TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-25-2005, 11:19 PM   #1 (Print)
mike3775

Send a message via AIM to mike3775 Send a message via MSN to mike3775 Send a message via Yahoo to mike3775
Anyone else having probs with Transferring?

I have not been able to get anything I have recorded from ym Tivo to my PC since Friday.

At first I thought maybe my kids had disconnected the cord, but thats still connected.

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, and its not finding anything recorded on my Tivo, even though there is about 36 hours of recorded stuff on it.

Even Galleon isn't finding any recordings on my Tivo either.

I can transfer what I already have on my PC to the Tivo, but not from the Tivo to the PC.

Any help would be appreciated.
mike3775 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #2 (Print)
VauxhallGuy

Did you find a solution for this problem?
VauxhallGuy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #3 (Print)
Night Hawk

Question

Am having the same problem except am also losing the TIVO server connection I have to re-enter my media access key and manually enter my ip address every time I try to do something different ie.. listen to music files then try to view pictures or watch saved videos even though I can listen to my music files and view my pictures and saved videos when I try to go to pick recordings to trasfer it says there are no DVRS on the network ??? of course tech support was totally clueless!!!!

Last edited by Night Hawk : 12-29-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Night Hawk is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #4 (Print)
VauxhallGuy

Nighthawk,

Does the IP addresses of your Tivo or other machines on your network change? If your router is being turned off, or restarting itself some how, it may be reconfiguring your network settings without you knowing it. If this is the case, your computes might be able to reconfigure themselves automatically, but your Tivo may not be able to. Try running the ipconfig /all command from a dos prompt on your computers and the save the output. Rerun the command at different times during the day and see if the information there changes.

Hope this helps
VauxhallGuy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post