THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #1 (Print)
EarlyTiVoUser
TiVo Foot Soldier

Suggestion for New Online Services

Hello.

I've received the new online service update on one of my TiVos and have found where just about all of them would be of help to me. I use Fandango for movie ticket ordering on my PC. I was already a Yahoo subscriber and obtained my weather information from there. I was not much of a podcast listener before this but now I can see what I was missing and am hooked.

I have a suggestion for an additional service that I think could be very useful and I hope TiVoPony is listening.

Like a lot of us I shop over the Internet. My purchases come from UPS, Federal Express and so on. I get the tracking number from Amazon or whoever in an email and I go to the courier's web site to track my package. Why should I have do this from a PC? The input of the package's tracking number is no worse than putting in a URL for a new podcast or specifying the title of a program I want to TiVo.

Could we have a specialized window among the online services supplied by TiVo to allow us to track packages we are waiting on for from a courier?

I have other suggestions and over time I'll float them onto the forum (and I hope others will do the same ) but this is the first that immediately comes to mind.

Again, however, I am really pleased with this latest upgrade to my TiVo experience. I hope the people at TiVo keep on going with additions to the suite of online services. You guys have hit this one out of the park and have touched all of the bases.

Thanks.

- HMO with Multi Room Viewing
- Wired and wireless TiVos networked
EarlyTiVoUser is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #2 (Print)
HotStuff2

Thumbs down

TiVo isn't WebTV.

The addition of web-based content is based on video (TV, movie) and some audio content (which I think is useless on TiVo, but hey, that's just me.) Tracking your packages using your TiVo? How does that relate to TV shows, movies, or even audio?

Again, TiVo is not WebTV.
HotStuff2 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #3 (Print)
classicsat
Astute User

It doesn't, but with HME it seems pretty easy to track packages, if one can track Ebay auction now.

classicsat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #4 (Print)
manielse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStuff2
TiVo isn't WebTV.

Agreed but it's getting close and some of the "other options" are forcing this market to almost have to become more of a WebTV. The words "Media Center" are really making the words "Personal Video Recorder" sound very insignificant.

I love my TiVos but if it wasn't for my lifetime subscriptions...I may have switched to the darkside already.

Just my personal thoughts...
manielse is offline Report Bad Post Report Post