Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 05-31-2005, 03:07 PM   #1 (Print)
pmk

+1 Channels And Guide Data?

Ever since adding E4 and E4+1 to the channels I receive TiVo is continually recording the programmes on E4 and then on E4+1 straight after. Is this normal? Why doesn't Tribune setup their scripts so it does not do this? Is there a script that can be run each day to stop this happening?

TIA

Do you know of a new series starting soon? A special one off episode? Seen a trailer for a new series? Post details to the following special thread to help out other TiVo users who have missed the trailers. Click here for the special New Series Thread
pmk is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 05:29 AM   #2 (Print)
dogsbody

Send a message via ICQ to dogsbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk
Ever since adding E4 and E4+1 to the channels I receive TiVo is continually recording the programmes on E4 and then on E4+1 straight after. Is this normal?
Are these session passes that you have set up or TiVo suggestions??

If they are suggestions then I guess they just match your profile so it records however I have the flip side of the problem. I set a session pass to record a program on the discovery channel and then set TiVo to record a one off program at the same time. I would love the TiVo to automatically record the prog from Discovery+1 instead but it doesn't
dogsbody is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 05:41 AM   #3 (Print)
dogsbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
I set a session pass to record a program on the discovery channel and then set TiVo to record a one off program at the same time. I would love the TiVo to automatically record the prog from Discovery+1 instead but it doesn't

I have just been reading http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ad.php?t=242476, it looks like the TiVo should do this but i had bad data!!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #4 (Print)
GarySargent

You should be able to do the following if the guide data is good...

Set a season pass for programme X on channel Y.
Set a season pass for programme X on channel Y+1.

Programme X should only be recorded once. If TiVo could record both it will still only record it once (choosing the channel which is highest in the Season Pass Manager I think).

If you only set a recording for channel Y, it won't automatically try and record the episode on Y+1.

http://www.tivobugs.co.uk » List of current bugs and problems.
GarySargent is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #5 (Print)
iankb

The TiVo will only select programmes to record from both a base channel and a +1 channel, if you have set up a Season Pass for each channel. Having done that, the TiVo will avoid recording the same episode twice, so long as the guide data correctly identifies the two channels as showing the same episode.

Wishlists will record from multiple channels, but aren't as accurate as Season Passes.

There is no inbuilt association between a +1 channel and its base channel.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus
iankb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:59 AM   #6 (Print)
dogsbody

Sorry to hijack the thread but it is on topic.

Why is it when I set the following...

SP - Top Gear - BBC2 - Sunday - 20:00 - 21:00
SP - Mythbusters - Discovery - Sunday - 20:00 - 21:00
SP - Mythbusters - Discovery+1 - Sunday - 21:00 - 22:00

... then only Top Gear records!? The first Mythbusters clashes and the second says it won't records as it's a duplicate!? When I change the order to...

SP - Top Gear - BBC2 - Sunday - 20:00 - 21:00
SP - Mythbusters - Discovery+1 - Sunday - 21:00 - 22:00
SP - Mythbusters - Discovery - Sunday - 20:00 - 21:00

...It records both. If it was bad data then it woudln't say it was a duplicate!? Very strange.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:49 AM   #7 (Print)
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

I expect it's picking up a later showing of that Mythbusters on Discovery. It processes each SP in sequence and doesn't optimise to get the earliest possible showing between SPs.

There's a Mythbusters marathon this weekend, so it's probably picking up the showing then.

Author of EndPad, DailyMail and others now run by other generous souls. Setup: MCE hub feeds 3 x 360s from 2 x DVB-T tuners and 1 x Sky via TiVo+eTivo. Sky+HD coming 22/5.
sanderton is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #8 (Print)
pmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankb
Wishlists will record from multiple channels, but aren't as accurate as Season Passes. There is no inbuilt association between a +1 channel and its base channel.

Thanks I use Auto Recording Wish Lists for 99% of my programmes. I will keep an eye out for this duplication happenning again perhaps I have just been unlucky.

For anyone who knows how to program TiVo I can definately see an opening for a script that could be run as a Cron job which would stop this ever happenning on all +1 channels

TIA

Do you know of a new series starting soon? A special one off episode? Seen a trailer for a new series? Post details to the following special thread to help out other TiVo users who have missed the trailers. Click here for the special New Series Thread
pmk is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #9 (Print)
iankb

My comment about the (in)accuracy of Wishlists is more to do with picking up unexpected programmes because of similar titles, old series on other channels, and missing recordings because they subtly changed the programme title. The 28-day rule that prevents duplicate recordings should apply to both Wishlists and Season Passes.

Since Tribune opened their European office, I have had exactly the same problem as you with the +1 channels, and I use Season Passes. This is almost certainly because of incorrectly-coded guide data, where the episodes are not being given the same id on the two channels.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus
iankb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post