July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #361 (Print)
NoThru22
Aspirin Roulette

Send a message via AIM to NoThru22
Lost Season 2 has only had 4 episodes but I think it's maintaining the quality of the first season. Shannon has not had a flashback episode yet (the next one is going to be.)

A lot of people don't realize how other countries of the world still have such distinct classes. In America a "poor" person can afford a nice outfit, a Playstation 2, and a moderate TV. These might be the same things a fabolously wealthy person will have (though not in the same quantity of course.) There are still many countries in the world where being poor means being poor like Pre-1900 America.
NoThru22 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #362 (Print)
jkeegan

No one wants to be the spoiler police, but come on, there again that's a spoiler..

seven syllables
(kee gan dot org slash ti vo )
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #363 (Print)
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22
Lost Season 2 has only had 4 episodes but I think it's maintaining the quality of the first season. Shannon has not had a flashback episode yet

A lot of people don't realize how other countries of the world still have such distinct classes. In America a "poor" person can afford a nice outfit, a Playstation 2, and a moderate TV. These might be the same things a fabolously wealthy person will have (though not in the same quantity of course.) There are still many countries in the world where being poor means being poor like Pre-1900 America.

5 episodes
cherry ghost is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #364 (Print)
mohler7154

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966
Her. Alex is a girl.

Did I miss something? I don't remember Rosseau saying it was her daughter.
mohler7154 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #365 (Print)
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohler7154
Did I miss something? I don't remember Rosseau saying it was her daughter.

Yes. You missed something.

I don't remember the episode, but she did say that Alex was/is her daughter.

Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #366 (Print)
Artfreak

I think Locke's comment about not finding what you want until you stop looking was a blanket idea/philosophy for all of those on the island.

It seems as if everyone there was looking for something either before the crash, or after.
Artfreak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 06:34 PM   #367 (Print)
desulliv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't expect every little "clue" to be meaningful. It's like finding Easter Eggs on a DVD or doing a word search puzzle. Part of the fun it just finding them. Some things will be meaningful, some won't be.

I don't believe for a second that the producers are speaking to us through Locke's statement. His words there are in keeping with his character and the way he's been talking right from the start before the producers had a chance to get any fan feedback. Frankly, I think the producers love that the fans do this, and are playing into it purposely and willingly knowing that it adds to the interest, and perhaps therefore the ratings.

You can speak for me on this one. Spot on.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #368 (Print)
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfreak
I think Locke's comment about not finding what you want until you stop looking was a blanket idea/philosophy for all of those on the island.

Both those on the island and those obsessed viewers researching obsure websites for clues. The witers have to be busting their guts laughing about all the net folks here running around chasing their tails.
philw1776 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #369 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776
Both those on the island and those obsessed viewers researching obsure websites for clues. The witers have to be busting their guts laughing about all the net folks here running around chasing their tails.

Shows like this just make some people go nuts reading way too much into things

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #370 (Print)
RegBarc
MJITKOP

Send a message via AIM to RegBarc
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak

Exodus Part I, best as my memory can recall.

It's where she comes to the survivor's beach camp to tell them of the black smoke.

James, the Merciful's books

"Man cannot make principles; he can only discover them." - Thomas Paine
RegBarc is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #371 (Print)
Delta13
Tivo Power!

2 odd thoughts came to me after I watched the episode again -

First, after the dirty-legs group walks by Jin asks Eko an odd question. "Michael?" and Eko answers "No, they don't have him."

Why did Jin have to ask? And if he couldn't see faces how could Eko? And perhaps more on-thought here, if Jin couldn't see any faces then he wouldn't know if it were Alex or Walt walking by with the teddy bear. And if it had been Walt then I would have expected him to say so instead of "Michael".

Second, I now not so sure about the conversation that takes place when Jin finds Goodwin staked out in the jungle. (Alas poor Goodwin, we never knew ye.) After Eko says "His name was Goodwin" Jin points to the body and says "Others?" to which Eko glances down and then nods his head.

At first I thought Eko was confirming that the Others did it to Goodwin. I'm sure that's what Jin was asking. But Eko might have meant that Goodwin was one of the Others. Whole 'nother meaning, then.

Just .02 cents worth and I fully expect change back.
Delta13 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #372 (Print)
Redux
No intent to annoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapixel
I just wonder if many of you who are making anagrams of character's names and pausing to translate Korean job applications/newspapers to find clues are going to be disappointed when the mystery turns out to be mundane, or doesn't tie everything together?

We are legion.

If that happens, there will be massive protests across the country (or at least in certain parts of California). Lots of bad press for Bob Iger, who will be recalled from office in a special election by the Board of Directors and replaced with Daffy Duck.

One might expect the Disney (ABC/etc) Board to vote in _Donald_, but recall elections are bizzare and the favorite at the moment, among the Ducks, is the dim-witted, strange, inexperienced (but charismatic) Daffy.
Redux is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #373 (Print)
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta13
First, after the dirty-legs group walks by Jin asks Eko an odd question. "Michael?" and Eko answers "No, they don't have him."

Why did Jin have to ask? And if he couldn't see faces how could Eko? And perhaps more on-thought here, if Jin couldn't see any faces then he wouldn't know if it were Alex or Walt walking by with the teddy bear. And if it had been Walt then I would have expected him to say so instead of "Michael".

Quote:
He sees a footprint.

EKO: A round heel. This is fresh. These tracks...

JIN: Michael.

EKO: Yes, Michael. They don't leave tracks.

They continue on, but Eko stops suddenly to look and listen. Jin says something in Korean but Eko ignores him. Jin says it louder and Eko puts his hand over Jin's mouth and shushes him. Then we see them hidden in the brush with just their eyes showing. Then we see several sets of legs walking by, the last one carrying a teddy bear hanging from a string.

Jin and Eko get up from their hiding place, and Jin makes to follow the people that walked by.

JIN: Michael.

EKO: No, they don't have him. They came from that way [pointing.] Your friend went that way [pointing in the other direction], crossed ahead of them... very lucky.

Interesting... I thought that Jin was asking if the Others were tracking Michael, but Eko's response seems to match what you said.
thenightfly42 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 AM   #374 (Print)
jlb

Ok, so this is mere coincidence, and character actors are just that, but on Sunday night's Grey's Anatomy, the man who plays the "Doctor" in the Hanso Orientation film played in Grey's the father of a woman who had a tumor. The father then called a Shaman in to heal his daughter.

Again, this is nothing to our Lost mystery, but I found it amusing nonetheless......Although, if ABC/Disney will create "fake" web-sites, would they put clues in another one of the network's shows.......Just kidding....but...you never know.....

Old 10-25-2005, 07:21 AM   #375 (Print)
dswallow
+258PC

Send a message via ICQ to dswallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb
...Although, if ABC/Disney will create "fake" web-sites, would they put clues in another one of the network's shows.......Just kidding....but...you never know.....

You're trying to identify the people with no life, aren't you?
dswallow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #376 (Print)
mohler7154

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak

If anyone does remember which episode this was in please let me know. I'd like to rewatch it.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #377 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Send a message via AIM to hefe
Quote:
If anyone does remember which episode this was in please let me know. I'd like to rewatch it.

Last season, from Exodus Part I

Danielle: "Our ship went aground on this island 16 years ago. There were 6 of us - my team, 6. At that time I was already 7 months pregnant. I delivered the infant myself. The baby and I were together for only 1 week when I saw black smoke - a pillar of black smoke 5 kilometers inland. That night they came - they came and took her - Alex. They took my baby. And now, they're coming again. They're coming for all of you."

Follow The Amazing Race in Google Earth. Complete through leg 6.
hefe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:45 PM   #378 (Print)
mohler7154

I was thinking

follows a spoiler based on a preview

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
I was thinking that the most logical person to be "lost forever" was walt. He is shown in the preview, and he is already appearing in visions that shannon is having. People usually don't appear in visions until they are dead. I'm probably wrong but what the who.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #379 (Print)
Mike20878
Jake's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ
I thought the person holding the bear was white? I paused it and saw white legs. So I don't think it was Walt. Not to mention Mr. Eko said Walt wasn't with them. AND Walt did not have a bear with him before the kidnapping.

So my vote no WALT. Maybe the French chicks kid though....

I thought he said Michael wasn't with them. Or that he went a different direction. Does our script master have that dialog?

Old 10-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #380 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20878
I thought he said Michael wasn't with them. Or that he went a different direction. Does our script master have that dialog?

Scroll up 6 posts.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #381 (Print)
Collier

Quote:
follows a spoiler based on a preview

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read) I was thinking that the most logical person to be "lost forever" was walt. He is shown in the preview, and he is already appearing in visions that shannon is having. People usually don't appear in visions until they are dead. I'm probably wrong but what the who.

A major FEMALE character is dying
Collier is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #382 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Once again I curse the fact that spoilers show up on e-mail notificatiion...

Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #383 (Print)
Mike20878
Jake's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966
Scroll up 6 posts.

Not my fault... the poster should have quoted the original post as I did.

I searched for the quoted text to try to be sure I wasn't smeeking.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #384 (Print)
canonelan2
Imagineer

Have any of you seen this...

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.p...rticle&sid=1314

Wonder if that video is a fake or an official leak.

My DVD List
NOW IMPROVED WITH AVATAR!! Mmmmm Beer!
+575
canonelan2 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:00 PM   #385 (Print)
ced6
Homecoming ~ 1993

Send a message via AIM to ced6
Quote:
Originally Posted by smickola
I also liked the misdirection of the "orange" clues from the Destiny Book, as someone mentioned earlier...

Can someone please tell me what the Destiny Book is? It must have completely passed me by, or gone in one eye/ear and out the other. (I apologize if this was explained in a previous thread, but I haven't been able to read all of them.)
ced6 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-28-2005, 05:44 AM   #386 (Print)
Mike Farrington
Fatty McButterpants

Send a message via AIM to Mike Farrington
I don't know what exactly is. But in this episode Jin's roommate was reading his "future" to him as he prepared for his job interview. It seems analogous to reading one's horoscope.
Mike Farrington is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #387 (Print)
jenhudson
The "after" look.

Send a message via AIM to jenhudson
Quote:
This season it has bothered me a bit that the "others" are not discussed more amongst survivors who speak the same language. I'm talking about Ana Lucia's gang.

If I was Ana or Libby or Bernard, for example, and I found survivors from the front section, I'd be giving them the total low-down on what's been happening since we crashed. I would NOT be so vague and just order people to leave the shelter and don't make noise because "you don't know what THEY can do". I'd be saying what they've already done!

A more natural conversation might be: "We met these other people, but they killed or captured 14 of us! We don't know who they are, but we managed to escape and hide out here!"

I'm surprised only one person mentioned this. Hubby and I kept saying the same thing...if you ran across other crash survivors, wouldn't you try to get any and all information out of them? Granted, Rambina wasn't exactly friendly, but still... you'd think mundane stuff like What do you eat? Where do you sleep? What do you do all day? yada yada yada...would be fine to talk about?!

ETA: Put me in the pro-Jin camp and the hate-Michael camp. I wish he would die. I haven't liked him since the beginning.
jenhudson is offline Report Bad Post Report Post