been an HD sub since 99 and I cant justifiy paying another $99 for each HD receiver when my current 3 are working just fine. WTF!!! Check this out everyone. When I became a D* customer I had to buy my own quipment in 1996! Look at everything I spent:

Became D* customer bought own equipment: $249
Upgraded to HD bought 2 Panny HD receiver @ $799 each total: $1600
Upgraded my D* disg to Oval: $129
Upgraded to Primer Pack for last 5 years @ $99/month : $5940
Upgraded to HDTivo recently never received $100 rebate: $299
NFLST sub for 5 years
MLB sub for 5 years
March Madness sub last 5 years
HELL I EVEN BOUGHT THE F%#@ING SPANISH CHANNELS TO FILL IN THE SPACE! AND THESE BAST4RDS WANT TO CHAGE ME ANOTHER $99 per H20. HEEEELLLLL NOOOOO! I switching to Comsuckcast! At least I want have to keep buying F%#@ING EQUIPMENT!!

Last edited by Smthkd : 11-22-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Smthkd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #5 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthkd

I just called D* CR line to get upgraded to MPEG4 in Atlanta, was told I was going to be charged $99 per H20 receiver because I got an HDTivo for $299! I told the CR that was BS because I never even received the mail-in rebate for $100 like they promised plus I was told that they were just trying to get rid of the HDtivo stockk because they would no longer sell Tivo to push their own DVR, well they wouldn't swap me for free! She said they were told to charge everyone $99 per H20 receiver for existing customers. I told her, that rediculous because I have a total of three HD receiver active currently on my account, two of which I bought new for $799 each, I have been an HD sub since 99 and I cant justifiy paying another $99 for each HD receiver when my current 3 are working just fine. WTF!!! Check this out everyone. When I became a D* customer I had to buy my own quipment in 1996! Look at everything I spent:

NFLST sub for 5 years
MLB sub for 5 years
HELL I EVEN BOUGHT THE F%#@ING SPANISH CHANNELS TO FILL IN THE SPACE! AND THESE BAST4RDS WANT TO CHAGE ME ANOTHER $99 per H20. HEEEELLLLL NOOOOO! I switching to Comsuckcast! At least I want have to keep buying F%#@ING EQUIPMENT!!

you only called once maybe you got a dum csr?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #6 (Print)
jds

Wait until the 25th to call. Rebates should start then.
jds is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #7 (Print)
Onazuka

Is it true that the new HD locals won't include UPN and WB ?
Onazuka is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 PM   #8 (Print)
SlyDog10
Chicago Cheese Head

does this new equip have DVR?

so is this just a single standard receiver they are giving out, or is this the HMO / DVR that supports the MPEG4?

Go Bucks! Go Pack!
SlyDog10 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #9 (Print)
dswallow
+258PC

Send a message via ICQ to dswallow
Quote:

NFLST sub for 5 years
MLB sub for 5 years

You were asking to swap an HR10-250 for an H20?

Heck, I'm sure you'd find people who'd happily buy you an H20 in exchange for your HR10. Just ask.
dswallow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #10 (Print)
stevel
Dumb Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyDog10
so is this just a single standard receiver they are giving out, or is this the HMO / DVR that supports the MPEG4?

Just a receiver. There is no DVR for MPEG4 until mid-2006, at least.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #11 (Print)
JPShinn

Actually, I've heard January 2006 on the HD DVR . . .

John
JPShinn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #12 (Print)
jor-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPShinn
Actually, I've heard January 2006 on the HD DVR . . .

Wouldn't surprise me if they have something at CES. But will it be a mockup, a prototype, or a finished design?

HDTivo premiered at CES 16 months before it shipped to us.
jor-el is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #13 (Print)
JPShinn

I'm only sharing 2nd hand information so I can't confirm. If the HR20-250 doesn't come soon, I guess I'll be forced into two boxes for short term: HR10-250 for tivo functionality and H20 for HD locals. My wife will just love that.
JPShinn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #14 (Print)
Cody21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGoodwin
That is the national Fox feed out of Los Angeles. You need to get the new dish and H20 receiver to pick up the SF local HD channels.

Thanks

I'm *really* getting tired of having to upgrade this D* stuff every 2-3 years .... and at MY expense ... Seriously thinking of going back to the new-and-improved CABLE ...
Cody21 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #15 (Print)
Smthkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow

Heck, I'm sure you'd find people who'd happily buy you an H20 in exchange for your HR10. Just ask.

No, just the two Panny HD receivers! I was told they will not swap the HR10 for any H20's. They were told not to do this, but the good thing is I was told that when they are available that they HDTivo's would be swappd for free! I'm just upset that they tried to charge me $99 per additional HD receiver active. I got they same reply 5 times. Thankfully by the 6th call and complaint, I got a manager that said he noticed that I had been with them for many years and a valued customer and that he would fix it so I can get 2 H20's for $99 but I still have to wait on the HD DVR to exchange for the HDTivo, but that he was notating the account to reflect everything we discuss to be sure I get the free HD DVR upgrade! The bad thing though is I was told when the installer caome out that they "WILL" take my old HD receivers away! Everything went well after the 6th try but I was told they still didn't have enough 5 LNB dish's and it will be until next week before they can install! BTW he also told me that upper management are the ones that decided to charge the $99 at the last minute because they felt like it was unfair for them to take the full brunt of upgrading that we should pay at least half the price per HD receiver unit! What a bunch of Bleep bleeps!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #16 (Print)
AbMagFab
I go where Tivo goes

Quote:
No, just the two Panny HD receivers! I was told they will not swap the HR10 for any H20's. They were told not to do this, but the good thing is I was told that when they are available that they HDTivo's would be swappd for free! I'm just upset that they tried to charge me $99 per additional HD receiver active.

#1 - You're not making much sense
#2 - You're being very inconsistent
#3 - Your panic post was completely inaccurate, as you state here they said they will do the HD DVR swap for free, but you were asking for something different.

Wow.

2x HR10 500G 3.1.5f
All-TWeb+, TyTool, caller-id

OTA HD is 100% reliable

Save me Tivo Series 3!!!!
AbMagFab is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #17 (Print)
alexandrepsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow

I should stop answering to threads from work, I read it in half and my assumption was wrong.

Never mind.
alexandrepsf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #18 (Print)
dswallow
+258PC

Send a message via ICQ to dswallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrepsf
I should stop answering to threads from work, I read it in half and my assumption was wrong.

Never mind.

Huh?
dswallow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #19 (Print)
Smthkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab
#1 - You're not making much sense
#2 - You're being very inconsistent
#3 - Your panic post was completely inaccurate, as you state here they said they will do the HD DVR swap for free, but you were asking for something different.

Wow.

1. No Im not your not reading the whole thread.
2. Im not being inconsistant - my statement are uniform and complete
3. Your still not reading, I strictly said they where trying to charge me $99 for my other 2 basic HD receivers and they said they are not and will not trade my HDTivo for a a third H20 but only for HD DVR which wont be available unit sometime in 06', but when they do they have been instructed to offer a free upgrade to replace the HDTivo for the HD DVR but not the basic H20 HD units.

My question to you is, where is your logic and how did you find inconsistancy in my post when I have not made any!? That my friend deserves a Wow! Because you cant read, each statement I made include a quote of the question or statement provided!

Last edited by Smthkd : 11-22-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #20 (Print)
bdlucas
Axiomatic

To quote one of my favorite movie lines, "What we have heah, is a failuh ta communicate". Smthkd, you could write a little more clearly. AbFagMab, if you read closely, he is being consistent. I translate for my friend: they're exchanging his (non-DVR) HD receivers for H20s. They want to charge him $99 per for that upgrade because he already got a good (completely unrelated) deal on his HR10. He's not happy with that. They also informed him there's no upgrade for the HR10 yet. Does that help?
bdlucas is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 AM   #21 (Print)
Tracy RainH2o
Photo Man

Just curious.

Will a SD Tivo be able to record a signal from the new HD boxes? I know it will not be in HD resolution. Just wondering if it would work and how to hook it up.
Tracy RainH2o is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #22 (Print)
Smthkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlucas
To quote one of my favorite movie lines, "What we have heah, is a failuh ta communicate". Smthkd, you could write a little more clearly. AbFagMab, if you read closely, he is being consistent. I translate for my friend: they're exchanging his (non-DVR) HD receivers for H20s. They want to charge him $99 per for that upgrade because he already got a good (completely unrelated) deal on his HR10. He's not happy with that. They also informed him there's no upgrade for the HR10 yet. Does that help?

Thanks bdlucas!! Thats my point!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #23 (Print)
AbMagFab
I go where Tivo goes

Quote:

Not really, his first sentence says:
Quote:

Then he goes on to explain they said they will, in fact, trade in the HD Tivo for some future HD DVR, for free. He appears to be trying to trade in a non-HD Tivo for a non-DVR, something which has nothing to do with his original, large, headline.

He then goes on to say they won't trade the HD Tivo for a non-DVR, something that any sane person wouldn't want to do anyway, and something he then said he doesn't want to do.

Perhaps he's being consistent within his rambling paragraphs, but he's not being consistent with the "alarm" he's trying to create.

2x HR10 500G 3.1.5f
All-TWeb+, TyTool, caller-id

OTA HD is 100% reliable

Save me Tivo Series 3!!!!
AbMagFab is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #24 (Print)
bdlucas
Axiomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab
He appears to be trying to trade in a non-HD Tivo for a non-DVR, something which has nothing to do with his original, large, headline.

DirecTV has created a connection by refusing to give him a good deal because he already got a good deal on his HR10. His alarm is that the good deal he got on the HR10 appears to have a hidden cost.
bdlucas is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #25 (Print)
s_m

So, anyone in ATL up and running yet?

How does the picture quality look compared to OTA?
s_m is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #26 (Print)
hiker

Is there a date when they plan to cut off the LA HD network feeds to those of us in the SF Bay Area?
hiker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #27 (Print)
Smthkd

Quote:
DirecTV has created a connection by refusing to give him a good deal because he already got a good deal on his HR10. His alarm is that the good deal he got on the HR10 appears to have a hidden cost.

Again thank bdlucas for understanding, I can't see why its so hard for the other guy to see this!

Anyway, I finally was able to make some progress and got what I wanted or at least what I thought was a fair deal after 12 calls, 3 supervisor's and 1 manager: Check it out!

- 1st Panasonic TUHDS20 HD Receiver - Free swap for MPEG4-H20 ($99 waived).
- 2nd Panasonic TUHDS20 HD receiver - Price $99
- HR10-250 HDTivo (kept until the HD DVR is available)
- 3 LNB Oval Dish - Free swap for 5LNB Ka/Ku Dish
- Pay $14.95 for Shipping and Handling

Total Cost - $113.95
Install is scheduled for Nov 30th!

Last edited by Smthkd : 11-23-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #28 (Print)
JohnB1000

Ok, I'm highly confused here but I think I'm getting it. Can someone please confirm

* HD Locals are available in the SF DMA
* If I order a new receiver from D* I will get a non DVR receiver + a new dish and installation
* I will then receive the 4 major channels in HD but nothing else for now
* The new dish will allow me to continue to use the SD DirecTivo's I currently own
* The HD DVR will come sometime next year for an unknown upgrade price ?

Does that cover it all ?

What's the expected price of the HD with locals package ?
JohnB1000 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #29 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000
Ok, I'm highly confused here but I think I'm getting it. Can someone please confirm

* HD Locals are available in the SF DMA
* If I order a new receiver from D* I will get a non DVR receiver + a new dish and installation
* I will then receive the 4 major channels in HD but nothing else for now
* The new dish will allow me to continue to use the SD DirecTivo's I currently own
* The HD DVR will come sometime next year for an unknown upgrade price ?

Does that cover it all ?

What's the expected price of the HD with locals package ?

(1) Yes

(2) as far as we (I) know the HD LIL's will be free
Old 11-23-2005, 04:35 PM   #30 (Print)
andbye

It seems that a lot of people in these first mpeg4 roll- out cities will have HR10-250 HD-tivos along with D-tivos but no non-recording HD receivers to swap for the H20. They won't want to trade the HR10-250 for a non-recording receiver. So how is D* going to handle this mix? Even trading an R10 for a H20 doesn't sound like a good swap at this point because of the R10 's recording capability
andbye is offline Report Bad Post Report Post