Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #1 (Print)
jsampedro

Pioneer 57H Won't boot

I was taping a show the night before onto this unit, I wanted to backup some shows I have and burn them to DVD. After taping a 1 hour show the unit locked up hard, so I let it go for the night and the next day and from then on it just says "Welcome. Powering up ... " then screen blanks like it is moving on, then back to the powering up screen. I thought the drive was wiped or something, but I finally see there is partition 7 and 9 on it and all files seem to be intact. It's not hacked, and I didn't do anything besides recording one show before it started doing this.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
jsampedro is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #2 (Print)
jsampedro

Got it to go a little farther now. Used maketivoboot and now it gets to a screen where it says serious error and it needs 3 hours to repair it self.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #3 (Print)
jsampedro

Well needless to say it doesn't fix itself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

John
Old 12-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #4 (Print)
RTressler

My Tivo2 is doing the same thing... the power went out yesterday for about two hours, and when the power came back on, Tivo didn't! It's been at that same "Welcome. Powering Up..." screen all day. I haven't hacked it yet, but this is the second one to die on me in two years. How do you run that "maketivoboot" you're talking about - I'll try anything before I buy another one.
RTressler is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #5 (Print)
jsampedro

I'm far from the expert on alot of this stuff. I was hoping someone would give me a tip on what to do next with the current problem I have.

But I downloaded the program, maketivoboot, and put it on a floppy disk.

If you haven't pulled the drive yet, you have to get a image to boot up in Linux for the Tivo. Make sure to only boot up with this, no windows, or anything else. I used a spare computer that only has a cd and floppy drive, then I plug the Tivo drive in to the other IDE port.

I followed the readme with the maketivoboot and typed it exactly as it said, substituting device hda as needed.