July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #1 (Print)
blueshoo
el guapo

Cookie weirdness?

I don't think this is necessarily an issue with TCF, as I haven't seen anyone else post about it, but was hoping to get some advice from folks who may have seen similar behavior.

When I use my bookmark (using Firefox 1.0.1) to connect to TCF, I'm logged in automatically, as I always have been, and can see the forums with new posts. However, when I go to a forum, I see the list of threads as a non-logged in user. None of the threads with new posts are highlighted/have the 'go to first new post' icon, and the login box in the upper right has my username and is asking for my password. (with "Remember Me" already selected). Once I enter that, I seem to be logged in again, but my local thread history seems to be lost (Firefox not remembering which links I've followed).

This is only happening on TCF.

I cleared out all my cookies and relogged in, but the same thing happened when I closed the tab and came back to TCF. It looked like I was logged in (says Welcome, blueshoo, with last visited date, etc) on the main forum index, but going into a specifc forum and I'm apparently logged out.

Anyone seen similar behavior/know of a fix? Thanks.
blueshoo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #2 (Print)
leesweet
TC Special Member

I use FF 1.0.1 also, and haven't seen this. I had to login when the upgrade was done, of course, but since then, I go to CP and then to a thread or forum with no problems.

Worked fine on FF 1.0 or 1.0.1... all I'd suggest is the cookie delete, but you already did this.

Tried it on another PC to check there?

Old 03-20-2005, 07:28 AM   #3 (Print)
blueshoo
el guapo

To follow-up, it appeared to have to do with ZoneAlarm. I hadn't changed any settings, but it was doing it's job of blocking selective cookies apparently (there were tivocommunity cookies being set, but perhaps not all/not with full information?). www.tivocommunity.com wasn't in it's cookie site list for some reason, so I added it and gave it permission beyond the default cookie permissions, and all seems to be okay since then. Not sure what happened to change it, but all is well.
blueshoo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-21-2005, 12:20 PM   #4 (Print)
leesweet
TC Special Member

Yep, third party software firewalls can be stringent. I had a similar issue with ads using Spy Sweeper (which stops things realtime, also).

Always a good idea to start turning things off for a minute, beginning with the 3rd party anti-whatever software, to see if that's the issue.