TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #1 (Print)
LoraJ

Need a remote for Toshiba SD-H400 what kind can I use?

Does anyone know if I can use a Universal remote with this unit? I got this for my dad for father's day. I bought it off of ebay and had it shipped to my parents house. He never hooked it up, figured he'd wait until I was home for the holidays. I opened the box tonight and there was no remote. Too late to contact the seller.

So, I am hoping that a universal remote will work with this unit. Any suggestions? Or will only a special Toshiba one work. Which I just looked on Toshiba's site and can't find anything.
LoraJ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:40 PM   #2 (Print)
Edmund
Remote Guru

The new one-for-all have a built-in code, its code DVD 1996. Its in such models as urc-6820, 8820, 10820, or 6690.
Edmund is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #3 (Print)
LoraJ

Thank you so much!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #4 (Print)
LoraJ

So, I couldn't find any of those models except for 6690, which I don't think my parents would be able to handle.

I picked up urc 6131 because it had thumbs up and down buttons on it, which I didn't see on the other. I used code 1996, but it only controls select, ff, rew. Nothing for live TV or the TiVo menu, and the thumbs up and down buttons don't work at all. Very frustrating. Especially since it came in one of those obnoxious plastic things and now I probably won't be able to return it.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:43 AM   #5 (Print)
Edmund
Remote Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraJ
So, I couldn't find any of those models except for 6690, which I don't think my parents would be able to handle.

I picked up urc 6131 because it had thumbs up and down buttons on it, which I didn't see on the other. I used code 1996, but it only controls select, ff, rew. Nothing for live TV or the TiVo menu, and the thumbs up and down buttons don't work at all. Very frustrating. Especially since it came in one of those obnoxious plastic things and now I probably won't be able to return it.

Sorry, but the 6131 doesn't have code 1996 in its database. The remote didn't accept it, its still programmed to the factory default code, which happens to be the Toshiba dvd code, 0503. You can use that code anyways, with the help of some advanced codes, see this thread. For directions and codes.
Edmund is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #6 (Print)
LoraJ

Thanks Edmund.
Those codes seem to work well. Although in the process I seemed to have messed up and now #5 on the numeric keys is #2. Not sure how that happened. Do you have the code for the numeric keys?
Also, is the only way to control the volume is to hit the TV button and use that? And is there a code for single channel up and down?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #7 (Print)
Edmund
Remote Guru

To restore the #2 key:

1. DVD
2. press and hold SET for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-4
4. press #2
5. press #2 again.

To set the VOL lock to the TV:

1. press and hold SET for two blinks