TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE
 


 

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

 
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2005, 12:37 AM   #31 (Print)
pianoman
:-|
 
pianoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 2,494
Send a message via AIM to pianoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
2 ounces of Absolut Citron
1 ounce of Grand Marnier
1 ounce of Cranberry
2 ounces ruby red grapefruit.
That sounds really good. Of course, I have none of the four ingredients in the house.

__________________
You inspired me, Pianoman! -- M82A1A
Pianoman, you have inspired me. -- hefe
Pianoman, that's not very inspiring. -- edhara
pianoman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:37 AM   #32 (Print)
splendid
Sayitagain sweety!
 
splendid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Now with a Joisey accent
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Yes! You make that with Midori and watermelon juice.

I'll have one shaken up in a minute!

I'm having one now made with absolut citron and blue curacao with grapefruit juice. Dear God, it's good.



mmmm...

what I would give to have one of those right now.

__________________
Happiness is a habit - Cultivate it. ~ Elbert Hubbard
splendid is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:55 AM   #33 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.
 
YCantAngieRead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Clinton, Illinois
Posts: 17,648
Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
No, but could you get me a nice, real milk hot chocolate? Thanks.

__________________
"Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all." - Abraham Lincoln


New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 01:15 AM   #34 (Print)
faerie
Quack!
 
faerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cali!
Posts: 2,884
Send a message via AIM to faerie Send a message via Yahoo to faerie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz MidoriŽ melon liqueur
1 oz citrus vodka
1 1/2 oz fresh watermelon juice

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve.


my god that sounds good.

I'll be making that this summer for sure!
faerie is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #35 (Print)
justmike
This space for rent
 
justmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lower Slower Delaware
Posts: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Can I make y'all something?
Can I just watch?

__________________
MNoelH-You're not supposed to swallow it!

Brig1977-yes just a LITTLE is fun, not when its all over and in your mouth

Anubis- justmike is my favorite.
justmike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #36 (Print)
sublime
Cynic.
 
sublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Mogo, TX
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Good. I hate gin.


How can you possibly hate gin? Actually, I shouldn't say that. I used to hate it as well, until I tried a few different kinds at the behest of my gin loving friends. Both Junipero and Hendricks won me over and are now staples in my liquor cabinet.
sublime is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #37 (Print)
Rolf
Registered User
 
Rolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime
How can you possibly hate gin? Actually, I shouldn't say that. I used to hate it as well, until I tried a few different kinds at the behest of my gin loving friends. Both Junipero and Hendricks won me over and are now staples in my liquor cabinet.


I've been meaning to try the Junipero, but I haven't got around to it yet. It's made by my favorite beer brewer, Fritz Maytag.

As far as the other drinks described in this thread, they all sound great. None of them, though, is a martini. The defining elements of a martini are olives and vermouth. Watermelon Martinis, Choclotinis, Appletinis, etc. are fine beverages, but they're all misnamed. Lazy bartenders or sneaky marketing people just latch on to the 'tini' suffix because they're too lazy to invent a name for their invention or are just trying to attach themselves to a trend.

Personally, I don't drink martinis, because I don't like olives. Bombay Saphire Gibson for me, please.
Rolf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #38 (Print)
jami
#1 d-dub subscriber
 
jami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 8,993
Send a message via AIM to jami Send a message via MSN to jami Send a message via Yahoo to jami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf
As far as the other drinks described in this thread, they all sound great. None of them, though, is a martini. The defining elements of a martini are olives and vermouth. Watermelon Martinis, Choclotinis, Appletinis, etc. are fine beverages, but they're all misnamed. Lazy bartenders or sneaky marketing people just latch on to the 'tini' suffix because they're too lazy to invent a name for their invention or are just trying to attach themselves to a trend.

Personally, I don't drink martinis, because I don't like olives. Bombay Saphire Gibson for me, please.




Well said!! I agree whole-heartedly. Except I love olives, so I have no problems there!

__________________
I bow in worship and supplication to the almighty goddess Jami! - AJRitz

Need an avatar? PM me!

Enjoy Photography?
jami is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #39 (Print)
sublime
Cynic.
 
sublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Mogo, TX
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf
I've been meaning to try the Junipero, but I haven't got around to it yet. It's made by my favorite beer brewer, Fritz Maytag.


I'm a big fan of Fritz as well. I had a few of Anchor's Christmas ales last night. If you're really adventurous, try his ryes as well.
sublime is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #40 (Print)
northmoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 208
ok, ... I'm way late to the party, as usual. But, I'd like some input, if any care to give some: How is a Chocolate Martini? Any good?

I've seen several versions of it described on the internet, but have never tried one. I saw one with 2 oz Godiva Chocolate Liquer and 2 oz vodka, shaken and strained into a cocktail glass. It looked the most promising. Others included vanilla (vanil) vodka in it with creme de cacao and perhaps other ingredients here and there.

Any one have a particular favorites? Or, feel free to offer up any other favs unrelated to chocolate.
northmoor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #41 (Print)
skinnyjm
I'm Grumpy???
 
skinnyjm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz MidoriŽ melon liqueur
1 oz citrus vodka
1 1/2 oz fresh watermelon juice

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve.


That sounds like it would make a great LARGE shot!!!

__________________
RCA DVR80
HNS SD-DVR80
skinnyjm is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
 
Forum Jump
Thread Tools

Go Back  TiVo Community Archive2 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(C)opyright - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not affiliated with TiVo Inc.


Spider History Index