I have two 6000 series Philips DTivo boxes. One had a dead drive so I bought a 120 GB drive to use in it but am not having much luck getting a working image.
Is it a workable solution to backup the image on my second box and restore it to the 120GB drive for the first box?
I can get a very old 2.5 image on the Tivo but can NOT get it to complete a call to Tivo to setup service. It dials and can hold the line for over an hour but eventually fails. So the Tivo works but will not get DVR functions.
Will a backup from the original lower capacity drive successfully write to the 120GB drive?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on this?
I am not real interested in hacking the Tivo, I would just like to get DVR functions working.
After going through a number of different tutorials I finally achieved partial success.
I got the image from the other Tivo backed up and then restored to the new drive but even though I used the restore procedure that is supposed to update the record capacity it only recognizes the drive as having 24 hours capacity.
What do you mean by a C&DE?
I originally had hardware errors but after doing a reset erasing all settings and program info it fixed itself. I was able to connect to Tivo and my service is working but I lost my local channels. I supsect those will come back in a day or so though.
Is there a good way to update the record capacity without having to re-image the drive again? I swear the other Tivo had more than 24 hours capacity.
I gave in and tried copying the original drive to the new larger drive using:
mfsbackup -Tao /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi - /dev/hda
It tells me that the backup target is not large enough for the entire backup by itself.
It's getting a little frustrating. It tells me the source drive is a 30 hour upgraded to 39 hour. The new drive is 120GB Seagate and the system is showing it's full capacity both in the bios and during bootup with the mfstools boot cd.
Never mind. MFSADD fixed it for me.
Using the restore method that was supposed to expand the drive at the same time left me with a supposed 24hr recording capacity. Trying a direct copy that was supposed to expand at the same time would not work at all. But running mfsadd on the drive with the working image only showing 24hr fixed it.