Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #1 (Print)
rmeredith@pa.ne

TiVo for the Motorola 6412

I recently ditched D* for Comcast for two reasons. 1) HD content on D* sucks and 2) D* did wrong by me for leaving TiVo. Anyway, I have a Phase III 6412 that is currently running Comcast's pathetic DVR software. Any idea when TiVo will be released for this unit? Just wondering how long my wife & I must suffer through this. I've searched & haven't found anything other than "sometime next year".

-robert
rmeredith@pa.ne is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #2 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeredith@pa.ne
2) D* did wrong by me for leaving TiVo.

The fat lady hasn't sung just yet...

Quote:
Any idea when TiVo will be released for this unit?

Second half of next year, most likely Q4 is what I've been hearing. I assume more info will become available next week at CES.
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 08:29 AM   #3 (Print)
lajohn27
Fanboi.. So what?

Fat lady hasn't sung huh? Be interesting to know what you mean by that..

Cause from my take on the D* & TIVO relationship, the fat lady is not only done singing, but she's walked off the stage and is boinking some other (non-TIVO) guy in her dressing room!

As discussion progresses in any TCF thread where the thread resembles trolling from the first post; the likelihood of the original poster bringing up stock data nears 1.
lajohn27 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:34 AM   #4 (Print)
ADent

My S1 DTiVo still works fine with DirecTV.
ADent is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:36 AM   #5 (Print)
jones07
eff.org warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajohn27
but she's walked off the stage and is boinking some other (non-TIVO) guy in her dressing room!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 AM   #6 (Print)
jones07
eff.org warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADent
My S1 DTiVo still works fine with DirecTV.

And it will soon have the same lonely existence as UTV

Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #7 (Print)
nhaigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones07

Except it will have a new Cousin, the Cablecard HD TiVo, and this cousin will play well with others unlike the DirecTiVo.
nhaigh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #8 (Print)
jmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones07
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaigh
Except it will have a new Cousin, the Cablecard HD TiVo, and this cousin will play well with others unlike the DirecTiVo.
note:
Provo, Reno and 2-Chip are the development names for dtivo's series 1, series 2 and the r10 platforms

Ah, but the brothers Provo, Reno and their little brother 2-Chip have been moved to the end of the bench on Dave's team. Just like their distant cousin Utv, they don't get to play first-string anymore. It's not something that they have done, it's just that Dave's new family favorite (they call him "Plus") gets all the attention these days. Reno and 2-Chip can even do tricks that Plus can't touch, but Dave won't let them even show anybody in the stands. Some fans have coaxed those two into doing those tricks in the parking lot, but Dave still does not care. To acknowledge those capabilities on the field would make Plus look bad and Dave won't let that happen, no matter what the fans may be missing. They even tried to give Plus some of the tricks Utv has to try to get his fans to warm up to the new guy and some have defected. It's sad to see folks turn their backs on good old Utv just to get a chance to poke the old brothers in the eye. (it wasn't that long ago that Utv was benched to let Provo play and some fans are still understandably bitter about that)

Provo, Reno, 2-Chip and Utv still wear their uniforms and are as good as they ever were, but Plus carries the ball these days. Even though he's dropping it quite a lot lately and even the press has finally picked up on his lack-luster performance, no one really expects the brothers to play anymore.

So there they are.... Reno, Provo, 2-Chip and Utv sitting on the bench together, lots of good plays left in them, but no hope of ever getting to play in the big game anymore.

The boy's new cousin does have a chance to shine and even play in bowl games, but it's a different league. Let's hope he's as good as his kinfolk. We'll all be watching, that's for sure.

But are the boys lonely? Maybe. Forgotten? Never!
jmoak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post