Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #1 (Print)
eaglewing

Red face online scheduling and wireless adapter

Because I have upgraded my TIVO I was not sure if my question woul dbe answered elsewhere, though this isn't really about upgrading (except that's what TIVO support is blaming)

I have a working network adapter. When I use the phone line and TIVO site Online Scheduling I have no problems. When I use the approved network adapter, the TIVO is happy (mac address etc) but when I use the TIVO site online scheduling I get this message. Oops! We are unable to determine your channel lineup for this DVR. Make sure you have completed Guided Setup. Please choose another DVR or call Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486.
When I call TIVO support they say that since I upgraded my TIVO that's the problem. But it isn't the problem since with the phone line it works fine.
Any suggestions on get TIVO site online scheduling working while using the network adapter?
Steve
Or suggest another forum, please.
eaglewing is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:31 AM   #2 (Print)
MickeS

Quote:
When I call TIVO support they say that since I upgraded my TIVO that's the problem.

I was told the same thing when I had aline-up problem (though not related to online scheduling). It's BS and I told the guy so, but he insisted. I guess that's a standard reply they have once they find out you upgraded the HD.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, she knew exactly what was going on and guided me through fixing it step by step.

I suggest you run guided setup again, and if that doesn't work call, and ask for a supervisor right away.
MickeS is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #3 (Print)
eaglewing

Thanks, I did the guided setup yesterday so I would have enough time elapse before I tried. I think I will try the supervisor route. I wond if I should wait till Monday?
eaglewing is offline Report Bad Post Report Post