TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #31 (Print)
subtvdan

additional note checked the system information may mean nothing. there is also a dvd drive firmware of dvr-108rz 1.15
subtvdan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #32 (Print)
TiVoEvan74

subtvdan, have you tried 12 30 minute shows?

also, I hate to be harbinger of doom, but just wait... eventually the bug will bite you! Perhaps not today, perhaps not tomorrow, but surely the day after that!
TiVoEvan74 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:40 PM   #33 (Print)
subtvdan

Cool tivoevan

No i have not tried 12-30m shows, At my record quality level it allows me 8 -30min shows. Did you look at system info for the firmware ver just curious ? I hope you are wrong about the "Bug" getting me have had no problems whatsoever. You might have also tried this Go ahead and power down (unplug) the unit for a couple of minutes then power up. Remember it is a computer box and can get cluttered especially after a software upgrade.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #34 (Print)
TiVoEvan74

Yep, on my Toshiba the DVD OS ended with 1.15. haven't checked the Humax yet!

Oh, I'm among those who have had only 3 coasters, so my batting average is better than an All-star's. I have reset the units several times (not because of failed burning--but because of losing their USB adapters). Haven't tried the magic of unplugging (some say wait 8 hours, some say 15, some say...) because I haven't needed to. I just know that I ran into a series where 3 disks in a row failed (I switched the 3rd time to -RW) and they were ALL 12 30 minute shows! I also had succeeded with 12 30 minute ones under a previous OS.

So, it sounds as if you have succeeded with 8 30 minute shows. That's great!

No, I don't wish you any failures... I just think it's inevitable (media glitches, hardware-software oddball interactions, etc.), but with luck, you'll be in league with those of us for whom it is RARE!
TiVoEvan74 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 AM   #35 (Print)
tombaker

My DVD firmware is now" DVD-RW DVR-109RZ 1.25"

The TIVO just rebooted itself and I presume this is the only change
tombaker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #36 (Print)
cbltvtech

Internal Error burning since 7.2.1

New to the forum, Called Tivo and Toshiba today both blame each other for problem, Unit will not burn correctly since 7.2.1 before that I had only occasional bad burn. Now almost all are bad. I tried twice to reboot with still no success. Any ideas??? Thanks
cbltvtech is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #37 (Print)
lajohn27
Fanboi.. So what?

Tom:

Good catch! I wondered and was worried why my TIVO had rebooted yesterday (the 30 second skip being gone tipped me off) but I couldn't see anything that caused the reboot.

Firmware update on the DVD drive was probably the culprint.

As discussion progresses in any TCF thread where the thread resembles trolling from the first post; the likelihood of the original poster bringing up stock data nears 1.
lajohn27 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:05 PM   #38 (Print)
aizjanika

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbltvtech
New to the forum, Called Tivo and Toshiba today both blame each other for problem, Unit will not burn correctly since 7.2.1 before that I had only occasional bad burn. Now almost all are bad. I tried twice to reboot with still no success. Any ideas??? Thanks

I finally sent my unit in to be fixed. Maybe something in that software update messed up the DVD burner, but it wouldn't work at all. Humax did send us a new machine, but the new one, though the DVD burner worked, had other problems. My husband decided to fix the old one himself and we sent back the refurbished machine rather than getting stuck with one of their lemons. My "old" machine works perfectly now. I'm glad we didn't send it back until we set up the one they sent and made sure it was working properly.
aizjanika is offline Report Bad Post Report Post