Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #1 (Print)
bengalfreak

Tuner #1 dead/Zipper/Enhancements

After redoing my MasterBR Tivo with the Zipper and rbautch's script, I decided to do it to my daughter's DTivo also. Everything worked fine. i reloaded the drive in the Tivo and rebooted.

In guided setup, once it gets to the checking satellite signal screen I noticed that tuner #1 had no signal. I thought damn, a bad cable, now I have to make a new one. Before doing that, I swap the two cables and shockingly, it is still tuner #1 with no signal. Just to be sure, I cart the offending unit into the MasterBR and sure enough tuner 1 still has no signal.

What could I have possibly done to fry a tuner? And my options are probably to get a new unit or get a new unit. My question is this, is there any way to activate a used DTivo without extending my commitment by a year or two?

Old 12-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #2 (Print)
rbautch
Try My Zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak
After redoing my MasterBR Tivo with the Zipper and rbautch's script, I decided to do it to my daughter's DTivo also. Everything worked fine. i reloaded the drive in the Tivo and rebooted.

In guided setup, once it gets to the checking satellite signal screen I noticed that tuner #1 had no signal. I thought damn, a bad cable, now I have to make a new one. Before doing that, I swap the two cables and shockingly, it is still tuner #1 with no signal. Just to be sure, I cart the offending unit into the MasterBR and sure enough tuner 1 still has no signal.

What could I have possibly done to fry a tuner? And my options are probably to get a new unit or get a new unit. My question is this, is there any way to activate a used DTivo without extending my commitment by a year or two?
Get a used non-RID tivo. Just swap the cards, and you can activate without even talking to a CSR. You must have run the zipper with the -F (fry tuner) switch.
rbautch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #3 (Print)
mgmrick
Haven't broke yet

Send a message via AIM to mgmrick Send a message via Yahoo to mgmrick
Rbautch....I broke out in laughter on that comment

HMO,MRV,2.0 USB,CALLERID,Serial Cable,160Gig Hardrive
gunny's unguide,rbautch scripts
mgmrick is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 AM   #4 (Print)
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Get a used non-RID tivo. Just swap the cards, and you can activate without even talking to a CSR. You must have run the zipper with the -F (fry tuner) switch.

Yeah, I remember you saying something about this before. Exactly how does one go about doing it? You swap the access card in from a currently subscribed unit and then what?

Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #5 (Print)
sandpj

Call DTV and enter 722 when asked for the three digit error code. It will marry the card and DTivo.
sandpj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post