Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-29-2005, 10:35 AM   #1 (Print)
Neotrin

Customer Service Problem

Tivo's customer service is driving me crazy! I bought one of the box plus 1 year service deals and they "forgot" to tell me how to go about activating it. Since my choices were "monthly" or "gift certificate", I activated using monthly. Now they have my one year prepayment AND are billing me monthly. I have been trying to get this fixed for three weeks and all they can tell me is that "they are working on it". As my 30 day cancellation opportunity is coming to an end, I have to consider cancelling out.

Is cancelling the service and sending back the box the only way I can get this done? Despite my frustration with their customer service, I really like Tivo. Suggestions?
Neotrin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #2 (Print)
keith021773

Try PMing TivoJerry or TivoPony on here because they work for Tivo. They might be able to get the ball rolling alittle bit faster in the right direction.

2 40 hr Tivo's -- Life is good with MRV and TTG

DaddyPlace.com - A Community for dads, by dads to help dads.
www.Daddyplace.com
keith021773 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 AM   #3 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

TiVoOpsMgr can most likely help on this one.

Have you asked if you cancel the monthly service - can you reactivate the unit with the 1 year service?
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #4 (Print)
Neotrin

Have you asked if you cancel the monthly service - can you reactivate the unit with the 1 year service?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what they say "they are working on". I mean really, how complicated can this be?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #5 (Print)
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

Hi Neotrin, sorry to hear you had trouble. Not sure who you're working with already, but can you please e-mail me (estephen@tivo.com) your contact info -- I'll make sure this gets straightened out. Apologies again for the confusion.

Best regards,
Stephen

NOTE: Due to the volume of Private Messages I received, I constantly had a full inbox, so I have disabled Private Messages. Please send me an e-mail instead. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!
TiVoOpsMgr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #6 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotrin
Since my choices were "monthly" or "gift certificate", I activated using monthly.

I agree that is somewhat confusing and not labeled accurately... I pre-paid for a year on a recent unit and wasn't exactly sure how to proceed either. I think in the end I took a second look at the sheet that covers my pre-payment and it said Gift Certificate.
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:06 PM   #7 (Print)
Neotrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
I agree that is somewhat confusing and not labeled accurately... I pre-paid for a year on a recent unit and wasn't exactly sure how to proceed either. I think in the end I took a second look at the sheet that covers my pre-payment and it said Gift Certificate.

Iwas not so lucky. They didn't send me anything about the gift certificate.